Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What wheels are these?

I

iampatrick

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
I was looking at the California website in the UK and noticed this picture. What wheels are these? They are incredibly cool but I didn't see them as an option when we specced ours.

1618248768480.png

Not what's coming up when I google Posada alloys.

Posada 7LA601025FZZ Aluminium Wheel Rim 17 Inch 7Jx17 Black

Wheel load rating needs to use the standard 17" steel wheel load of 960kgs as a reference point to not go lower than.
Most of the VW alloy wheel options don’t meet that steel wheel load rating referenced, typically they are 850kgs / axle load of 1700kgs.
Cascavels / Palermerson / Toluca’s to name but a few.
My T6 Ocean 150 has an axle weight of 1620kgs

Wheel load rating needs to use the standard 17" steel wheel load of 960kgs as a reference point to not go lower than.
These are offered as an option in some markets for a Cali - clearly shown in the French brochure as suitable for Beach, Coast and Ocean .Screenshot 2021-04-12 at 22.17.15.png

Last edited:
Most of the VW alloy wheel options don’t meet that steel wheel load rating referenced, typically they are 850kgs / axle load of 1700kgs.
Cascavels / Palermerson / Toluca’s to name but a few.
My T6 Ocean 150 has an axle weight of 1620kgs
I've never been able to source the actual load rating of VW wheels which always seemed odd as they are usually manufactured by the top brands who put the load rating on the actual wheel for non production wheels. Brobet eg.

If Cascavels are 850kgs why fit minimum 875kgs tyres/ Just curious.

I've never been able to source the actual load rating of VW wheels which always seemed odd as they are usually manufactured by the top brands who put the load rating on the actual wheel for non production wheels. Brobet eg.

If Cascavels are 850kgs why fit minimum 875kgs tyres/ Just curious.
I don’t really know to be honest. Is it to do with popular sizes or manufacturing? ie there seems to be 101 or 103 in abundance but less 102 choice?

Back