Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What to watch on Netflix?

Not on Netflix, but BBC I player

The Serpent

Dramatisation of a true story of an international mass murder, French Subtitles in parts, up to episode 6 so far, well worth a watch.

Not on Netflix, but BBC I player

The Serpent

Dramatisation of a true story of an international mass murder, French Subtitles in parts, up to episode 6 so far, well worth a watch.
Yep agree, really interesting story.
Just finished the Queens Gambit which was also really good. Probably wouldn’t have watched it if it wasn’t for this thread.

For those who enjoyed West Wing, Madame Secretary is pretty good....way better than Designated Survivor (which shouldn't have survived season 1 )

Also, no mentions of Succession? V good tho full of characters you'll love to hate

For those who enjoyed West Wing, Madame Secretary is pretty good....way better than Designated Survivor (which shouldn't have survived season 1 )

Thanks might try it.

Agreed re Designated Survivor. Binned fairly quickly as a soap in disguise.

Mike

‘Contagion’ is a 2011 film about, guess what? Yes, a respiratory virus that spreads across the globe. Well worth a watch even though we’re in the middle of such a story. Considering it was made 9 years ago, it’s amazing how accurate it was in playing out the current scenario.

On Netflix
Queen's Gambit
Who would have thought chess could be so exciting?

‘Contagion’ is a 2011 film about, guess what? Yes, a respiratory virus that spreads across the globe. Well worth a watch even though we’re in the middle of such a story. Considering it was made 9 years ago, it’s amazing how accurate it was in playing out the current scenario.
Its good watch this.

I was blown away by just how much if it applies to whats going on currently, including their 'social distancing' too. Didnt they use 2m rule too? or am I imagining that bit?

Brilliant watch non the less.

On Netflix
Queen's Gambit
Who would have thought chess could be so exciting?
A curious watch this. Chess? wha? nah not for me. However watched first episode and was hooked. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Even tempted to watch it again.

It looks stunning too.

I watched the Karate Kid on the TV over Xmas for the very first time and really enjoyed it... after watching Karate Kid 2, stumbled across Cobra Kai on Netflix and watched all 3 seasons in about 3 days! I Really enjoyed it. Am i the only sad one on here??!

I watched the Karate Kid on the TV over Xmas for the very first time and really enjoyed it... after watching Karate Kid 2, stumbled across Cobra Kai on Netflix and watched all 3 seasons in about 3 days! I Really enjoyed it. Am i the only sad one on here??!
Cobra Kai is great. Watched the latest one at the weekend

Glue is also worth watching

I have just watched and really enjoyed the film Bad Samaritan on Netflix.
I am a bit behind with some series but am currently watching Schitts Creek, The Umbrella Academy, Good Girls and Dark.
Others I have enjoyed are The Queen’s Gambit, The Crown, Good Omens, Ozark and Happy.
It’s great to get some more recommendations from this thread. Thanks everyone.

Thanks much to All those who made QG recommendations. Very enjoyable

*muchly

Captain Fantastic is ace

Also
Atypical
And - not being a fan of anything sci fi - The Midnight Sky was surprisingly good

Casa de papel - Money Heist
A must !!!!! can't wait for season 5 due next summer.

Also, no mentions of Succession? V good tho full of characters you'll love to hate
Love Madam Sec we watched each season as soon as it was released, miss that show.

Un Plan Parfait .... the scene at the Dental Surgery, one word, hilarious.

Not on Netflix but available on Amazon Prime is ‘Searching for Sugar Man’.
It’s an amazing true story. Went to see Rodriguez at Hammersmith Apollo when he toured following his rediscovery. The album is good too.

Recommend 2 films:
Uwantme2killhim?
The Professor and the Madman
Both on Netflix

The Crown. Got to be the best and easiest history lesson about the Royals I have seen. Just about to start Series 4.

Just as long as you realise that much of it is little more than fiction hung on a loose framework of facts. Very entertaining though.
Agree. It should be treated as gossip, rather than a history lesson. There are many examples where the Crown has portrayed events that have been proven to be factually incorrect.
I’m glad my life isn’t prominent enough for Netflix to tell the story.
People are making judgements on individuals character, based on fiction to improve the storyline.

Agree. It should be treated as gossip, rather than a history lesson. There are many examples where the Crown has portrayed events that have been proven to be factually incorrect.
I’m glad my life isn’t prominent enough for Netflix to tell the story.
People are making judgements on individuals character, based on fiction to improve the storyline.
Yes, since much of the Crown's content involves unrecorded discourse within personal relationships, those elements alone are pure speculation. In effect filling in the spaces between the dots. Much of the remaining content is almost certainly opinion, recollections or speculation gleaned from various sources, some good some less so. Then there's the artistic licence element added make the whole thing more dramatic. What's left are the bare facts which form the back bone of the whole Netflix Crown show.

The Royals certainly won't fill in the gaps so Netflix have done their version. Nothing wrong with that as long as it isn't treated as an accurate portrayal of events therein.

Accepting it for what it is I must say that it is an extremely well made sumptuous production and one that we have both thoroughly enjoyed.

Last edited:
Yes, since much of the Crown's content involves unrecorded discourse within personal relationships, those elements alone are pure speculation. In effect filling in the spaces between the dots. Much of the remaining content is almost certainly opinion, recollections or speculation gleaned from various sources, some good some less so. Then there's the artistic licence element added make the whole thing more dramatic. What's left are the bare facts which form the back bone of the whole Netflix Crown show.

The Royals certainly won't fill in the gaps so Netflix have done their version. Nothing wrong with that as long as it isn't treated as an accurate portrayal of events therein.

Accepting it for what it is I must say that it is an extremely well made sumptuous production and one that we have both thoroughly enjoyed.
Appreciate that they layer to bulk out the bare bones, but I don’t find it acceptable when they change actual recorded events to make it more dramatic. I first became aware of this regarding the treatment of the storyline around the death of Prince Philip’s sister and there have been many inaccuracies since.
We all like a good story and I appreciate that the royal family have a very privileged position, but they are real people and promoting a distorted view of events (especially whilst they’re still alive) just seems wrong.
The majority of people watching it won’t be aware that recorded historical events have been changed, rather than just additional padding added.

Is any of it filmed at Pizza Express.