Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What’s the price of fuel in your area?

Where supermarkets used to be the cheapest place to go for fuel they are now the most expensive and the small garages are the cheapest. When you consider how much the major supermarkets actually pay for fuel themselves they could cut the price 20 -30p a litre and still make huge profits.
We don't have any independents in our area. The most competitive in my area are ASDA or Morrisons.

Morrisons owned by CD&R who also own Motor Fuel Group with 900 fuel stations.
Asda owned by petrol station giants, the Issa Brothers, with private equity backing from TDR Capital. They have also bought the Co-op petrol stations which will be re-branded Asda.
Mansfield used to be one of the cheapest towns in the country for fuel, now there is no competition between the supermarkets.
I think the RAC man is spot on, it’s something the government should by looking at.

Yes. Apparently developed the concept of the modern PFS with integral shop. (They didn't).
Fair play to them, they started off with one petrol station in Bury in 2001 and 20 years later they own Asda, albeit with a mountain of debt.
What I don’t get is that if diesel is cheaper than petrol in Ireland and France, it should be cheaper here.
Not saying it’s a cartel here, just a er friendly agreement to fleece diesel customers for as long as they can get away with it.

I"m hoping for a nice surprise when I fuel up in Luxembourg tomorrow. Last time I filled up in Belgium the price was 1.65 Euro per litre (gotta love the 80L fuel tank)

£1.71 up in Scotland today… :headbang

Around the Bristol area, diesel is between 156.9 to 161.9 at super markets and the usual high street retailers. Costco, however, are today selling at 139.9 per litre, there price does fluctuate and in recents weeks it’s been combing down.

Costco add roughly 8% margin per litre and their prices and used to be, pre the Ukraine conflict, between 4 to 6 pence cheaper that on the high street & super markets. Today Costco prices are between 17 to 22 pence cheaper than high street & supermarket retailers, showing the inflated prices the other retailers & supermarkets are charging.

So the way I see it, unless you’re a Costco member, you’re getting ripped of, my view being that the high street & supermarkets retailers are still holding their prices high, making more profit than before the Ukraine conflict. And what happened to the Government's pledge to ensure fuel retailers are charging a fair price for petrol & diesel??

I bet the EV boys love having a giggle at this thread…

Incidentally - going to be in Ireland next week and this thread just prompted me to look at fuel prices there. Diesel around 1.48 euros (about £1.30) which is about 6 percent BELOW petrol.

Can anyone from the Emerald Isle explain - is there a tax difference or something?
Taxes on diesel 6 €cents less than petrol, unless there has been a change since MarchBAE253C3-5E26-4D75-B975-04BE4B5BCEC0.png

Local Texaco nr station was £147.9 for a few days now

I use the “petrol prices app” to find the cheapest locally , it does highlight the difference in fuel prices locally which can be an eye opener !

I was pleasantly surprised to see Sainsbury supermarket garage, Glasgow South, selling petrol at £144.9 and diesel at £151.9. The lowest difference I’ve seen in a while. I then saw, again another Sainsbury but a few mile away with a difference of 11pence per litre !
The difference has been around 20 pence per litre in most garages in the Glasgow area for a while now … just ‘rip off robbery’ and Britain at its best !

Petrol now 1.37.7 at Asda Gorseinon Swansea.
That’s almost back to pre war price.

Diesel is currently 145.9 at Thorn falcon on the A358 near Taunton. cheapest i've seen it in a while.
I'm doing 500+ miles a week at the moment so I fill up here regularly

Out yesterday in Galloway area. Spotted ‘same price’ petrol and diesel, £1.41 !!!
Not only the same price but cheaper than Glasgow !!

Diesel still around 15p premium in East Anglia

Wigan Costco £141.9 diesel

This is by far the cheapest I’ve seen around the Oxfordshire area, again diesel cheaper than petrol.
(Just outside Wantage).

IMG_9227.jpeg