Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What pop top and screen colour suits a copper bronze and candy white 6.1 ocean ?

This Eva

This Eva

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Any one bought a rainbow set ( or other make) and think the colour suits their new pride and joy ?

Depending on the colour of your roof canvas - assuming grey - you could try and match that. This wouldn’t then look out of place.
The copper bronze is probably a hard colour to match any standard offering too.
Good luck, show some pics of what you go with eventually!

Hi yes it’s the grey colour. First recommended colour is to match current pop top. I am looking for those lucky people who have started to use their two tone

I have the same colour combi coming and am going back and fore between the grey and the black pop top and screen covers at the moment. The grey does look quite dark when you google it so could be a good option. Will look forward to seeing pics when you get yours.

Any one bought a rainbow set ( or other make) and think the colour suits their new pride and joy ?
I have a White/Bronze Ocean on order and will in due course go for the Rainbow set in Grey.

Hi thanks for sharing your views. Rainbow have recommended keeping it the same colour as the current pop top. Who ever gets the van first please post photos !
This Eva is also candy white and copper bronze

I too will go for either grey or black to match in with the pop canvas plus thinking it would a better insulator & not show the dirt!

I too will go for either grey or black to match in with the pop canvas plus thinking it would a better insulator & not show the dirt!
I think most is us feel the same. Just seen the newly delivered Cali for Neil Goble same colour as mine and noticed the b pillar is black gloss wrapped. Think this is part of the chrome package. Can any other lucky owners confirm this ?

The Gloss Black B Pillar comes with either the Chrome Pack or the Sport Styling Package. It looks very cool. Think you could also get it done as a wrap after collection though. :thumb

Thanks for the confirmation. I liked the long black lines on the side view. also compliments the black awning above it

Hi @This Eva ,
We are looking at the rainbow covers too, currently thinking the maroon one (or that’s the one that Karen (wife) likes!)

Rainbow Screens are excellent quality, had this for over a year, still like new.

9E8FBEA9-CCBF-4ED2-AD95-0A4C9A87E3D5.jpeg

EB0EE521-E355-4E64-A1C1-5F13525A1F78.jpeg

Hi @This Eva ,
We are looking at the rainbow covers too, currently thinking the maroon one (or that’s the one that Karen (wife) likes!)
Pop top cover again .... lots of research later... Have you seen the Brandrup Iso top internal pop top inner tent.

Its a goretex type layer that you fit in place so that it lowers with the roof so is always in place . they now make a Mark v1 (Mk 6) for a full front window version.
ISO-TOP MK VI for the VW T6.1 / T6 California pop-up roof with big front opening

I think I will be going for this. Less is more for the Cali. Hope it takes your mind off your sheared bolt !

Hi @This Eva ,
Hello Matt. Wondered if you bought the rainbow covers. I will after lots of research go the route of getting the isotop mk v| always in place option just a lot of money

Hi @This Eva, we decided on the grey in the end - same as @Californication69 . We only have the windscreen cover at the moment but will get the top cover to match at some point.

IMG_6751.jpg
Really impressed with how easy it fits and rolls up into its own tube bag.. could'nt resist getting the eyes on it lol

Looks great. We are yet to spend a night in Eva have you been out and seen the benefit of the front cover. I am looking at another expensive buy from project camper. Their range of internal insulated front panels look great and I am told do a great job in reducing the condensation

Am I the only one?
I've been California in for quite a few years now, and don't see the need for all these external and internal covers. It just seems like a big faff to me. You have to put them on, take them off, wipe them if they're damp, store them somewhere. When using the supplied window blinds you can get up in the morning open the blinds and look at your surroundings. I don't want to be locked in a black hole. If there's a condensation problem, increase your ventilation, or just using absorbent cloth to wipe and dry.

We've not tried out the windscreen cover yet, but we managed to get out in Gizmo for a few nights last year - was great fun, even though it rained all the time and was really windy!

@SusiBus we've brought these as we plan camp all year and the extra insulation on the single glazed windows and the pop top tent fabric seemed like a good idea.. but also I kinda love the eyes on the van hehe

There’s a champagne colour rainbow screen cover and pop tap wrap on eBay at the moment if anyone is interested.
item no 303922908510

Item 303911641347 for a black rainbow pop top cover too (With a broken clip).
I'm still resisting buying any accessories until they start to build our van :)