Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

It’s a song.

And I have just bagged post #1000 in this thread.
Did you know it was originally going to be called "Is this the way to Pensacola"? And if it hadn't changed there might be a Pensacola on this forum now! :D

Bed still not quite comfortable for me so have bought this Zempire Camplite double self inflating mattress which should fit on bottom or top bed at 105 cm across.
Plan is:
VW 'Comfort' mattress
Air mattress
Topper (Dorma full forever 3/4 size)

Trial tomorrow night! The mattress seems as though it folds down quite small.

View attachment 46473
Hi Gillian - we're just trialling an air mattress, actually beneath the existing VW mattress (2010 version - not a "comfort" mattress). We're planning on leaving it in situ when lowering the roof, after releasing the valve on the air mattress (I know they're self inflating but I don't think that will be a problem as long as we lower the roof quickly). We haven't tried it yet - we'll be careful!

I've found it to be a great improvement - not having to turn over every 10 minutes to relieve discomfort where my hips hit the mattress :)

Just wondered how you were doing with it?

Ian

Did you know it was originally going to be called "Is this the way to Pensacola"? And if it hadn't changed there might be a Pensacola on this forum now! :D
Oh, and if they'd had sat navs then he wouldn't have had to ask the question!

Fenix cl23 night core light, it's several brightness settings, red light on and flashing, and torch from underneath. Nice ambiant light for outside and compact.
c60017f2a22cac1b58dd20e0fdf423fc.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Kenwood DNX8170DABS with the CAN interface and the lot.
Apple car play, android auto, Bluetooth and perfect sound. It has all the bells and whistles. So happy :bananadance2
Keeping the RDS-310 ready for when we happen to visit a active volcano with our Cali someday.

Hi Gillian - we're just trialling an air mattress, actually beneath the existing VW mattress (2010 version - not a "comfort" mattress). We're planning on leaving it in situ when lowering the roof, after releasing the valve on the air mattress (I know they're self inflating but I don't think that will be a problem as long as we lower the roof quickly). We haven't tried it yet - we'll be careful!

I've found it to be a great improvement - not having to turn over every 10 minutes to relieve discomfort where my hips hit the mattress :)

Just wondered how you were doing with it?

Ian

Hi Ian

I slept on it for the night on Friday and it was a huge improvement! Agree with what you say about not having to turn over so often and no bad back in the morning!!!

I thought that squishing the air out in the morning would be a hassle but it really didn't take long and I didn't bother trying to roll it up but just folded it and put it under the rest of the bedding in the back.

Let me know how you get on storing it in the roof. In the reviews of the one I bought someone had done just that with his camper but I think he slept upstairs and didn't say if it was a Cali.

I actually wonder if it might be better to ditch the 'Comfort' mattress and get a much thicker SIM with a topper on?

Gillian

On our way back from this weekend in Holland we stopped here:
70.000square meter of campingshop and outdoorstuff....
Got me 5pack Bjorn Borg boxershorts .....
After so many trips i got what i need and most stuff i see in those centers are useless for Cali-camping

Good afternoon,

We got a few days back the "2 Section Bunk Ladder".

Getting up to the top bed we always ended up to stand on the seats, which I try to avoid because of the seat heating. I did some search, but the one in the shop here was the best (even though it is a wee bit expensive).

Now it found its place in it's bag (which looks like a rifle bag) behind the back seats. We are quite pleased with the ladder.

Regards,
Eberhard

View attachment 46559
Kenwood DNX8170DABS with the CAN interface and the lot.
Apple car play, android auto, Bluetooth and perfect sound. It has all the bells and whistles. So happy :bananadance2
Keeping the RDS-310 ready for when we happen to visit a active volcano with our Cali someday.
Hubby was looking at the Kenwood in the local showroom whilst waiting for our van to have its mot. If he changed over systems he was looking at rear camera option.

This week's purchase was a 2 man pop up tent for all the kiddie gear. Made a massive difference to the setting/ packing up times. £20 from Millets. Dont really want to pack away an awning and this folds up easily.

Presume they changed it because Pensacola doesn’t rhyme with willow?

Hi Ian

I slept on it for the night on Friday and it was a huge improvement! Agree with what you say about not having to turn over so often and no bad back in the morning!!!

I thought that squishing the air out in the morning would be a hassle but it really didn't take long and I didn't bother trying to roll it up but just folded it and put it under the rest of the bedding in the back.

Let me know how you get on storing it in the roof. In the reviews of the one I bought someone had done just that with his camper but I think he slept upstairs and didn't say if it was a Cali.

I actually wonder if it might be better to ditch the 'Comfort' mattress and get a much thicker SIM with a topper on?

Gillian
Well I undid the valve and gingerly lowered the roof with the mattress in situ - it closed without issue. I still feel a bit nervous about leaving it there permanently though!

I agree about ditching the VW mattress - if one doesn’t exist, wouldn’t there be a market for it? A fitted air mattress on its own, that could be left in situ, with a neat electric pump that would run off the leisure batteries. Ok it would be a bit of a faff to inflate/ deflate, but I’m thinking you could have quite a thickness and be wonderfully comfortable! And while we’re at it, there could be one tailored for the downstairs too! There’d be room for a splendid topper that could be left upstairs as well!

Just picked my Cali up from Liverpool VW van centre, had cruise control fitted.
10% discount as I’m now a forum VIP member!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This week's purchase was a 2 man pop up tent for all the kiddie gear. Made a massive difference to the setting/ packing up times. £20 from Millets. Dont really want to pack away an awning and this folds up easily.
View attachment 46601View attachment 46602

We use a similar idea. A two person tent that is quick to put up and folds down really small. I use it like a wardrobe when we need space in the Cali.

Not purchased yet, but I saw these and they look great value. I had a measure and will fit on the rear Ocean shelf, as well as the bike rack.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B072ZHX3FN/?tag=eliteelect-21
View attachment 46817
For that price, if it is just for the rear shelf, you may as well have a custom made bag.
https://www.bagsandcoversdirect.co....ure-Storage-Bags-with-a-Zip-and-Carry-Handles
A storage bag for a Brandrup Beach mattress (1500 x 500 x 300mm [225 litre]), with zip and carry handles, is £44.78.

We use a similar idea. A two person tent that is quick to put up and folds down really small. I use it like a wardrobe when we need space in the Cali.
It made trip No 5 a lot better. Gave us loads of room in the Cali

Usb fan picked up from amazon locker on IL de Rae today.... hopefully it will keep the air movement going to try stay cool!
a45b57713d532355c01715d11ea3079a.jpg

Usb fan picked up from amazon locker on IL de Rae today.... hopefully it will keep the air movement going to try stay cool!
a45b57713d532355c01715d11ea3079a.jpg

Almost had my attention until I spotted the word Amazon. Complete parasite of a company.
Totally refuse to shop with them.

Back