• Dolly Parton, Here I am - I love Dolly Parton
  • Designated Survivor - we really liked this
  • Queen's Gambit - we really liked this
  • The last Kingdom - adventure
  • Mandalorian - my daughter loves this, so I had to watch it too
  • The Foreigner - I think that was one of the best Jackie Chan films
  • Dragon Blade - I loved that film
  • Mulan - enjoyed it, but it was a missed opportunity. Could have been better
At the moment I watch "Sons of Anarchy". It is quite wild and sometimes extreme, but I am hooked now.

Watching films was quite nice, but after so many months of spending evenings watching films I start to pick more information videos from YouTube (Photography, Camping, Travelling). I feel I have an even better control of what I watch. Also I want to read more.

Beside the camper, photography is my second hobby. Not that I am very good at it, but I enjoy it. So I want to spend more time in training to handle (understand) the camera and photography and "tidy-up" my photobank (stand Nov. 2020 ~66,000 pictures).

I hope this will help to get through the "dark" month of winter and the extreme lockdown that we have at the moment (and I am sure, will be in some shape or form still in place over Christmas).

Happy California,
Eberhard

Last edited:
Good morning,

In recent months I watched a few shows on Netflix, Amazon and Disney+:
  • Mr. Iglesias - I thought that was really funny
  • Good Witch - peaceful
  • Death in Paradise - entertaining
  • Marco Polo - adventure and entertaining
At the moment I watch "Sons of Anarchy". It is quite wild and sometimes extreme, but I am hooked now.

Watching films was quite nice, but after so many months of spending evenings watching films I start to pick more information videos from YouTube (Photography, Camping, Travelling). I fell I have an even better control of what I watch. Also I want to read more.

Beside the camper, photography is my second hobby. Not that I am very good at it, but I enjoy it. So I want to spend more time in training to handle (understand) the camera and photography and "tidy-up" my photobank (stand Nov. 2020 ~66,000 pictures).

I hope this will help to get through the "dark" month of winter and the extreme lockdown that we have at the moment (and I am sure, will be in some shape or form still in place over Christmas).

Happy California,
Eberhard

+ 1 for ‘Sons of Anarchy’

The Bureau. In French with subtitles.
It about the French Intelligence Service.
We are now on season five!

Unstoppable - true storey of Bethany Hamilton a documentary style - she was a young up and coming surf star until a shark removed her arm !
amazing storey of her life and obsession with Surfing
truly inspirational individual who never gave up
worth a watch

Magnetic - truly awesome extreme sports - jaw dropping

expedition happiness - German couple buy a US school bus, convert it to a home on wheels and travel Canada to Mexico , some amazing scenery and a true life storey

Looks like the Queen's Gambit needs to be added to the watchlist.

The Dawn Wall is another good series - about a free-climber attempting to climb a face of El Capitan, basically a giant shiny sheer granite slab, in Yosemite National Park.

Edit not a free climber, just a regular climber but climbing a face considered unclimbable.

Last edited:
+1 for Queens Gambit, ended up binge watching over two days and then ordered a chess board from Amazon the next day. Brilliant series, you don't need to know anything about chess to enjoy it

Also on prime , the Marvelous Mrs Maisel is another must watch

Looks like the Queen's Gambit needs to be added to the watchlist.

The Dawn Wall is another good series - about a free-climber attempting to climb a face of El Capitan, basically a giant shiny sheer granite slab, in Yosemite National Park.

Edit not a free climber, just a regular climber but climbing a face considered unclimbable.
Been to Yosemite a couple of times, El Capitan is awesome.

Better Call Saul (great for fans of Breaking Bad)
Schitt’s Creek
The Crown
I too am a fan of better call Saul. Looking forward to the next series that links into Breaking bad. As we are talking about watching Netflix. I have been researching a projector set up for the van. Quality and portability very important. Will project onto a screen up in the front wall of the pop top, see chilli a Taiwan Cali owner on YouTube . Unit has to have an internal battery for off grid use , quiet and have both horizontal and vertical keystone adjustment. 120cm wide screen should fit up there, so it is the position of the projector I need to finalise. Should give the correct throw if sat on glass top of hob. If you can, could you please measure in cm the distance from left hand edge of hob glass to the dead centre of the front pop top wall. This would confirm if my set up idea will work. Two projectors are the top of my list. Viewsonic m2 separate 45w battery pack needed but high spec suitable for in the house use also , or the Xgimi Halo with an Android operating system and internal battery many thanks Marcus

Don't f☆☆k with cats is UNBELIEVABLE
I started to watch this after you mentioned it. Gave up after about 30 minutes.

I came across as a documentary(ish).

Should we have persevered?

I started to watch this after you mentioned it. Gave up after about 30 minutes.

I came across as a documentary(ish).

Should we have persevered?
It is a documentary. It's true. That's what is so crazy about it. It's brutal so not everyone will enjoy but I was genuinely stunned by it.

The Bureau. In French with subtitles.
It about the French Intelligence Service.
We are now on season five!
Another one for The Bureau ... superb

What are we all watching on Netflix at the moment , looking to do some serious binging whilst on furlough
Ratched - based on the nurse from One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest

But, for us an Amazon Prime Subscription is probably better value, lots of good US box sets and better selection of movies, as long as you don't mind giving a little bit more of your hard earned to Dr Evil:

This is Us
House
Life in Pieces
Marvellous Mrs Maisel
Grand Tour
Fleabag
The Boys
The Night Manager
The HandMaids Tale

Call my agent..In french with subtitles. Set in a parisian thatrical agency and has stars of stage and screen play themselves. It's very funny and it's great for learning french too.

Ratched - based on the nurse from One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest

Ratched was pretty good and like you flick between Amazon Prime and Netflix. Really do think that Amazons offering of books/mags/music/TV/films and of course stunning delivery service for not much over £70 a year is outstanding value.

Queens Gambit was brill
Enjoying a rewatch of Ripper Street (amazon)
Rewatch of Misfits
Umbrella Academy
Sex Education was great too.
Stranger Things
No Im not ok with this
Vikings - Really good
Barbarians - just started feels v much like Vikings as u can imagine
Haunting of Bly Manor - quite enjoyable

Yet to watch but on the list:
Sons of anarchy
Breaking bad

Great post this. Given me some gr8 ideas. Well done OP!!

After seeing Queens Gambit on here we binged it at weekend, superb - Thank you

Good morning,

In recent months I watched a few shows on Netflix, Amazon and Disney+:
  • Mr. Iglesias - I thought that was really funny
  • Good Witch - peaceful
  • Death in Paradise - entertaining
  • Marco Polo - adventure and entertaining

Watching films was quite nice, but after so many months of spending evenings watching films I start to pick more information videos from YouTube (Photography, Camping, Travelling). I feel I have an even better control of what I watch. Also I want to read more.

Happy California,
Eberhard
A second vote for Designated Survivor, we thought the first series was excellent

I've been umming and arring (spelling?) about joining Netflix, but I decided to after following this thread. Just finished 'Queen's Gambit'. Worth the monthly fee on it's own. Very good and uplifting. Thx all.

Also just finished 'Queens Gambit' after recommendations on here, enjoyed it.