Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What’s this hanging underneath

Hillsiders

Hillsiders

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Any ideas what these two straps are and why they might come detached. Should I be concerned

185BE7EF-0AB4-4371-A5CC-24000BBF711B.jpeg

The indentations on the udertray are normally where there is a bolt to fasten it on so it looks the hanging down bit is some sort of bracket which fits into the indentation and should have a bolt through it.

It's one of the Bumper plastic securing brackets, fixes to body with a self tapping screw.

if you look under there are more the same.

the second photo shows it clearer, they are the bumper ties as BJG says

Thanks all rear bumper ties seems the general consensus Thanks. Went over a particularly nasty sleeping policeman recently so I might have caught the bumper then.

This seem to be a frequent problem. I had it in the first few months, and my son has the same problem on his Multivan.
Do you know what type of fixation is needed to reattach it?

This seem to be a frequent problem. I had it in the first few months, and my son has the same problem on his Multivan.
Apparently Wesel it’s a self-tapping screw but I haven’t checked the size yet.

These I think?

Not sure where to post this … just took dogs bed out of van, been for a run. The middle rail on the floor underneath dogs bed was ‘roasting’, the other two rails felt normal ?
Any advice as to what this could be ?

Not sure where to post this … just took dogs bed out of van, been for a run. The middle rail on the floor underneath dogs bed was ‘roasting’, the other two rails felt normal ?
Exhaust? Middle silencer is off central line on sliding door side. Normally I would expect there to be a heat shield between silencer and body, but the exhaust will get quit hot if a DPF regeneration was happening prior to stopping.

Has the dog just been sleeping on it.?

Exhaust? Middle silencer is off central line on sliding door side. Normally I would expect there to be a heat shield between silencer and body, but the exhaust will get quit hot if a DPF regeneration was happening prior to stopping.
There was a DPF regen as I heard it when emptying the van.
But are you saying that a heat shield may be missing … it was roasting !

There was a DPF regen as I heard it when emptying the van.
But are you saying that a heat shield may be missing … it was roasting !
Possible but unlikely. Normally, vehicle movement would transfer heat away, but standing still, heat rises.

Back