Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Marvel mats custom fitted yesterday. Currently 20% off at Dunelm. Two 150cm x 50cm mats cut down to fit the Beach perfectly. Just enough left over for a mat between the seats. When making the bed, simply put one mat on top of the other. Being striped, the join is virtually invisible :)

View attachment 94044
Looks nice! What colour is it…. natural?

Posted this in another thread, but thought I'd stick it in here as well as this thread has been going strong for ages.

With too many devices to charge between us when not on hook up, I've just got this. Should be capable of charing phones over 20 times, so between me and the other half it should last over a week on a single charge. Will do some testing to confirm (including charging my works laptop :) )

Power Brick.jpg

Hadn’t heard of these before last night when it cropped up on Facebook. Interesting concept and different to the usual travel guides. Have bought the Liverpool one for Kindle.

All sorts of different places, including some in different parts of the world. If you like that sort of thing, you can connect via social media and collect points to get free books and posts to their blogs and socials. You can preview them on Amazon’s “Look Inside”.

111 PLACES
GUIDEBOOKS FOR LOCALS & EXPERIENCED TRAVELERS
Find fascinating spots and surprising stories far off the beaten path - you'll be seeing your city as never before.
If you're an experienced traveler, you'll feel like a local from the moment you arrive.
111 Places Insiders' Guides take you on a journey of discovery!

I’ve been waiting for this Anker power station (20ah) to be on offer, so when it came up on Amazon, I grabbed it. Pretty happy with it so far. The unit is really robust and compact. I am currently testing it from full charge with my Indel B fridge, which draws about 30W. My estimate is that it will keep it going for about 21 hours, which would be great :)
Will update once this test is complete if anyone is interested..

A8C32CD2-7A83-401E-A2EC-6C43184D7376.jpeg

32F6F460-A466-4AB1-8EAB-F518A135ADCC.jpeg

I’ve been waiting for this Anker power station (20ah) to be on offer, so when it came up on Amazon, I grabbed it. Pretty happy with it so far. The unit is really robust and compact. I am currently testing it from full charge with my Indel B fridge, which draws about 30W. My estimate is that it will keep it going for about 21 hours, which would be great :)

View attachment 94204

View attachment 94205
We both got it on offer then…..nice!

Just done a full 12 hour day of work (mostly Teams meetings) on the laptop as a test. Started with the laptop at 10%. Worked a treat but not much juice left in the power brick at the end. Laptop Battery was still at 100%.

View attachment 94204

View attachment 94205
What size is your IndelB? I have an 18l model so I'll be interested with your results.

What size is your IndelB? I have an 18l model so I'll be interested with your results.
It’s the TB15, so same compressor, but just a bit smaller volume. It’s rated at 35W, but seems to consume 30W in Eco mode. Been running 10 hours and the battery is still at 63%.

Tried similar with a Jackery 240 and a 15L Alpicool. It worked for well over a full day in the tent in fairly hot weather (mid 20s) which is pretty handy for a weekend tent camping, especially with a 100w folding solar panel. But then our new Cali came and I got distracted. The Jackery is still fairly handy for charging portable devices, to lessen the load on the leisure batteries when not on hookup.

We both got it on offer then…..nice!

Just done a full 12 hour day of work (mostly Teams meetings) on the laptop as a test. Started with the laptop at 10%. Worked a treat but not much juice left in the power brick at the end. Laptop Battery was still at 100%.
Are you powering the laptop with the 240v or 12v output?

Just ordered some stuff from the club shop :)

So now we can have a nice cheese toastie sat out under the awning in a slight breeze knowing that it won’t flip up over the van whilst some lowlife is discovering it’s not so easy to nick our spare wheel :D:thumb

Last edited:
I’ve ordered the small one of these today after seeing your post as looking for something to hang on the headrest. It was down to £15 from Cotswold Outdoor. Hoping it will fit on the headrest but handy anyway if not.
The North face wash bag bought from Cotswolds (selling off £20 ish).
Decided to use it for extra storage on seat, fits on head rest.View attachment 88345View attachment 88346

49cec54e57764539a670c430192768ca.jpg

Found a great offer from an health insurance and paid in the end CHF 6.-. Look forward to test it.

I’ve ordered the small one of these today after seeing your post as looking for something to hang on the headrest. It was down to £15 from Cotswold Outdoor. Hoping it will fit on the headrest but handy anyway if not.
Just slide the head rest bars through the black small loops that run along bag.

My son rolls around so much in his sleep he rocks the whole van and wakes us, bought a couple of bottle jacks one ob each corner wheel jack point to try and stabilize the suspension a bit more at night

View attachment 92903
Good idea, tried that last weekend. Worked well for an hour, the noticed van was rocking again. Turns out mines are slowly dropping down again.

Are you powering the laptop with the 240v or 12v output?
I used the 3 pin plug on the power brick, and was using the normal laptop charger that I usually plug into the wall at home.

Was taking about 60W before the laptop got to 100% again, and then 6W to 8W from then on.

Just ordered some stuff from the club shop :)

So now we can have a nice cheese toastie sat out under the awning in a slight breeze knowing that it won’t flip up over the van whilst some lowlife is discovering it’s not so easy to nick our spare wheel :D:thumb
The stuff I ordered arrived within 2 days:thumb however it transpired that the compact wheel brace socket was missing from the set so I could not fit the Sparesafe. After a couple of emails and a quick phone call with Shayne @CampervanBits yesterday he sent me the missing part which arrived today…………..Sparesafe now fitted:thumb

So this is to say thank you publicly to Campervanbits for prompt service :)

Does anyone use a solo stove both at home and when camping at all? We rented a fire pit a few weeks ago, and didn't realise all the smoke was drifting straight into the van - took weeks for the bonfire smell to go away, so I love the idea of a smokeless fire.
Currently looking at the ranger version, but would be interested to hear anyone else's experience/s.

Thanks,

Matt

The stuff I ordered arrived within 2 days:thumb however it transpired that the compact wheel brace socket was missing from the set so I could not fit the Sparesafe. After a couple of emails and a quick phone call with Shayne @CampervanBits yesterday he sent me the missing part which arrived today…………..Sparesafe now fitted:thumb

So this is to say thank you publicly to Campervanbits for prompt service :)
I just bought one too. Matches the van almost perfectly:)

Back