Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What after Phase 1

Once Phase 1 of the vaccination programme is complete who should be next in line?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Probably. You might need to register with a GP.

But I hear Germany have a stockpile of 1,500,000 unwanted Astra Zeneca jabs. Couldn’t your friend just get one of those?
Unwanted or undelivered ?
Ursula, Angela and Emanuel spent all their little energy to make as difficult as possible for the Brits because of B, totally co(king up the vaccine orders/deliveries. That will teach you Brits how worse off you are without us! You'll be poor but live, we'll be rich but dead!
Mario is sorting Brussel out now. @westfalia, yes, if you pay you can get vaccinated tomorrow in Dubai. Money talks.

Well I would prefer that my 78 this year old Dad is vaccinated. Still waiting. Chased numerous bodies. Apparently in Wales, his GP is doing the vaccinations alphabetically. Woe betide anyone with a surname starting with Z.

M for us. Must be a lot of Thomas' in Wales that havent been vaccinated

That makes some sense. Our area seems to have a lot of capacity and has got through its target groups quickly.

I don't think I have read so much crap in my life. I joined this club because I thought the members would be free thinking and intelligent as in a 'worldly wise' way with an attitude to adventure and discovery.
What did I find? none of the above. I haven't bothered to contribute for a year nearly. Why? well lets see
Complete acceptance of the current situation without any analysis of Gov stats (see references)

1) In last 20 years, 8 other years had higher death rates than 2020 (ONS 'age standardised mortality statistics')
2) Case/mortality incidence 0.04% (WHO/UK stats) that is 4 per 10,000. normal flu 1-5 per 10,000.
3) Recovery rate from Covid is 99.96% but for those females of you over 45yrs you have a 1 in 15 odds of breast cancer (6%) 150 times that rate! Guess who isn't getting screened at present, no FNA/mamogram tests (4 million+appt waiting times and suspension of cancer treatment for those with it) due to Covid
4) Save the NHS? lockdowns x4, destroy economy of all SME's and that includes campsites
At the height of the so called pandemic, sunday 23/4/2020, figures from NHS realtime bed usage (dashboard operational hub, no longer accessible by the way! ) and I quote:

40.9 per cent of NHS general acute beds were unoccupied as of the weekend — 37,500 of the total 91,600 relevant beds
Across England, 3,228 patients were in critical care beds — representing 78 per cent of the total of 4,122 critical care beds which were available in February.
In London 1,127 patients were in critical care
There are currently about 1,550 critical care beds available in London 25/4/2020

4)Vaccines, well they don't stop you getting the virus and don't stop you transmitting it (Pfizer/Astra and every other source if you bother to read it up). The end points of all trials for Covid were not to include this as you need years to determenine it, but as the influenza ones in over 70 years hasn't shown this, not likely! And the group dying of Covid is 80+yrs.
Vaccines for preventing influenza in the elderly, well I suggest you look up, if you can be bothered, the last metanalysis of effectiveness or more the lack of, in the group that dies of respiratory viruses on PubMed
'Demicheli V1, Jefferson T, Di Pietrantonj C, Ferroni E, Thorning S, Thomas RE, Rivetti A. Author information
Abstract'
By the way, vaccines are derived from the virus, you either use the core (DNA or RNA ) or surface protein to elicit an immune response or manufacture virus in chick embryo etc and weaken it (attenuation).
mRNA JAB is what you get, has never been used before in humans (killed the dogs used in SARS Cov1 vaccination 2004)

So here we have members recommending groups who should receive it next!!! You should all be ashamed and realise you have been brainwashed, not too difficult I expect!
Why have NHS staff not have first roll out? If they fall ill they can't deal with all the massive 'cases', I guess being an ex NHS/medical consultant like me they don't fancy it.

Can't wait for all the usual moronic abuse to follow this, wish I had never got a life membership but the least of the problems to come from the Gov.UK

I don't think I have read so much crap in my life. I joined this club because I thought the members would be free thinking and intelligent as in a 'worldly wise' way with an attitude to adventure and discovery.
What did I find? none of the above. I haven't bothered to contribute for a year nearly. Why? well lets see
Complete acceptance of the current situation without any analysis of Gov stats (see references)

