Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What to watch on Netflix?

Have been watching the remake of The Ipcress File, a six-parter on ITV Hub. Forget Michael Caine and watch it for what it is, a decently-acted and at times beautifully shot 60s retro-fest. The scenes shot in England have more than a bit of The Avengers about them. And Lucy Boynton is gorgeous.
From the clips I've seen, the main character looks about 12.

‘Stay Close’ was pretty decent on Netflix. It’s another mini series based on a Harlan Coben novel (The Stranger, Safe, etc.)

BBC SOUNDS: The Coming Storm was an interesting listen. A multi part documentary regarding the invasion of Capitol Hill and events that preceded it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One of my favourite films is Stand By Me (Dir. Rob Reiner) 1986.

It’s excellent on many levels. Particularly cinematography, for me anyhow.

Reminds me of the long hot summer holidays in the late 70’s (uk) as a kid. I seemed to spend all day with my mates just knocking around on bicycles before heading home for tea.

If you’ve never watched it, do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of my favourite films is Stand By Me (Dir. Rob Reiner) 1986.

It’s excellent on many levels. Particularly cinematography, for me anyhow.

Reminds me of the long hot summer holidays in the late 70’s (uk) as a kid. I seemed to spend all day with my mates just knocking around on bicycles before heading home for tea.

If you’ve never watched it, do.

Just finished watching this, beautiful movie. Watched it many years ago and really enjoyed it again.

The rise of the Lakers. Winning time. John c riley is excellent in this. Not sure if its Netflix tho because as usual I got it illegally

Is it just me or has Netflix lost the plot? I know they have well documented issue, but really!!

Apart from the last series of Better Call Saul, there seems to have been a complete dearth of anything vaguely interesting to watch. I even re-watched the entire series of Narcos and Narcos Mexico waiting for something to turn up. Still waiting... will have to get out more I think.

Ive got the finale of Stranger Things to watch, then I'm on the hunt for something else...

Q
Ive got the finale of Stranger Things to watch, then I'm on the hunt for something else...
We're on a similar hunt. Just finished Stranger Things. I didn't think it would be for me but really enjoyed it. Personally I lost in interest in Better Call Saul. I think a lot of these US dramas don't know when to stop.

I'm no F1 fan but find the F1 series (can't remember it's name) strangely compelling.

Not Netflix but on Amazon Prime, 13 Lives is amazing. Based on the true story of the rescue of a boys football team from a cave in Thailand a few years ago.

Is it just me or has Netflix lost the plot? I know they have well documented issue, but really!!

Apart from the last series of Better Call Saul, there seems to have been a complete dearth of anything vaguely interesting to watch. I even re-watched the entire series of Narcos and Narcos Mexico waiting for something to turn up. Still waiting... will have to get out more I think.
Watch 'The Secret', James Nesbit, based on a true story. Four episodes, watched it in one go.

Q

We're on a similar hunt. Just finished Stranger Things. I didn't think it would be for me but really enjoyed it. Personally I lost in interest in Better Call Saul. I think a lot of these US dramas don't know when to stop.

I'm no F1 fan but find the F1 series (can't remember it's name) strangely compelling.
Drive to Survive. Brings a human element to the racing, I loved it

Kleo has been good so far, set in 90's Berlin post wall, great music and clothing from that period as well and the East and West juxtaposition of cars ;)

Not a recent film but Unorthodox was enjoyable.
A Hasidic Jewish woman in Brooklyn flees to Berlin from an arranged marriage and is taken in by a group of musicians — until her past comes calling.
Think it’s on Netflix.

Not Netflix but on Amazon Prime, 13 Lives is amazing. Based on the true story of the rescue of a boys football team from a cave in Thailand a few years ago.

Thanks for prompting me to watch this last night. Gripping viewing and all the more engaging for being true.

Just finished binge watching the 3 seasons of “The Umbrella Academy“

If you liked Stranger Things, Heroes, X-men, Looper, Inception etc.. then it will be right up your street.

Bad Sisters on Apple TV+

Irish sisters plot to kill their nasty brother-in-law, black comedy that really gets you cheering them on. Saw it mentioned on gogglebox, we enjoyed it, was good.

Last edited:
Kleo has been good so far, set in 90's Berlin post wall, great music and clothing from that period as well and the East and West juxtaposition of cars ;)
Genuinely bizarre tv. A bit Tarantino with bad over dubbing. Good stuff.

Drive to survive. Netflix. Formula 1. Some amazing footage

All Quiet on the Western Front on Netflix. New 2022 German made version. Harrowing but brilliant, and particularly poignant as I watched it the night before Remembrance Sunday.