Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What was your first VW?

you get a bit more tech and comfort with the Cali :cheers

your styling it out in those aviators :Stig #skinny / jeans:Iamsorry
Yes, the highest tech in my Beetle was the Blaupunkt radio/cassette :)

My first VW was my first car. A 1964 VW Karmann Ghia that my grandfather used to own. He had bought it from new and I started to own it in 1977 just before my 17th birthday. 1200cc, 6 volt and swing axle suspension. And that was just the car! ;)

My first VW was my first car. A 1964 VW Karmann Ghia that my grandfather used to own. He had bought it from new and I started to own it in 1977 just before my 17th birthday. 1200cc, 6 volt and swing axle suspension. And that was just the car! ;)
Great car as a 16 year old. Mate of mine has one now - it’s a beauty.

That's Citroen Bamboo Green if I'm not mistaken. My first car, in the 90s, was a 1977 Beetle just like this but with off white lower panel across doors.
It actually called VW Apple Green and I think it was only ever used on that model. Yes it does look similar to the Bamboo Green

It actually called VW Apple Green and I think it was only ever used on that model. Yes it does look similar to the Bamboo Green
Called Apple Green when on a UK designated GT Beetle but called Cliff Green on any other VW. Paint code LA61A. May also have been known as 'Rallye Green'.

Brilliant to learn that my green Beetle was in a genuine VW colour. I always felt like it was a bit of a fraud having been painted in a Citroen paint colour. Not that it really mattered – it was a fun car, when not broken down at the side of the road, or going through a puddle (passengers would usually wonder why I told them to raise their feet until it was too late!).

Called Apple Green when on a UK designated GT Beetle but called Cliff Green on any other VW. Paint code LA61A. May also have been known as 'Rallye Green'.
What an amazing source of knowledge this site is . I never knew that!!

Brilliant to learn that my green Beetle was in a genuine VW colour. I always felt like it was a bit of a fraud having been painted in a Citroen paint colour. Not that it really mattered – it was a fun car, when not broken down at the side of the road, or going through a puddle (passengers would usually wonder why I told them to raise their feet until it was too late!
Brilliant to learn that my green Beetle was in a genuine VW colour. I always felt like it was a bit of a fraud having been painted in a Citroen paint colour. Not that it really mattered – it was a fun car, when not broken down at the side of the road, or going through a puddle (passengers would usually wonder why I told them to raise their feet until it was too late!).
Definitely agree with the fun car part! Happy memories:). I had completely forgotten about the time I was driving along the A1 only to see smoke billowing from the engine in the rear view mirror. Turned out to be the sump bolt that had fallen out!!!

Red 1989 VW Corrado 1.8 16v. I Loved that car but Mrs drpps didn’t!
Golf mkV GT tdi
Golf VII GTE
Cali.

Red 1989 VW Corrado 1.8 16v. I Loved that car but Mrs drpps didn’t!
Golf mkV GT tdi
Golf VII GTE
Cali.
In 1976 I had one of the first VW Scirocco’s in the UK. Pretty car at the time.

Back