1) In last 20 years, 8 other years had higher death rates than 2020 (ONS 'age standardised mortality statistics')
2) Case/mortality incidence 0.04% (WHO/UK stats) that is 4 per 10,000. normal flu 1-5 per 10,000.
3) Recovery rate from Covid is 99.96% but for those females of you over 45yrs you have a 1 in 15 odds of breast cancer (6%) 150 times that rate! Guess who isn't getting screened at present, no FNA/mamogram tests (4 million+appt waiting times and suspension of cancer treatment for those with it) due to Covid
4) Save the NHS? lockdowns x4, destroy economy of all SME's and that includes campsites
At the height of the so called pandemic, sunday 23/4/2020, figures from NHS realtime bed usage (dashboard operational hub, no longer accessible by the way! ) and I quote:

40.9 per cent of NHS general acute beds were unoccupied as of the weekend — 37,500 of the total 91,600 relevant beds
Across England, 3,228 patients were in critical care beds — representing 78 per cent of the total of 4,122 critical care beds which were available in February.
There are currently about 1,550 critical care beds available in London 25/4/2020

4)Vaccines, well they don't stop you getting the virus and don't stop you transmitting it (Pfizer/Astra and every other source if you bother to read it up). The end points of all trials for Covid were not to include this as you need years to determenine it, but as the influenza ones in over 70 years hasn't shown this, not likely! And the group dying of Covid is 80+yrs.
Vaccines for preventing influenza in the elderly, well I suggest you look up, if you can be bothered, the last metanalysis of effectiveness or more the lack of, in the group that dies of respiratory viruses on PubMed
'Demicheli V1, Jefferson T, Di Pietrantonj C, Ferroni E, Thorning S, Thomas RE, Rivetti A. Author information
Abstract'
By the way, vaccines are derived from the virus, you either use the core (DNA or RNA ) or surface protein to elicit an immune response or manufacture virus in chick embryo etc and weaken it (attenuation).
mRNA JAB is what you get, has never been used before in humans (killed the dogs used in SARS Cov1 vaccination 2004)

So here we have members recommending groups who should receive it next!!! You should all be ashamed and realise you have been brainwashed, not too difficult I expect!
Why have NHS staff not have first roll out? If they fall ill they can't deal with all the massive 'cases', I guess being an ex NHS/medical consultant like me they don't fancy it.

Can't wait for all the usual moronic abuse to follow this, wish I had never got a life membership but the least of the problems to come from the Gov.UK

Recovery rate of 99.96% from covid. Hmmmm well my best mate had always been a pretty lucky guy I should know I was with him lots of times at the races when he hit it lucky. For him to be in that 0.4 group that have died from covid seems to be really unlucky but that’s what happened in all this shathousery. I don’t think his family would think to much of the post above either

@docbob1
You sound like a covid denying nut job. I doubt you are a real doctor.

There have been around 150k people die in the UK so far, so your quoted 0.04% case fatality would mean 375M in the UK would have had to have caught covid to cause those deaths. Mmm spot the flaw. I won’t spend the energy on the rest of your points as I suspect you are trolling.

Welcome back Bob! We missed you while the scientists of the world were out there developing dozens of different vaccines that you informed would never be developed.

Sounds like Bob might be stuck in a bit of an echo chamber there - another example of the flawed world of social media and smart devices. I’ve seen it happen to my own sister in law - an intelligent lady but the algorithms of Facebook, Google, YouTube etc just ended up exposing her to a very specific Covid-denial, anti-government, conspiracy rhetoric that led her down the same path (calling it a plandemic, everyone around her are sheep for listening to main stream media etc). There’s nothing sinister about the algorithms themselves - they literally have one purpose; to keep the user fixed to the screen for longer - so if you watch/read one skewed vaccine report then chances are you’ll be offered another and another and another until you’re in your very own echo chamber. It works in every sense though - we’re all in echo chambers of our own which is why it’s so important to actively read a wide range of sources to at least make it a diverse chamber. If you’re ‘left’ inclined then actively read/follow someone or a newspaper from the ‘right’ and vice verse. With all these conspiracies there’s almost always a grain of truth in there somewhere which gets reinforced by a bucket load of confirmation bias and pseudo science to rule out any logic from the ‘sheep’ around them. Such a shame. Fortunately for us, my sister in law made the decision herself to stop watching YouTube and following these unhealthy sources so slowly she’s returned to a more healthy level of scepticism (which is how one should approach all news sources at all times in reality).

What did I find? none of the above. I haven't bothered to contribute for a year nearly. Why?
Have you ever contributed any thing to do with owning / using a Vw California? Or did you just join here to insult the majority of owners?
Having lost a fairly large number of friends & work colleagues in the last few months I find your comments frankly insulting.

Please go back to Scandinavia & hid back under the bridge that you were previously hiding under.

@docbob1
You sound like a covid denying nut job. I doubt you are a real doctor.

