Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Just received a single panel Solar kit from Roger. We have chosen the charger to enable leisure and starter charging and also to be able to fit a second panel if required.
Very well packaged so good start.

View attachment 59915
Snap! Mine arrived this afternoon too, but I won't be able to start work on it until after the weekend.

Snap! Mine arrived this afternoon too, but I won't be able to start work on it until after the weekend.

And mine has just arrived too! :) Roger has been busy, he said it felt like most the Cali owners were buying up solar panels this weekend just gone.

@Vagophile and @Mr T have you chosen the same charger and single panel or two?
I have the remote display and plan to install in the 'C' pilar trim.

Dunelm storage Cube.
Perfect for hiding the Porta Potti and provides a useful footstool at the same time. Then collapses to a flat pack to store in the under seat draw. Brilliant value at £12 reduced to £10. Dunelm stores now open to shoppers. View attachment 59916View attachment 59917
Which size Porta Potti is this?
We want to do something similar but are not certain if our loo is small enough to fit in one of these.

Which size Porta Potti is this?
We want to do something similar but are not certain if our loo is small enough to fit in one of these.
It is the 335 Qube, the one that fits in the under sink cupboard and also under the rear shelf.

Bits and bobs to change pads & discs.
Going to practice on the other car tomorrow before risking it with the cali.
IMG_20200527_171632.jpg

Hi Sunshine and snow
The foam block hold the top of the bag secure against the retractable blind edge ( the part you use to pull it down) the bags are a sinch to fit.

Hi Pefectos! Thanks for your reply. So are you supposed to leave the blocks velcrod on the whole time so it stays in place? I thought there would be something that mounted on the van to catch it as they were slotted in.

Does it no longer fit if you loose one of the foam blocks?

Thanks.

Bits and bobs to change pads & discs.
Going to practice on the other car tomorrow before risking it with the cali.
View attachment 59920
Axle stands look rather large. I wouldn't jack it up that far in the air.

I used smaller stands under the rear arms but also kept the jack in place. i.e one side at a time.

Never thought this day would come.
But unfortunately it has...:sad
View attachment 59760
Snap!
i had a bog in a bag (never used) but decided to go ‘posh’ so now ready with loo tent and shower set up....and porta potty ! I might have a practice in the garden....I had no intention to wild camp before this! Now I’ll be making an oilcloth cover for the porta potti.....I have oilcloth left from making covers for the sink, tables, etc...matching my curtains (ok, I’m not a Cali owner!)

Axle stands look rather large. I wouldn't jack it up that far in the air.

I used smaller stands under the rear arms but also kept the jack in place. i.e one side at a time.
Thanks, originally I had intended just to use the jack a but apparently that's a no-no.
The min height is quoted as 265mm which seemed fairly std. Do you know what height yours are?

Snap!
i had a bog in a bag (never used) but decided to go ‘posh’ so now ready with loo tent and shower set up....and porta potty ! I might have a practice in the garden....I had no intention to wild camp before this! Now I’ll be making an oilcloth cover for the porta potti.....I have oilcloth left from making covers for the sink, tables, etc...matching my curtains (ok, I’m not a Cali owner!)
Hi, would you care sharing some pics of your oilcloth work? How do do sew it, it must be pretty hard for a sewing machine..

Thanks, originally I had intended just to use the jack a but apparently that's a no-no.
The min height is quoted as 265mm which seemed fairly std. Do you know what height yours are?

I think it must be an optical illusion. Just measured my low ones (i.e not the ones for the Landrover) and they are 280mm.

Big no no to work under a jack.

Both, however, are okay. Hence I did one side at a time. Not many locations for axle stands under the Cali. I'm 99% sure I used the suspension arms but didn't fully load the axle stand. Enough to take some weight and compress the suspension a little but not the whole weight of the rear quarter. Plus my jack is 3t so oversized for the job.

Hi Pefectos! Thanks for your reply. So are you supposed to leave the blocks velcrod on the whole time so it stays in place? I thought there would be something that mounted on the van to catch it as they were slotted in.

Does it no longer fit if you loose one of the foam blocks?

Thanks.
The foam blocks are required to create an interference fit with the blind ( rigid frame used to pull the blind down)
Leave th3 block on simply slide the top ( with the blocks attached) into the window void slide up slightly and push the bottom of the bag into the window recess, he6 presto, secure bag and extra storage, simples !
I believe their are some Vids on you tube et at al.
Go give it a go , when the bags are empty, post if you need help (I doubt you will) :cheers

Some treats for the
I brought the same recently but went for black insert on the bumper protector and the grey cap for the mirror knob. My cap would not stick properly so gave up on that, but really pleased with the bumper protector
apply a bit of bodywork trim tape
(Foam double sided tape,) the supplied tape is not fit for purpose
I have the Grey one, they look neat when fitted

Last edited:
Back