Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What rubbish bin do you use?

i wish that one had a lid! If it did it would be perfect. Without a lid, it's no use for me. (well, actually, it might be rather good just to store books and games and things.....)

i use one of these, which is great, but doesn't quite fit in that space!

i don't bother with a bag, just empty and rinse it if needed.

Last edited:
i wish that one had a lid! If it did it would be perfect. Without a lid, it's no use for me. (well, actually, it might be rather good just to store books and games and things.....)
IMG-2331.jpg. Made out of cover of wine crate. If you want higher means you can't swivel anymore.

Last edited:
I gue
We have this from Ikea, which we only bought in Jan but just checked their (UK) website and looks like it’s not available anymore (only in seems to be in 42l size now). Don’t know if that’s the one you were after? It does fit nicely behind the seat and has a lid but doesn’t stay in place when driving so have to stow it somewhere
in the back. Have considered Velcro on the bottom to stow it between the seats, or had been looking at the same bin [mention]kurienp [/mention] mentioned instead. The brown band was my own addition (the ‘soft’ side of Velcro) to stop it scratching against the cabinet.

78823eb12ca5d800551b570054eb6f29.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gue
We have this from Ikea, which we only bought in Jan but just checked their (UK) website and looks like it’s not available anymore (only in seems to be in 42l size now). Don’t know if that’s the one you were after? It does fit nicely behind the seat and has a lid but doesn’t stay in place when driving so have to stow it somewhere
in the back. Have considered Velcro on the bottom to stow it between the seats, or had been looking at the same bin [mention]kurienp [/mention] mentioned instead. The brown band was my own addition (the ‘soft’ side of Velcro) to stop it scratching against the cabinet.

78823eb12ca5d800551b570054eb6f29.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I glued some packing foam on to take up the gap, now stays put.

:Grin... just fix it with some velcro....

and make it bespoke, like as a pitch sign ;-)

252fd4c89abcd880c43c4e516270f22a.jpg

Last edited:
Recycled Ice Cream Tub with bin liner. It has 4 bits of hook Velcro on it so we can stick it to the carpet between the seats when we are snacking on long journeys.

20200429_173001.jpg

20200429_173014.jpg

20200429_173029.jpg

This ticked all the boxes for us - wedges perfectly between the kitchen unit and the passenger seat, and has a lid. I removed the pedal bit and we just use the button. There are some handle type affairs inside so you can fit a bin bag without it sticking out of the top, which looks nice and neat. The B&M where I bought it also had a grey one but it was missing the lid, so I bought the beige colour on the assumption it would look not-quite-right but would have to suffice. It actually looks fine.
IMG_0449.JPG

Last edited:
We use a £1 fold away bag from B and M bargains.

The Addis one in post #19 is £3 in B&M atm in white, black or grey.

Back