Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Well I never ........

S

Stu

Guest User
..... Thought I'd be posting a message from somewhere under the English Channel!!

Trains > Folkestone have 3G signal now. Not sure on going the other way, didn't notice it on the way over.

Its great eh Stu :thumb

Even stranger is that Stena Line ferries have Wifi that you can use in the middle of the Irish sea :shocked - Oh and its free

What network are you on Stu? I lost signal as soon as we entered the tunnel?

It was on the return trip Martin. They made a PA announcement to say on trains from Calais to Folkestone you could call, text, surf etc.

It was SFR on the train and I'm on Vodafone.

That's great, and shows the quality of the French mobile data system.

A couple of weeks ago I travelled through France, dipped into Italy and then Spain. Including driving through the Alps, over a 2500 mile journey I always had a good quality 3G signal.

In our little country we struggle to cover it, I don't even get 3G at home on O2.

I agree, I don't get a Vodafone signal at home, we rely on a Sure Signal. That uses our Broadband which is poor to say the least and I have just discovered I can get 3x better on a 3 Mobile Data Card.

Some countries have 4G, it's just been announced here but as you say we can't even get reliable 3G.

Finland has wifi on the trains, in the towns, almost everywhere! Very handy.

Back