Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Todays delivery was,

Vango Tolga Drive Away Awning
Vango Carpet
Vango Groundsheet

California side step carpets
Brandrup Boot Carpet

Kampa Drive Away Kit

Just Purchased VW's own Carpet for the GC and after having the Brandrup carpet in the T6, have to say the VW quality is superior. Much nicer in every way but particularly the malting dust from the Brandrup. so if you have an option on carpet VW or Brandrup go for VW.

Just Purchased VW's own Carpet for the GC and after having the Brandrup carpet in the T6, have to say the VW quality is superior. Much nicer in every way but particularly the malting dust from the Brandrup. so if you have an option on carpet VW or Brandrup go for VW.
Dont Brandrup make the carpets for VW??

Dont Brandrup make the carpets for VW??
Apparently not for the GC as made in the UK. Great quality really surprised, chalk and cheese. Wondering if they will start manufacturing for the other California’s

Just ordered, customer service said it's brand new: "The item is currently being produced here in our factory in the UK and will be available in a few days". I will post photos once fitted
Any reason why some of the Inka covers mention T6.1 and others just T5 / T6 ? Any major difference between the fitments on the 6.1 ?

Just ordered, customer service said it's brand new: "The item is currently being produced here in our factory in the UK and will be available in a few days". I will post photos once fitted
Have you seen a photo of them fitted, or just the close up image on the link?

Have you seen a photo of them fitted, or just the close up image on the link?
Just the close up but I've been talking with customer care about fitting and design. Short answer is "smooth Tan leatherette with cloth centres and embroidery as per image". They look/fit like this (but with leather instead of fabric on the outside).

Leather or Leatherette ( posh word for vinyl) ?

That's some rough ass installation work.
Might be worth buying some cable clips and dressing the cables.

I know .. I know ... will get down to is some day. I do have a 12in drill bit. Best would be to take it through the wall and hide the wires. This is a temp installation. Need to clean that up.

I’m feeling sorry for kurienp, proud of their new power point. I bet they wish they hadn’t posted their photo now.

:D I took the pic from a distance ... as I know then I would've gotten comments on gauge of the wire used. The one on the lightbulb is thicker than the once used for the plug. LOL!

PS: for peace of mind they are fused correctly and all correctly load rated. It is OTT for the light bulb ... but used what was available :thumb

And a bit of downpipe for the gutter!

There is a blueberry bush down there. ;)

I know .. I know ... will get down to is some day. I do have a 12in drill bit. Best would be to take it through the wall and hide the wires. This is a temp installation. Need to clean that up.

:D I took the pic from a distance ... as I know then I would've gotten comments on gauge of the wire used. The one on the lightbulb is thicker than the once used for the plug. LOL!

PS: for peace of mind they are fused correctly and all correctly load rated. It is OTT for the light bulb ... but used what was available :thumb

There is a blueberry bush down there. ;)
I love this.
Someone posts a picture of something they’re proud of doing and the whole wall, roof, plug, light, guttering, etc. gets torn to shreds. All taken in great spirit. Well done. I’ve decided no pics from me in future. ;):thumb

I love this.
Someone posts a picture of something they’re proud of doing and the whole wall, roof, plug, light, guttering, etc. gets torn to shreds. All taken in great spirit. Well done. I’ve decided no pics from me in future. ;):thumb
Agree with your comment. I got fed up a few months ago with how people were occasionally being shot down on this forum. I've been in 'read-only mode' as much as possible since then. I expect someone will criticise me for that!

I love this.
I think the majority of people wouldn't notice all those things and would just think it was a useful thing to do. I certainly did - I'll just have my EHU coming out from under the garage door!

Agree with your comment. I got fed up a few months ago with how people were occasionally being shot down on this forum. I've been in 'read-only mode' as much as possible since then. I expect someone will criticise me for that!
Gotta be honest some of the negativity was making me think twice. But the forum is so useful as well. Put it down to the times we live in. All be happy and smiling soon hopefully. :thumb

Any reason why some of the Inka covers mention T6.1 and others just T5 / T6 ? Any major difference between the fitments on the 6.1 ?
The Isofix fitting is in a different place on the 6.1

Thankfully @kurienp is no snowflake and took
It quite well.
Even returned well with his eco friendly downpipe design ;)
..that’s not really the point though is it!
Thankfully, the OP took it well but we can see from the comments that some people find it very off putting (rightly in my view) and it makes them reluctant to post. I know there is a view from some members that the kind of “know it all behaviour“ and picky comments we sometimes get on forums is all part and parcel of joining an online conversation but ... sigh .. my eyes are rolling.

Back