Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What’s the price of fuel in your area?

Diesel in Lisbon is €1.50 for a litre of the better diesel.
I’m not sure why they call the cheaper diesel “simple”?

0F9B721A-A142-4BD7-8277-CE4A91C1212C.jpeg
0F9B721A-A142-4BD7-8277-CE4A91C1212C.jpeg
Diesel price is much lower than petrol at some French supermarkets. We are being ripped off in UK

tax on diesel is lower than petrol in France, but higher on diesel than petrol in UK

tax on diesel is lower than petrol in France, but higher on diesel than petrol in UK
Possibly so, but in the UK fuel duty is 52.95 p per litre for both diesel and unleaded and if diesel is cheaper to refine than unleaded you would expect it to be the cheaper of the two.

£1.54 per litre for diesel / £1.39 petrol in Birmingham today

Diesel in East Spain (Costa blanca) is €1.49.9 for a litre, the basic one at a Repsol garage. The one down the road from it is €1.39.9 and the one I go to just a little away but in the same town €1.47.2 but I also get a little off that as a regular customer and a free car wash after spending €90 which is easy when filling the van.

It is about 10 cents more for premium, which I do not need.

Diesel in East Spain (Costa blanca) is €1.49.9 for a litre, the basic one at a Repsol garage. The one down the road from it is €1.39.9 and the one I go to just a little away but in the same town €1.47.2 but I also get a little off that as a regular customer and a free car wash after spending €90 which is easy when filling the van.

It is about 10 cents more for premium, which I do not need.
Is it ever worth 'treating' your van to a tank of premium?

Not based on past experience. I had a 1999 Sharan which always had the cheapest diesel and the engine was fine after 192,000 miles & it was the gearbox that failed after 18 years.

Only if it makes you feel better (some may disagree)
All diesel on sale via the forecourt meets the very strict minimum quality standards, premium diesel comes from exactly the same production facility as normal Diesel, premium Diesel claims to have added detergents etc which claim to keep your engine clean(er) (claimed with regular use)
Do you think HGV fleets use premium, (it’s not an option for HGV pumps) if there was any benefit fleets would use it (Sorry if that sounds condescending, it’s not meant to be).it’s a premium branding thang aim at exploiting customers choice.
exactly the same issue applies to the perception of “supermarket“ fuel.
if it makes you feel better, use it, if not don’t, you won’t see any tangible benefit IMO.

Diesel at Tesco Hemel Hempstead was £1.529 end of last week. Always the cheapest around here.

£1.54 for diesel at Sainsburys Rowley Regis
I use Petrol Prices App.
Usually tesco extra is as cheap & uses Esso Fuel

We have Diesel locally now at £1.39.9 with petrol in the same garage actually 4p more expensive.
I never thought I would see Diesel at that price ever again.
Looks like OPEC cutting production has had the opposite affect on Fuel prices..Let it continue...

We have Diesel locally now at £1.39.9 with petrol in the same garage actually 4p more expensive.
I never thought I would see Diesel at that price ever again.
Looks like OPEC cutting production has had the opposite affect on Fuel prices..Let it continue...
Good, about time too.E80E6B69-B4D9-49D3-AD91-23BC00BDD1C8.png

Incidentally - going to be in Ireland next week and this thread just prompted me to look at fuel prices there. Diesel around 1.48 euros (about £1.30) which is about 6 percent BELOW petrol.

Can anyone from the Emerald Isle explain - is there a tax difference or something?

Incidentally - going to be in Ireland next week and this thread just prompted me to look at fuel prices there. Diesel around 1.48 euros (about £1.30) which is about 6 percent BELOW petrol.

Can anyone from the Emerald Isle explain - is there a tax difference or something?
I can’t comment on the tax aspect, but having lived there for 10years a few years back, I quickly learnt to only use the branded fuel stations (Top, Applegreen, Maxol, Shell etc) rather than smaller independent fuel stops. Laundered diesel (cheap red diesel with the colouring taken out and sold as std diesel) and dirty diesel storage tanks were a big problem esp in rural areas and I unwittingly did serious damage to 2 engines by filling up with bad diesel. Might be better these days, but imho not worth the gamble. The bigger stations usually have a better hot food counter too!

The fuel I mentioned is Texaco. Which is refined in South Wales. So I would think as good if not better than most.

156.9p/litre - Morrison's High Wycombe.

156.9p/litre - Morrison's High Wycombe.
Where supermarkets used to be the cheapest place to go for fuel they are now the most expensive and the small garages are the cheapest. When you consider how much the major supermarkets actually pay for fuel themselves they could cut the price 20 -30p a litre and still make huge profits.

First supermarket petrol filling station for Safeway / (Now Morrison) in England/Wales was in 92/93 and its right by you Ozzy. I rarely use Morrison's PFS.