Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

These a re missing:

Ha ha next on the list.

Due to collect our ocean this week. Bought a ridge monkey, outwell fall crest and hill crest panels, porta potty 335, awning tie down straps, steel peg hammer, 2 x campingaz 907 bottles, 25 Mt hook up cable. Looking forward to our first trip.
Liking your shopping list - the essentials! For your Gaz bottles, just make sure a gas shut off valve attachment (90deg type) comes with the van. One we hired as a new van 2 years ago didn’t, and we had to quickly scrat around to get one.

Enjoy your trip !!

Ha ha next on the list.
These stack nicely

Set of Roltex Unbreakable Reusable Polycarbonate Plastic Stacking Wine Glasses (220ml to rim Height 10.6cm, Max Diameter 7.6cm) Realistic Alternative to Glass​

31oAQTUZ6oS._AC_.jpg

I bought these spring clamps for a DIY job 2 years ago, and since then they’ve always been with us on camping trips. SO useful - especially in the awning. We bought a second set this year and they all get used, from lamps to super strong clothes pegs. You can buy cheaper on Amazon, but all I can say is that this brand has legs from our experience.

26C8D579-225C-47D3-942E-424DAD9AFD84.png

334DDABB-2064-4958-B911-BBED22BEBEF5.jpeg

Hi I tried to limit myself to a few key items before van arrival (S2S mattress, outwell fallcrest, ridge monkey, kettle) but as it’s getting nearer I can’t resist adding to the underbed van stash! Just ordered these cushion/blankets (from reviews it seems all the buyers are campervan owners) and some lovely melamine stuff from Rice dk.

Thanks for the tips everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Few weeks a go we went out for 2 weeks and took some learnings from that, resulting in the following recent buys:

- Trailer, modested sized that we will use as a garage and to bring more stuff with us. Today we use a 2second pop-up tent but we find it a hassle to pack/clean when we move-on to another spot again.
- Awening, found a good second hand -> https://www.obelink.nl/obelink-paradise-vk-bustent.html
- Backdoor slide-out storage drawer (we already where using the euro boxes)- from gruenthal-mobilecamping.de (800mm edition)
- Extra drawer for back seat -> https://vwcampershop.nl/top-volgens-rob/extra-banklade/
- Storage box between kitchen and driver seat -> https://vwcampershop.nl/top-volgens-rob/prullenbakje/
- New cold water tap - previous owner mounted an outdoor hose instead, which is super inconvienient (two knobs to push to tap water, on tap itself + on the hose)

Things under investigation, but mentally already took ownership on :)
- Winnerwell Nomad View stove (for heat, outdoor cooking, baking, campfire)
- Dutch oven
- De Buyer steelpan

Hi I tried to limit myself to a few key items before van arrival (S2S mattress, outwell fallcrest, ridge monkey, kettle) but as it’s getting nearer I can’t resist adding to the underbed van stash! Just ordered these cushion/blankets (from reviews it seems all the buyers are campervan owners) and some lovely melamine stuff from Rice dk.

Thanks for the tips everyone!

After seeing your post i just bought 3. They look great. Thanks.

Few weeks a go we went out for 2 weeks and took some learnings from that, resulting in the following recent buys:

- Trailer, modested sized that we will use as a garage and to bring more stuff with us. Today we use a 2second pop-up tent but we find it a hassle to pack/clean when we move-on to another spot again.
- Awening, found a good second hand -> https://www.obelink.nl/obelink-paradise-vk-bustent.html
- Backdoor slide-out storage drawer (we already where using the euro boxes)- from gruenthal-mobilecamping.de (800mm edition)
- Extra drawer for back seat -> https://vwcampershop.nl/top-volgens-rob/extra-banklade/
- Storage box between kitchen and driver seat -> https://vwcampershop.nl/top-volgens-rob/prullenbakje/
- New cold water tap - previous owner mounted an outdoor hose instead, which is super inconvienient (two knobs to push to tap water, on tap itself + on the hose)

Things under investigation, but mentally already took ownership on :)
- Winnerwell Nomad View stove (for heat, outdoor cooking, baking, campfire)
- Dutch oven
- De Buyer steelpan

Hi, does the extra drawer for the rear seat come with all the runners and fixings?

Silly newbie question but what kitchen utensils have people bought? Do normal size ones fit in the drawer?

Silly newbie question but what kitchen utensils have people bought? Do normal size ones fit in the drawer?

Yes, but just one smallish tray for everything (unless you give up another space somewhere else) so go easy! We just put in spares from our kitchen when we got the van (18 months ago) and haven't actually bought very much extra - just a couple of small silicone stirrers and a mini grater.

Grey Silicone tools, all from John Lewis/ Waitrose I think, and all small size : scraper, stirrer, spatula, serving spoon, tongs (with lock on). Plus, bamboo mini chopping board, small whisk, 2 small kitchen knives, beer handle, and of course a wine bottle opener. We regularly rethink what we carry and take out stuff not being used - such as a ladle (too big) and grater (never used). It’s all got to earn a ride.

7DCF6F16-C312-4748-9FFA-AAD85612F608.jpeg

0F7803CB-B2CD-4719-9AED-32CC488D2EF6.jpeg

+ also the net in the pop-up top:

These are just a few -for us- useful items that we bought; After all, I had a 20-month waiting period and was able to look up and buy a lot :D
The extra drawer for under the back seat (https://vwcampershop.nl/top-volgens-rob/extra-banklade/) that one I also considered but didn't choose this one when ordering our coast because I probably prefer the longer space over the narrow drawer. I have yet to experience this as we have only had our cali for a few weeks. So, ordering this can still happen.

Bought a cobb grill. The misses said - why do you need another BBQ as you have 4 already. To which I replied - don’t think of it as BBQ think of it as a portable oven. The result being I’ve committed to cooking a tandoori on Saturday and roast beef, roast spuds, yorkshires etc in Sunday whilst camping. Should be fun. I say I bought a cobb, which I did, and was clear on the price for that but didn’t go into details on the price of accessories. Ended up buying pretty much every accessory they do (chopping board, griddle, fry pan, wok, BBQ grill, roast rack, dome extension, cooking utensils and rotisserie). I’m a keen cook so will get plenty of use out of them.

How did the food turn out - any pics of the Tandoori?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi, does the extra drawer for the rear seat come with all the runners and fixings?

Mine is an aftermarket storage 'drawer', not a VW original.
No need screw/drill. The one I bought should slide in fit. Going to "install" it this weekend.

How did the food turn out - any pics of the Tandoori?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It was superb. Alas I don’t have any pics of the food just the cob with the lid on next to the van, which doesn’t help much.

Back