Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What’s the cheapest way to book Brittany Ferries?

Lambeth Cali

Lambeth Cali

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
I was a bit surprised that one way with cabin was approx £900 this coming summer.
What is the cheapest way to book and get a discount?

I was a bit surprised that one way with cabin was approx £900 this coming summer.
Return is cheaper per crossing. I was surprised a few years ago when I wrote my car off in France to find that it cost £175 more for us to to return as foot passengers without the car because they changed my booking to two single journeys.

Last edited:
If you think you may do more than 1 trip a year it is worth paying the Brittany ferries club membership. Also some crossings are cheaper than others. Bilbao often cheaper than Santander. Go for an internal cabin than a window one. Cheapest is just a seat not a cabin. Book via Brittany ferry site rather than phoning.

Yep sadly Pont Aven only goes Plymouth to Santander which I think is why it’s a premium. I am still assuming the other boats are rubbish so keen to stick on the PA.

Yep sadly Pont Aven only goes Plymouth to Santander which I think is why it’s a premium. I am still assuming the other boats are rubbish so keen to stick on the PA.
Initial trip on the new ship was not so good but it was during the pandemic now all good. We have had several trips since and apart from set evening meal time being not as good as a flexible time it all went well. Meals have improved and we enjoyed them and and the cabins are better than the older ships. Lunch is still flexible. Parking on the decks is easier, seams to be more space. Give it a try.

Currently booked for a trip on Santoña so watching it progress though the suez canal to UK for it start of service in March.

No, the Premium is for a faster crossing across the Bay of Biscay.
The ferry to Bilbao gives you 2 nights on board as stops in France to refuel etc. No passenger pickup. Last time I used it the ferry was in better condition than the PA. The route is around the coast rather than across the Bay.

We did Portsmouth- Bilbao last summer. The boat was really nice and felt like it was freshly refitted. Good options good too. 2 nights on board felt like a mini holiday before our camper holiday started arriving in Spain.

Agree with howie, did the Bilbao route last year, upgraded cabin was actually cheaper than inner cabin and extra to use the club lounge. The new boat is very nice, excellent facilities for the cheap boat (in comparison)
Not that I am a cruise person, but very relaxed couple of days. Will use it again if it’s cost effective

If you think you may do more than 1 trip a year it is worth paying the Brittany ferries club membership. Also some crossings are cheaper than others. Bilbao often cheaper than Santander. Go for an internal cabin than a window one. Cheapest is just a seat not a cabin. Book via Brittany ferry site rather than phoning.
When I read the new Club Membership info it indicated that there was various levels of discount available with none during peak summer season. ie pay membership but get no discount other than onboard ones.

Go online and try F93981 where it asks if a Friend has Club Voyage Membership to see what discount you get.
Comes up after inputting dates & crossing details in.
Your code is not working and it says;

Your booking fail with message: "New guest bookings and amendment of guest bookings are not currently permitted under this membership online. To amend a guest booking please call 0330 159 5010.".

Maybe it reaches 8 guest booking limit? I have spent hours to claculate if the club voyage is worth for extra £180 then I have purchased it for Spain tour. Plan more crossing to make it worth though.

Try mine if anyone needed.
V0JWZ8

DFDS are doing Newhaven to Dieppe for less than £150 return, including vehicle, optional cabins from £16.

Your code is not working and it says;

Your booking fail with message: "New guest bookings and amendment of guest bookings are not currently permitted under this membership online. To amend a guest booking please call 0330 159 5010.".

Maybe it reaches 8 guest booking limit? I have spent hours to claculate if the club voyage is worth for extra £180 then I have purchased it for Spain tour. Plan more crossing to make it worth though.

Try mine if anyone needed.
V0JWZ8
Tried both, won’t allow ‘at peak times”.
Shame. Thanks though

Shame. Thanks though
Charges vary depending on day of the week and time of sailing.
Check a day or two either side of intended sailings as it now shows cost up front.
Cheaper options seem to be getting fewer and far between now compared to previous years.

DFDS Newhaven to Dieppe is a good option, no queues and cheaper. Plus if you book through CAMC you should get a decent discount.

Shame. Thanks though
Brittany Ferries Club Voyage discounts to new members. Note this is only for France Membership not Spanish one.

Club Voyage France membership​

For members who joined on or after 16 November 2021 the following discounts apply:

UK to France / France to UK routes​

SeasonTravel datesMid week saving*Weekend saving*
Low7 Nov 2022–30 Mar 202335%30%
Mid5 Sep–6 Nov 2022, 31 Mar–13 July 2023 & 4 Sep–5 Nov 202315%10%
High15 Jul–4 Sep 2022 & 14 Jul–3 Sep 20235%5%
*Mid-week: Sunday overnight departures to Friday afternoon departures

*Weekend: Friday overnight departures to Sunday afternoon departures

UK to Spain / Spain to UK routes​

SeasonTravel DatesSaving
Low7 Nov 2022–30 Mar 202315%
Mid12 Sep–6 Nov 2022, 31 Mar–22 Jun 2023 & 11 Sep–5 Nov 20235%
High24 Jun–11 Sep 2022 & 23 Jun-10 Sep 20230%

Try booking through CAMC
I've not booked through CAMC but years ago used C&CC and found that whilst they appeared cheaper initially they bundled in Insurance cover etc and it was actually cheaper to do the whole package in relevant items/parts myself.
They act as Agents so worth bearing that in mind.

Back