Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

I paid a visit to Roger Donoghue on Friday and he fitted 200w solar panels and a controller to my van. All fitted and done in no time at all. The batteries will now be in a much better state and I'll have enough capacity for all my needs. (I hope you made it to the cricket through the traffic!)

I paid a visit to Roger Donoghue on Friday and he fitted 200w solar panels and a controller to my van. All fitted and done in no time at all. The batteries will now be in a much better state and I'll have enough capacity for all my needs. (I hope you made it to the cricket through the traffic!)
New mats.

IMG_4339.jpeg

Snow Peak large fire pit BBQ set.
Been admiring these for some time and always thought they were too expensive.
Had another look yesterday and saw that Matches Fashion (quite bizarre that a high end fashion retailer sells them), had them for £207 inc delivery. Still expensive but almost £100 cheaper than anywhere else I found!

It’s just been delivered and it’s a great piece of kit!

View attachment 109271

Having been looking at a Snowpeak BBQ and firepit for a while I took the plunge last week when I saw them on sale for £100 less than RRP. I was a little suspicious initially at the price but saw that another poster above bought one so made a purchase. It arrived today and is a great piece of kit and very well made.

IMG_9286.jpeg

Last edited:
Not going to get many likes on this, but the thing about BBQ's, for me, is they only look hygienic until first use, thereafter they look and smell like a repository of bacteria.

The only ones I ever liked are the one-hit disposables.

Not going to get many likes on this, but the thing about BBQ's, for me, is they only look hygienic until first use, thereafter they look and smell like a repository of bacteria.

Don’t disagree on your observations of BBQ’s but those one use disposables should be banned. They aren’t good for the environment and so many people just discard them when used instead of disposing of them properly.

I bought one of these in 2012 and i'm still using it. It comes with a fireproof bag. I bought mine from Amazon, but they don't seem to list them anymore. You can get one from ebay though. Once you have finished cooking, you can fold it up whilst its still hot and it acts as a nice warmer instead of a fire put.

Bought this a while back and tried it out last weekend. It was great and folds super flat.
The bad news (for me) is that it’s now quite a bit cheaper than I paid!

884e4c52d4e1ae55a88a7955302f4667.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don’t disagree on your observations of BBQ’s but those one use disposables should be banned.
All the big supermarkets withdrew them from sale last summer because of the fire risk in the drought. Quite a lot of areas have changed local bye-laws to ban them from beaches.

I don't recall seeing any for sale this year yet.

If you’re concerned over bugs on reusable BBQs - assuming you’ve washed the food contact grid, what about trusting the manufacturing process and materials used on disposable ones? They’re made for peanuts, so the controls will be none existent. However, 250degC heat is a good sterilising process ;)

All the big supermarkets withdrew them from sale last summer because of the fire risk in the drought. Quite a lot of areas have changed local bye-laws to ban them from beaches.

I don't recall seeing any for sale this year yet.
Sadly we are still seeing some left on local beaches particularly around bank holidays. Whether they are ones folk have left over from last year or they have managed to find a supply we don’t know. Sincerely hope they are withdrawn from sale and local bye-laws are banning them, will check our bye-laws.

Sadly we are still seeing some left on local beaches particularly around bank holidays. Whether they are ones folk have left over from last year or they have managed to find a supply we don’t know. Sincerely hope they are withdrawn from sale and local bye-laws are banning them, will check our bye-laws.
To be fair, it's not the disposable barbecue that is the problem but the idiots who use them improperly. I've seen users of Non-disposable barbecues dig a hole and dump the red hot contents in it on beaches and elsewhere.
You can't legislate for idiots.
Down under all the beaches and beauty spots have gas barbecues for use, all free or a very small nominal charge. No Charcoal barbecues allowed .

I’ve got the fennek bbq

Is the fire pit + the bbq.
It’s all stainless still and it can be put in the dish washer…so it’s super easy to clean.
When you are not using it is small..it uses the space of a laptop…but it weights like 6kg or more

F2661911-2654-44F2-BC51-FEF45AAD5BE7.png

I had the Brandrup water filler set with hose and hanger which was expensive and in my opinion not very good. The plastic foldable carrier split after only a year of gentle use. So with the help of this lovely boutique piece of kit I can invest in a better water carrier and get all the water in the van not over my feet! I can’t quite remember where I first saw it, facebook maybe? Thanks to Paul and Chrissy for their great product and speedy delivery
View attachment 109061
Had to get one of these after I read your post; even if they don’t ship outside the UK. Best solution I found on this forum; thank you for that!
1686242712576.png
(I know, Cali needs a good washing)

I’ve got the fennek bbq

Is the fire pit + the bbq.
It’s all stainless still and it can be put in the dish washer…so it’s super easy to clean.
When you are not using it is small..it uses the space of a laptop…but it weights like 6kg or more

View attachment 109550
I take back my #6280 post above for this BBQ that can go into a dishwasher, and it also looks smart.

I have come across too many bad smelling BBQ’s, between use, to agree with @TheDoc above (even if he is a real one!) but a dishwasher compatible unit beats my previous disposable preference hands down.

I take back my #6280 post above for this BBQ that can go into a dishwasher, and it also looks smart.

I have come across too many bad smelling BBQ’s, between use, to agree with @TheDoc above (even if he is a real one!) but a dishwasher compatible unit beats my previous disposable preference hands down.

@Yosoyjollyvan, I can’t find that exact model so far (I see you are in Spain), can you give the exact model name and/or number?

@Yosoyjollyvan, I can’t find that exact model so far (I see you are in Spain), can you give the exact model name and/or number?
sure !!

You have different setups but the one that I’ve show is this one !

sure !!

You have different setups but the one that I’ve show is this one !

I cannot Edit my comment…yes I’m from Spain so I do not know how shipping works now with the brexit..maybe check eBay?

In my case I bought them from Amazon and separately not the combo. The fire pit from one side and the grill from the other…it was cheaper that way and shipping was free because of Amazon

To be fair, it's not the disposable barbecue that is the problem but the idiots who use them improperly. I've seen users of Non-disposable barbecues dig a hole and dump the red hot contents in it on beaches and elsewhere.
You can't legislate for idiots.
Down under all the beaches and beauty spots have gas barbecues for use, all free or a very small nominal charge. No Charcoal barbecues allowed .

Greenwich Council have been putting up signs in all their parks (not Greenwich Park as that is a royal park), saying “No BBQ’s” [sic].

It leaves me wondering where people who live in flats, and have no access to a private outdoor area can enjoy a BBQ with friends.

In north London, I have seen parks with dedicated BBQ areas. What a simple idea.

Greenwich Council have been putting up signs in all their parks (not Greenwich Park as that is a royal park), saying “No BBQ’s” [sic].

It leaves me wondering where people who live in flats, and have no access to a private outdoor area can enjoy a BBQ with friends.

In north London, I have seen parks with dedicated BBQ areas. What a simple idea.
Agree. There are basically 2 problems with Disposable Barbecues . People using them placing them directly on grass, thus burning the grass, and disposing of them .

It wouldn't be too difficult building small plinths, even a flagstone , for use for Disposable Barbecues , and educating people to use them and eventually fining them for not using them. Also providing a proper disposal point to place the whole barbecue in, even when hot, a fire-proof container, or , as mentioned, gas powered barbecues with a card/app gas meter in parks etc:.

Back