There have been around 150k people die in the UK so far, so your quoted 0.04% case fatality would mean 375M in the UK would have had to have caught covid to cause those deaths. Mmm spot the flaw. I won’t spend the energy on the rest of your points as I suspect you are trolling.

Globally there have been about 2.8m Covid deaths. Divide that by 0.04% and you get a world population of 7 billion.

Globally there have been about 2.8m Covid deaths. Divide that by 0.04% and you get a world population of 7 billion.
Is that people or sheeple?

But great, we've all had covid then, off back down the pub.

I think you have a problem with maths, 375m is the entire population died 6x over! The stats are "died WITH Covid" not FROM Covid and depending upon when you look at the results, anyone dying within 28 days of a (80% false pos PCR at 45 reps) now or 90 days previously ( hit by a bus, MI,stroke) was a death. I wish people to ANALYSE FACTS, look at ONS/ GOV Stats etc, all official, come back when you have and give me the FACTS if diffferent!!!!!!! Not too difficult to do but will need more than a couple of minutes as you and others have replied in. I have no interest in what will befall you or others, only my own offspring now but you will take them down with you unless you do your own research.

I think you have a problem with maths, 375m is the entire population died 6x over! The stats are "died WITH Covid" not FROM Covid and depending upon when you look at the results, anyone dying within 28 days of a (80% false pos PCR at 45 reps) now or 90 days previously ( hit by a bus, MI,stroke) was a death. I wish people to ANALYSE FACTS, look at ONS/ GOV Stats etc, all official, come back when you have and give me the FACTS if diffferent!!!!!!! Not too difficult to do but will need more than a couple of minutes as you and others have replied in. I have no interest in what will befall you or others, only my own offspring now but you will take them down with you unless you do your own research.
I do think you and king Canute had something in common..... have you sought professional help?

Erm.... Population of UK is 66M so if everyone had caught it (which they haven’t) no way can the case fatality rate be 0.04% with 150K deaths. That was the point I was making, but obviously lost on your great intellect.

Abstract'

Thanks. That’s really cheered us all up. :rolleyes:

Can't wait for all the usual moronic abuse to follow this, wish I had never got a life membership but the least of the problems to come from the Gov uk
You seem angry.
The responses you get are a direct consequence of the tone of your post and narrow minded contempt for the views of others. This is the complete opposite of free thinking and intelligent.

Don't frighten him away, this is good stuff.

But given this thread is actually about vaccines, I'm still desperate for Bob to explain how things have turned out about those.

[docbob1 of this parish, NHS thread, 18 Apr 2020]
"There is no vaccine, never has been, to this RNA virus group (includes Foot and Mouth as well, huge financial gain there for one) Despite it being the 'Holy Grail' for vaccine manufacturers as profits would be MEGAHUGE" and... "What a load of Tosh, do some research, NO SARS VACCINE, had last 17years to make one and still haven't".

I'm really confused because he told us then, in effect, there would never be a vaccine and he seemed to be really certain about that. But now I'm perplexed, because there are at this point 83 vaccine candidates in clinical development, already approved or in use (WHO data, see I can cite them as well as Bob)???

Maybe it's all a Central Bank scam though, to sell vaccines to the sheeple of the whole world when all they really had was some sniffles and had lost their sense of smell (including to sniff out the world government conspiracy).

Help us out Bob, we're really struggling with the facts?

Don't frighten him away, this is good stuff.

But given this thread is actually about vaccines, I'm still desperate for Bob to explain how things have turned out about those.

[docbob1 of this parish, NHS thread, 18 Apr 2020]
"There is no vaccine, never has been, to this RNA virus group (includes Foot and Mouth as well, huge financial gain there for one) Despite it being the 'Holy Grail' for vaccine manufacturers as profits would be MEGAHUGE" and... "What a load of Tosh, do some research, NO SARS VACCINE, had last 17years to make one and still haven't".

I'm really confused because he told us then, in effect, there would never be a vaccine and he seemed to be really certain about that. But now I'm perplexed, because there are at this point 83 vaccine candidates in clinical development, already approved or in use (WHO data, see I can cite them as well as Bob)???

Maybe it's all a Central Bank scam though, to sell vaccines to the sheeple of the whole world when all they really had was some sniffles and had lost their sense of smell (including to sniff out the world government conspiracy).

Help us out Bob, we're really struggling with the facts?
People are entitled to be wrong and proven wrong.

Many mathematicians stated that Fermat's Last Theorem could never be proven - until Andrew Wiles proved it in 1994.

Still, it would be nice if Doc Bob admitted his mistake on Covid Vaccines so we could move on.

Back