Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Picture attached of 1st leisure battery under LH seat. I haven’t checked the second leisure under the wardrobe, but the engine battery is identical.

View attachment 98470
All 3 batteries are AGM. They have the same specifications but different uses, so I don't know if there are any manufacturing differences.

Varta F21 - Starter

Varta LA80 for Leisure

That wouldn’t work out well for me.

“Love just pop out get me some milk”

“Darling I’ve no time I’m late”

“Pleeeeeeease!”

CRUNCH
It has crossed my mind far too many times. I think I might have to put something bright on it to make sure I don't run into it in the dark.

Replaced an awkwardly big hinge top bin for a pop-up top type from IKEA., and holding it in place via a 3M Command Strip hook. Passenger seat can now move back further and turn easier. Brogrund £17.

95F13D1F-7784-475D-9134-5CF4B5070E1D.jpeg

Also got a hanging pocket thingy from IKEA that hangs ok from headrests. Nordana £22. Going to use it for toiletries, flip flops and the like.

ADF77F42-E1FE-4E2C-982F-E895B910DA5C.jpeg

Replaced an awkwardly big hinge top bin for a pop-up top type from IKEA., and holding it in place via a 3M Command Strip hook. Passenger seat can now move back further and turn easier. Brogrund £17.

View attachment 98937

EDIT: 3M Command Strips are not sticking well to the end of the cabinet for some reason. Trying again, but we might be going back to a non slip mat.

View attachment 98937

Also got a hanging pocket thingy from IKEA that hangs ok from headrests. Nordana £22. Going to use it for toiletries, flip flops and the like.

View attachment 98938
Ohh I have that bin, like the hook idea!

Ohh I have that bin, like the hook idea!
I can happily report that on the second attempt, the Command Strip hook is firm. Even though we hadn‘t applied any polish etc to the kitchen cabinet, I did a thorough degrease (Glue-gone) plus a wash with Fairy Liquid. After drying, and fixing the hook, we left it 24 hours before touching it, and it now feels firmly attached.
I also put a few furniture felt pads on the back to prevent any vibration noise; 2 round 5mm discs on the posts supplied, and a 20mm square pad on the rear hinge bracket. A bit nerdy I know, but we hate rattles! The previous bin drummed against the cabinet unless it was wedged in place. Happier with this solution. :thumb

I can happily report that on the second attempt, the Command Strip hook is firm. Even though we hadn‘t applied any polish etc to the kitchen cabinet, I did a thorough degrease (Glue-gone) plus a wash with Fairy Liquid. After drying, and fixing the hook, we left it 24 hours before touching it, and it now feels firmly attached.
I also put a few furniture felt pads on the back to prevent any vibration noise; 2 round 5mm discs on the posts supplied, and a 20mm square pad on the rear hinge bracket. A bit nerdy I know, but we hate rattles! The previous bin drummed against the cabinet unless it was wedged in place. Happier with this solution. :thumb
Thank you, the furniture pads sound like a good idea. The rattles can be annoying!

A little bin I spotted in Dunelm - seems a perfect fit and allows passenger seat to be turned so fingers crossed it won’t rattle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A little bin I spotted in Dunelm - seems a perfect fit and allows passenger seat to be turned so fingers crossed it won’t rattle!

We have been using a similar hinge top plastic bin until our last trip (bought at a camping shop). We found the depth of the bin okay‘ish for the front seat to turn, but when turned 45deg or so, opening and accessing the bin becomes the issue. The IKEA bin recently purchased with a pop-up lid means you don’t need to hold the bin open for the tea bags etc being dropped in.

B7E23B0E-810F-40C7-A833-DBDF1F663442.jpeg

67341E6E-C4F6-4FDB-AB02-9DF541BFB556.jpeg

View attachment 98937

View attachment 98938
I was looking at the same hanging storage today. Undecided on this one or the shoe storage from IKEA. Thanks for sharing.

All 3 batteries are AGM. They have the same specifications but different uses, so I don't know if there are any manufacturing differences.

Varta F21 - Starter

Varta LA80 for Leisure
OK, now I have to carefully check the actual type numbers to see if WG’s clarifications above are correct!

2 empty 907’s and a full 904 for £40
2x empty 15kg for £10 from scrap yard.
Traded them in for two new full 15kg for £77
And the connectors from LPG trading on the Bay of e.

2 empty 907’s and a full 904 for £40
2x empty 15kg for £10 from scrap yard.
Traded them in for two new full 15kg for £77
And the connectors from LPG trading on the Bay of e.
Thats a lot of gas, what are you intending to use the 15kg butane ones with.

Thats a lot of gas, what are you intending to use the 15kg butane ones with.
Wrongs answer only:
I heard there was a need to keep my mom warm over winter.
Or
I’m going to the burning man.
;)
But seriously. I shall fill my two empty 907’s and I also have a fire pit to warm marshmallows and create smoores. I reckon I’ll have enough gas there for at least 5 years. To weather the storm.
I think I’m a bit of a prepper!

Outwell Hillcrest and Fallcrest tarp set

Ordered these from Outwell this morning as received a ‘back in stock’ email

90b438a6a0b3c48c504365c20320ec74.jpg

699176866a91f1d45bcfe3b0f4ecceff.jpg

Back