• Thread starter Brendan eldridge
  • Start date
B

Brendan eldridge

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Hi all
My ocean is in build week 40 so 3rd Oct roughly and today I received an email from VW inviting me to download the We Connect app, within 48hrs before collection.
When I spoke to the dealer at the beginning of the week the vehicle was still in production.
At what stage of the production triggers this email?
I’m hoping the production is complete and it’s awaiting transit to the port???
Has anybody else been in the similar situation able to comment?
Thanks in advance

Brendan

I got that email 30/9 and my van is ready to collect next week. Unfortunately, we can’t collect for a couple of weeks but that gives you a rough guide.

If your build week was a month ago and your dealer confirmed that then as long as there have been no major parts shortages your Cali would have been in build for between 1 and 4 weeks. So it should be popping out about now and with you within a month.

The dealer does have direct access to the system, so does see more status codes, so can help more.

That said there does seem a blind spot in the system between offline from build to in port in UK. Our dealer was spot on though.

As for when the system triggers the mail, this feels a new thing. We never got it and not many have said this before. We do use WE and quite like it for our Cali and Tiguan.

I’d say someone in VW has a new KPI to increase WE signups and this is the outcome.

I got that email 30/9 and my van is ready to collect next week. Unfortunately, we can’t collect for a couple of weeks but that gives you a rough guide.
Thanks

If your build week was a month ago and your dealer confirmed that then as long as there have been no major parts shortages your Cali would have been in build for between 1 and 4 weeks. So it should be popping out about now and with you within a month.

The dealer does have direct access to the system, so does see more status codes, so can help more.

That said there does seem a blind spot in the system between offline from build to in port in UK. Our dealer was spot on though.

As for when the system triggers the mail, this feels a new thing. We never got it and not many have said this before. We do use WE and quite like it for our Cali and Tiguan.

I’d say someone in VW has a new KPI to increase WE signups and this is the outcome.
Thanks

I received this email at the end of the third build week, when I believe the vehicle was released from the factory for shipping.

You can download the app and register, but need the vehicles VIN number to progress with setting up.

You can download the app and register, but need the vehicles VIN number to progress with setting up.
Yes I got that far.

Wanted to understand timescales from this email to delivery.

I was 7 weeks from this VW email to vehicle arriving at the dealers.

Hi all
My ocean is in build week 40 so 3rd Oct roughly and today I received an email from VW inviting me to download the We Connect app, within 48hrs before collection.
When I spoke to the dealer at the beginning of the week the vehicle was still in production.
At what stage of the production triggers this email?
I’m hoping the production is complete and it’s awaiting transit to the port???
Has anybody else been in the similar situation able to comment?
Thanks in advance

Brendan
The vin number has been created for the van as it progresses during production, and as a guess I’d say it’s when the van moves from the panel van factory to the Cali fit-out factory. If your dealer logs into the factory system they should see the vin. Alternatively, hold your horses and wait till you have the van. WeConnect makes more sense when you have the van.

The vin number has been created for the van as it progresses during production, and as a guess I’d say it’s when the van moves from the panel van factory to the Cali fit-out factory. If your dealer logs into the factory system they should see the vin. Alternatively, hold your horses and wait till you have the van. WeConnect makes more sense when you have the van.
Thanks

Hi all, I've been getting this email roughly once a day for the last 2 or 3 weeks - we took delivery of our cali in March!

I tried replying but it's appears to be an undeliverable email address.

is it just me? Anyone know why or how to stop it? I don't want to unsubscribe completely as you never know - one day thay might have something useful to say!

Back