Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Week 47 club

Max Wild

Max Wild

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi

I can confirm that your California Ocean arrived at the UK port Of Grimsby on the 30th of November 2020, which is obviously today. Orders can be up to 10 days at the UK port before being delivered to the selling Van Centre.

FYI for any other week 47'ers... looks like mine at least is on the move! :bananadance2

Flippin tech you did well my week 43 was on the same ship, hopefully your dealer is as speedy as VWDE.

Flippin tech you did well my week 43 was on the same ship, hopefully your dealer is as speedy as VWDE.

I’m dubious they looked up the right order to be honest! Seems too quick!

And I don’t want it until January!

I’m dubious they looked up the right order to be honest! Seems too quick!

And I don’t want it until January!
Its probably about right for recent builds, mine was in production 2 weeks longer than normal and sat waiting for a train for a week more than normal. No reasons given there must of been a quality issue I suspect. Good luck when you get it!.

We are a week 47 build with a twist, in that delivery is to Gibraltar. They told me “January” a few weeks ago, may enquire soon to see if they have anything firmer for us...

Hi

FYI for any other week 47'ers... looks like mine at least is on the move! :bananadance2
Any update on your Week 47 delivery? We were told mid Jan bit have had no other confirmation ?

Any update on your Week 47 delivery? We were told mid Jan bit have had no other confirmation ?

Likewise waiting for paperwork which we were told would be prepared over Christmas. No rush TBH! I’ve asked to delay to March but they didn’t think it would be possible.

Likewise waiting for paperwork which we were told would be prepared over Christmas. No rush TBH! I’ve asked to delay to March but they didn’t think it would be possible.
To be honest I don’t see us moving out of our region during January to pick up so we will probably try to negotiate delaying till March also , has this been agreed ?

To be honest I don’t see us moving out of our region during January to pick up so we will probably try to negotiate delaying till March also , has this been agreed ?

They made noises like there may be ‘stocking charges’ involved in delaying, as well as the price increase since ordering, and finance deals changing, but are going to get back to me with options.

I’m fully expecting a ‘no’ in which case I’m expecting we’ll have it in a week or two.

Ok keep us posted

Better late than never! We finally received our Cali today the dealer having agreed to delay until today.

c0c52035d9e000452ece90d4e668f1df.jpg

Better late than never! We finally received our Cali today the dealer having agreed to delay until today.

c0c52035d9e000452ece90d4e668f1df.jpg
Wow love that !! Is this the maiden voyage? We are getting ours Thursday so not much between the Week 47 crew and good to have been able to delay till 1 March

Wow love that !! Is this the maiden voyage? We are getting ours Thursday so not much between the Week 47 crew and good to have been able to delay till 1 March
Are they delivering it to you ? If so do they drive it or is it on a loader?

Thanks! Yes one quick dog walking and fuel filling maiden voyage.

Great you were able to delay too.

Ours was driven to us so had 150 miles on the clock on arrival. We weren’t allowed to collect which I would have preferred but the dealer apparently doesn’t have the facilities for collection. The chap who delivered it was a professional driver who didn’t look like he’d have been drifting it around the M25.

Thanks! Yes one quick dog walking and fuel filling maiden voyage.

Great you were able to delay too.

Ours was driven to us so had 150 miles on the clock on arrival. We weren’t allowed to collect which I would have preferred but the dealer apparently doesn’t have the facilities for collection. The chap who delivered it was a professional driver who didn’t look like he’d have been drifting it around the M25.
Thank you, I agree collection is better ..must have been a bit nerve wracking someone driving it.
Enjoy your Cali :)

Good news with VW pricing your Cali with be worth more than you paid by the time it arrives!!

Driving it ....after much deliberation (cause we had the trailer ordered) but then wondered what type it would, would it be good for inside of van and all the fittings being towed 300 mile and worried about stone chips etc!

Looks fabulous! All the waiting will soon be forgotten. They really are fabulous vehicles. Ours has been our "escape capsule" during these weird times. Even just going for a short walk feels fun when you get back and have a brew.

Hope you have lots of fun :thumb

Back