Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Westfelia

W

Wondering Star

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Has anyone had any experience of the Westfelia Columbus 600D.
Seams to have a clever use of space with pop top to make a 6 berth (allows two teenagers to have their own bed).
Westfelia designed passenger seat/bed looks great, my concern surrounds the Fiat underpinnings.
Looks a great vehicle (12 month factory order), Sorry just wouldn't be able to live with the looks of a Grand California 600, love the interior but the outside is shocking bad.
Why no pop top option, would buy in a flash!

Sorry no experience, but there’s one on the campsite I’m on at the moment, been sneaking a peak as I walk past, looks a nice van.

Yes they are hard to find, struggling to find many dealers.
Spoke to campervan sales today and its 12 months for a factory order.
Probably the closest way of buying a 6m van with VW interior build quality, just wish it was Crafter based.
Perhaps VW and Westfelia could collaborate ?

If you are after a pop top Fiat, Hymer do a similar layout.

Hyper also do 4x4 Mercedes Sprinter options with a pop-top. I don’t know if there are three bed options though.

Hyper also do 4x4 Mercedes Sprinter options with a pop-top. I don’t know if there are three bed options though.
We have just sold our Cali and bought a Hymer Free 600s based on a Sprinter chassis. Really pleased so far with the much better camping experience and only slightly compromised driving experience (slightly bigger van so harder to manoeuvre, but still has auto and ACC). Ours is only a 2 berth but you can get a pop top roof making 2 double beds. Much cheaper than the Grand. We bought from Travelworld in Stafford

Have looked at the Hymar but travel seats are not as useful as the Westfelia Columbus. The Hymar seat is more upright whereas the Westfelia has a clever bed set up with built in memory foam mattress, has isofix fixing and is available in two widths which makes a handy extra bed.
With the standard kitchen being narrow than the larger fridge set up the travel seats can be ordered extra wide 110 cm.
Travel seat comfort is important, I already have to contend with the various teenager arguments in our three seat Beach so need a little separation space.
We also tend to do long journeys when travelling in to Europe in one stint, changing drivers as we go.
For two the Hymar would be great, last year in Austria we had one on the next pitch that looked great.
Unfortunately there's not many Westfelia dealers ,
Which makes the buying experience a bit of a faff.
Not quite as easy was walking in to my local VW dealer that's for sure.

Westfalia is building on the MAN van now, which is a rebadged Crafter, from what I hear VW is not supply Westafalia with the Crafter as competing with the Grand Cali, maybe true I don’t know, but MAN service is vastly better than VW and most open 24/7

Back