Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

Did a thing with some black heat insulated ducting and £5 of 100mm ducting circle to square. X2
Used a (Like a dermal) to shape the square end to fit into the heater output. Will be used to heat upstairs.
Didn’t want to block the other heater output by drivers chair. This single vent blows upwards.
Circled in red.

26B7A8FD-771A-47FB-BA30-7C93335B1375.jpegEEDA40C6-10BB-4A0C-B378-D4ED1233EA43.jpeg9415AEA5-2AE6-46A0-BBE9-C6E7F1EB4709.jpeg

After my comments before about are you suppose to wash the van. Well I did wash my van today but not polished it that would be going too far and I think I spent more time talking to the neighbours than cleaning it. Yesterday I hovered out the inside, if you can say hover when you use a dyson.

I am slowly getting it ready for a trip on Brittany ferries knowing my luck it will be out on the deck and get covered in sea water!

After my comments before about are you suppose to wash the van. Well I did wash my van today but not polished it that would be going too far and I think I spent more time talking to the neighbours than cleaning it. Yesterday I hovered out the inside, if you can say hover when you use a dyson.

I am slowly getting it ready for a trip on Brittany ferries knowing my luck it will be out on the deck and get covered in sea water!
The main reason I wash mine is to stop stuff growing on it…..particularly in the rubber bits around the roof.

Driven north from the Pyrenees, stopped at Oradour-Sur-Glane for a few reflective hours, then overnight at the Le Mans Aire (de Sarthe Sargé); the latter was without any pesky 2 hour parking warning notices, but excellent food. The Cali has performed superbly, an absolute pleasure. I did have Apple Car Play issues last month, but several hours of firmware updates at VW Hereford have resolved all problems.

Oradour-sur-Glane 2.jpg
Le Mans 2.jpg

Used the California to get us to the start of a brm today.
1f9b319bb5dd8429af7824d14ab526a0.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Eventually unloaded all this stuff and more from the van. We are glad we came to Santander on the ferry last week not now as the sea conditions do not look too good. 2 folding bikes take up quite a lot of space, hope to have enough room for wine on our return journeybikes in van.jpg.

I took the van for a wash. It was really dirty as a result of a trip on the M25 in the rain. Annoying as I had washed it myself a few days before.
van wash.jpgvan wash2.jpg

Is the California ok in a car wash?

I thought the roof / awning could cause problems?
I only do it in this particular one in Spain as it seems wider than UK and the man operates the controls manually. There are aware that the awning sticks out. I also have the additional l awning adaptor on the other side and have had no problem.

The only think to be careful is the wing mirrors, mine are manual and sometimes the operator is expecting them to come in automatically so I watch out that make sure there are put in. I removed the magnetic UK plate before washing as it could be removed by the bushes, the man carefully cleaned it and put it back on for me. All for 6.50 euro. This was the super-duper clean as van was very dirty. He even washed inside the fuel filling area. Basically it is a manual clean in addition to the brush clean, manually operated.

When my car with a tow bar is washed in a car wash I have to remember to remove tow bar cover as that can come off.

Last edited:
This is my local best campsite
You must do the brewery tour of Adnams and go to the Sole Bay pub - they have all the cask beer there as its the tap room for the Brewery.

Next a visit to the Lord Nelson is a favourite.

Finally visit Mrs T’s fish and chips in the harbour for a lovely dinner

Enjoy

This is my local best campsite
You must do the brewery tour of Adnams and go to the Sole Bay pub - they have all the cask beer there as its the tap room for the Brewery.

Next a visit to the Lord Nelson is a favourite.

Finally visit Mrs T’s fish and chips in the harbour for a lovely dinner

Enjoy
Thanks @gvick
Did Mrs T’s last night, lovely fish and chips and a beautiful evening.
Doing the pubs today :)

Drove to Southwold. Expected rain but it’s gorgeous weather. Campsite is in a good location for the harbour on the river Blythe (quite a few seafood places and a pub :) ) and only a short walk to the town or into Walberswick.

View attachment 107513
Sounds Fab..whats the wrap around top top cover you have?

Pop top and windscreen covers both from Pucer screens.

View attachment 107540
What do you think of the Pucer pop top screen, GG? We already have an internal isotop but want something to keep the canvas dry as festival season starts soon and the weather’s looking pretty naff.
Does it really keep the rain off and is it robust and hard wearing?

What do you think of the Pucer pop top screen, GG? We already have an internal isotop but want something to keep the canvas dry as festival season starts soon and the weather’s looking pretty naff.
Does it really keep the rain off and is it robust and hard wearing?
Hi @Elly Swanson
It’s pretty good in my opinion. Definitely keeps the rain off and the van toasty warm. Had ours for a couple of years and used it a fair bit in the winter months with no sign of wear yet. It comes as one piece so it can be a bit of a challenge when it’s windy - best fitted with two people but I have fitted it on my own.
Note, the infill behind the bungee at the back is my own addition. Pucer screens apparently leave a gap for ventilation but I’m not sure about that? I think there’s enough via the two vents in the poptop.
Not used it in very hot conditions but it might also help to keep the poptop cool?

IMG_3925.jpeg

IMG_3923.jpeg

IMG_3922.jpeg

IMG_3924.jpeg

Hi @Elly Swanson
It’s pretty good in my opinion. Definitely keeps the rain off and the van toasty warm. Had ours for a couple of years and used it a fair bit in the winter months with no sign of wear yet. It comes as one piece so it can be a bit of a challenge when it’s windy - best fitted with two people but I have fitted it on my own.
Note, the infill behind the bungee at the back is my own addition. Pucer screens apparently leave a gap for ventilation but I’m not sure about that? I think there’s enough via the two vents in the poptop.
Not used it in very hot conditions but it might also help to keep the poptop cool?

View attachment 107587

View attachment 107588

View attachment 107589

View attachment 107590
Thats really useful...what sort of size does it pack down to?

Back