Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What to watch on Netflix?

“The Social Dilemma” is well worth a watch.

Few more:
Devs
Queen of the South
The Terror, season 1(Amazon), +Excellent+

Older ones worth rewatching:
Nighty Night
The Inbetweeners
White Gold
Motherland

Also just finished 'Queens Gambit' after recommendations on here, enjoyed it.

Fabulous series.

Stumbled across it and on seeing a thread on here thought I would add it to the list.

I see I’m a bit late.

2 Sittings.

Mike

Last edited:
I can’t remember who suggested the Queens Gambit.
Just finished watching the series and thought it was brilliant. Thanks

I’ve even started playing Chess again.
Although, my game definitely needs some practice...

Ratched was pretty good and like you flick between Amazon Prime and Netflix. Really do think that Amazons offering of books/mags/music/TV/films and of course stunning delivery service for not much over £70 a year is outstanding value.

Queens Gambit was brill
Enjoying a rewatch of Ripper Street (amazon)
Rewatch of Misfits
Umbrella Academy
Sex Education was great too.
Stranger Things
No Im not ok with this
Vikings - Really good
Barbarians - just started feels v much like Vikings as u can imagine
Haunting of Bly Manor - quite enjoyable

Yet to watch but on the list:
Sons of anarchy
Breaking bad

Great post this. Given me some gr8 ideas. Well done OP!!
I've been told that if you are going to watch Breaking Bad then you should watch 'Better Call Saul' first. I have seen Breaking Bad and can thoroughly recommend it. It's utterly brilliant. However, I haven't seen Better Call Saul so I cannot confirm this. I see no point in watching a prequel having already watched the main event. Apparently this latter series details how one of the characters, Saul, became involved in crime before he appears in Breaking Bad.

No, I'd say definitely Breaking Bad first before Better Call Saul

another +1 for Ozark - the slowly rising tide of tension ...

will be completing Spooks (85 shows in 10 series) on BBC iPlayer tonight - I'd dipped in & out when it was on live (how quaint) and on-balance it still just about stands up.

Line Of Duty is also on Netflix now too.

Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee is great & easy going if you love Jerry Seinfeld, but I'd imagine immensely irritating otherwise.

Money Heist is also compulsive brain-off binge material - silly but great fun & curiously addictive.

===========

Designated Survivor I found a bit tame after The West Wing & House of Cards (not to mention 24).

Narcos I've not got round to yet, but 'everyone' raves about it - same for Fargo.

- Hillbilly Elegy - true story, Glenn Close, Amy Adams
- The End of the F***ing World - very black comedy
- Good Girls
- The Keepers - shocking story about the Catholic Church (like Spotlight)

@Borris
Get on Better Call Saul.
Cracking series

Oh and Hinterland - brilliant Welsh crime drama set in and near Aberyswyth - great rugged mountain scenery - great place to take our Cali after lockdown ......

another +1 for Ozark - the slowly rising tide of tension ...

will be completing Spooks (85 shows in 10 series) on BBC iPlayer tonight - I'd dipped in & out when it was on live (how quaint) and on-balance it still just about stands up.

Line Of Duty is also on Netflix now too.

Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee is great & easy going if you love Jerry Seinfeld, but I'd imagine immensely irritating otherwise.

Money Heist is also compulsive brain-off binge material - silly but great fun & curiously addictive.

===========

Designated Survivor I found a bit tame after The West Wing & House of Cards (not to mention 24).

Narcos I've not got round to yet, but 'everyone' raves about it - same for Fargo.

Yes, we got bored with Designated Survivor - just seemed to be on repeat after a while

We Are The Champions - Cheese Rolling

Older ones worth rewatching:
Nighty Night
The Inbetweeners
White Gold
Motherland
[/QUOTE]
I see a theme - seen and liked all

I've been told that if you are going to watch Breaking Bad then you should watch 'Better Call Saul' first. I have seen Breaking Bad and can thoroughly recommend it. It's utterly brilliant. However, I haven't seen Better Call Saul so I cannot confirm this. I see no point in watching a prequel having already watched the main event. Apparently this latter series details how one of the characters, Saul, became involved in crime before he appears in Breaking Bad.
Funny you suggest that because I'd heard youre supposed to watch Breaking Bad first despite it being set later in the timeline. I've just had a quick peak online and this seems to be general consensus.

a snippet taken from an online search. Seems to be mirrored elsewhere....

'...Yes, “Better Call Saul” is a prequel, but it definitely makes more sense to start with “Breaking Bad.” “Better Call Saul” gets a lot of juice from its implied resonance with “Breaking Bad” — familiar faces, people you know are not long for this world, jokey callbacks to obscure incidents. ..'

So you could get cracking with Better Call Saul :D

I literally just started Breaking Bad last night. Only Ep1 done and cant wait to absorb more!

Oh you are in for a treat

Just started breaking bad last night. A friend of mine has been repeatedly going on about Sons of Anarchy so that'll be next :happy

I can’t remember who suggested the Queens Gambit.
Just finished watching the series and thought it was brilliant. Thanks

I’ve even started playing Chess again.
Although, my game definitely needs some practice...
Just finished Queens Gambit..fab...was a good one.

downloaded a chess app on my phone lol, not played for years

Just finished Queens Gambit..fab...was a good one.

downloaded a chess app on my phone lol, not played for years

Ive downloaded Chess.com app.
Haven’t bothered with the subscription. Just play the 10min online game against others.
It’s not bad.

I Zoomed some friends last night. Said they had to give up Chess years ago, because she kept beating him. For the sake of their marriage they moved the board up to the loft...:D

Lucky you, first couple of series are so good
Once you’re hooked Sunstoner, you’ll love it and probably do a few episodes back-to-back. Brilliant series. Once you’ve finished, then it’s time for ‘Better call Saul’ :)

OK, not on Netflix but The Sopranos is fantastic and The Wire is probably the best of it’s genre.

I Zoomed some friends last night. Said they had to give up Chess years ago, because she kept beating him. For the sake of their marriage they moved the board up to the loft...:D
Loved Queens gambit, reminded me of a girl I bumped into while backpacking in the 90’s, She was travelling round Thailand with no money and little else apart from a Chessboard, nobody could beat her, we spent a couple of months together smoking opium and hustling the beach bars for banana pancakes, happy days.

I wonder where she is now :rolleyes:

Well this is funny, I’ve just joined the forum and this is nothing to do with California’s, anyway we are watching “This is us”, it’s a great series with heart warming characters.

100% agree about The Wire, even better that Breaking Bad.

Yeah...
One of my all time favourites.
Took a while to understand them all :)