What a man!

sidepod

sidepod

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Just been out for a blast in my Mini.
Can’t hear a thing at the moment, I’m pretty sure I’ve got a compressed spine. I nearly blacked out on a couple of corners (pretty sure it was 3G lateral). I almost dislocated a shoulder climbing out over the door bars of the cage. I burned through about three gallons of Super unleaded and half a set of front boots. The neighbour gets arsy with me because it’s too loud for her and it scares her cat.
Same time tomorrow I think.

Try that in an EV.

Velma's Dad

Velma's Dad

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I used to admire kit cars, i wonder if building one now with an electric motor would be quite easy and fruitful?
If we're talking 'Seven' type cars, the core essence of them is (IMO) light weight and agility. I had a Westfield and the charm of that was its 'skateboard-ness'. A Caterham weighs about half a tonne. To achieve that as an EV you'd need battery weight low, but that might be okay if you could live with quite limited range.

RodCouncil

RodCouncil

A Brit in Sweden
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Just been out for a blast in my Mini.
Can’t hear a thing at the moment, I’m pretty sure I’ve got a compressed spine. I nearly blacked out on a couple of corners (pretty sure it was 3G lateral). I almost dislocated a shoulder climbing out over the door bars of the cage. I burned through about three gallons of Super unleaded and half a set of front boots. The neighbour gets arsy with me because it’s too loud for her and it scares her cat.
Same time tomorrow I think.

Try that in an EV.
Sounds like a jaunt out in my Honda'd Elise S1, induction bark alone terrified every pax rider :D

The performance of fast EV's are on another level though (not for the decrepit on here), the pace is just absurd to the point that it hurts, for me it's just another level of experience and the sooner it becomes the norm and more autonomous the better.