Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What to watch on Netflix?

GrumpyGranddad

GrumpyGranddad

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Not watched it yet but ‘Little Miss Sunshine’s Road Tripper’ on Amazon prime (I think), is a comedy road trip movie in a VW Bus.

F57ACA49-F955-4C9E-83AE-82682041BBE6.png

GrumpyGranddad

GrumpyGranddad

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
News of the World, Tom Hanks on Netflix.

Borris

Borris

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
News of the World, Tom Hanks on Netflix.
Yes, watched it yesterday afternoon whilst home alone twiddling my thumbs. It's a good watch.

I'd have past it by if it wasn't for Tom Hanks playing the lead. If he's in something it's always a belter. I loved Bridge of Spies. One of his best!
Morgan Freeman is another. They seem to have a nose for a good script.

Btw, after a shakey start (too much forward and back nonsense), the Serpent did turn out to be a good watch. Thanks.:thumb

BeagleMum

BeagleMum

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Yes, watched it yesterday afternoon whilst home alone twiddling my thumbs. It's a good watch.

I'd have past it by if it wasn't for Tom Hanks playing the lead. If he's in something it's always a belter. I loved Bridge of Spies. One of his best!
Morgan Freeman is another. They seem to have a nose for a good script.

Btw, after a shakey start (too much forward and back nonsense), the Serpent did turn out to be a good watch. Thanks.:thumb
Agree about Bridge of Spies excellent film.

Azteccamper

Azteccamper

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
ZeroZeroZero on Sky. Bit violent and subtitled for parts in Italy and Mexico but a great storyline and very watchable. Only 1 series atm of 8 episodes. Give it a go.

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I watched the imitation game last night.

I realised 5 minutes in I had watched it before.

It bends truth to breaking point but captures fully the travesty of justice that befell Alan Turing. I found it very upsetting that someone can contribute so much but be damaged so far simply because of being different.

Terribly distressing.

Velma's Dad

Velma's Dad

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Just got round to watching The Irishman - Scorcese, starring De Niro, Pacino and Pesci. One of the greats, when you have the requisite three and a half hours to spare (and let's face it who hasn't at the moment). Wry and entertaining throughout.

GrumpyGranddad

GrumpyGranddad

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
I watched the imitation game last night.

I realised 5 minutes in I had watched it before.

It bends truth to breaking point but captures fully the travesty of justice that befell Alan Turing. I found it very upsetting that someone can contribute so much but be damaged so far simply because of being different.

Terribly distressing.
Bletchley Park is a good day out. The new visitor centre there is very well done.

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Bletchley Park is a good day out. The new visitor centre there is very well done.

It was on my big cycle journey until I changed the route.

Strangely Alan Turing features in my manuscript of my latest (and last) book.

The post war era was so full of hatred for anyone or anything different. A strange reflection on the British psyche but out of my realm.

I have my own personal experience, it is not a beautiful one.

Last edited:
Sunstoner

Sunstoner

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199 4 motion
Just got round to watching The Irishman - Scorcese, starring De Niro, Pacino and Pesci. One of the greats, when you have the requisite three and a half hours to spare (and let's face it who hasn't at the moment). Wry and entertaining throughout.
Good call. A great film. A long'un but def worth it.

GrumpyGranddad

GrumpyGranddad

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Eastbound and Down is very funny.

Velma's Dad

Velma's Dad

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I gotta recommend 'The Dig' on Netlfix. A charming factual drama.
That one will split the room. It's a simple little film plot-wise, but great performances and lovely filming. We enjoyed it but I'm guessing it may disappoint some as it could be said to lack pace.

(For any Arts and Crafts architecture geeks, the film is worth watching just for the use of a gorgeous CFA Voysey house for one of the main sets - they used Norney Grange in Surrey).

Borris

Borris

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
"White House Farm" on Netflix. A gripping series based (don't know how closely), on true events that you may recall.

Very well made.

Last edited:
Sunstoner

Sunstoner

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199 4 motion
Watched it a couple of nights ago and thought it was brilliant.
Ralph Fiennes was excellent.

Will make our next trip to the British museum even more interesting.

Mike
Yeah it is very good esp the excellent Fiennes. Ive been meaning to watch it again and ditto on the much promised (to our kids) visit to the British museum

VW California Club