Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What is/was your first "California"

What is/was your first "California"

• Total voters
Got our first calli last year......it's 11 years old but we love it.. We're in our late 60's and have had to wait many years.
My wife has 'decorated' the outside with geckos and dolphins and our windscreen cover plus safari room are bright yellow.

Got our first calli last year......it's 11 years old but we love it.. We're in our late 60's and have had to wait many years.
My wife has 'decorated' the outside with geckos and dolphins and our windscreen cover plus safari room are bright yellow.
"geckos and dolphins", oh come on Bob, you must post a photo. :thumb

Hilarious Borris, more cake here too - our first was identical to yours.
Then a 2 seat Beach
Now a 3 seat
Which Beach do you prefer. We have the seven seat option because we transport our little grand monkeys around alot. Absolutely fabulous vehicle that can be used to do almost anything.

Last edited:
C803935C-9471-4AB1-A4D0-64609E6F5DE8.jpeg

Our gorgeous Gloria. Our first! Bought 4 weeks ago and already she’s part of the family!

2019 I finally graduated to a T6 Ocean @48yo, T5 Conversion @40yo, convertible mini plus tent @30yo, but started the journey with two feet and a rucksack @18yo! Tis in the blood!

Which Beach do you prefer. We have the seven seat option because we transport our little grand monkeys around alot. Absolutely fabulous vehicle that can be used to do almost anything.
I prefer the three BUT the two seater bed, flatter and lower, wins.. Despire the rear starage under felxi. I'd like a petition for a three seat wide two seat/Ocean bench and we would be perfectly set up. You?

I prefer the three BUT the two seater bed, flatter and lower, wins.. Despire the rear starage under felxi. I'd like a petition for a three seat wide two seat/Ocean bench and we would be perfectly set up. You?
I prefer the three seater. The seats are more purpose designed for carrying passengers and the Comfort mattress irons out the undulations when in bed mode. The space under the flexi board is much more usable. :thumb It also makes the vehicle more flexible especially with seven seats.

As a child my parents hired T2’s and my love affair started. I camped in tents throughout my 20s, 30s and 40s. When my parents passed I used my inheritance to buy my first Cali a T5.1 SE at age 55, they would have approved. Still loving it 7 years later and now that my husband and I have both retired the van has come in to its own.

I bought a 3 year old 2014 California DSG 4WD to see if my wife would be amenable to a more adventurous holiday, especially having come to the stage where I hated putting our Goldie in kennels while we went away!!IMG_0389.jpg

Thanks ... and she was!!!
Purchased a 2019 Ocean 199 DSG with the desirable options!!

Back