Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Webasto or Planar heater.

I think you will find that Those pics are not from an install by Pete,
One can only assume they were as it was on a post regarding Petes install, unless he has some problem with Pete and is trying to give him a bad name.
Have you got any pictures of your installation CannonDale?

i agree that does not look like pete's work there are a lot of dodgy fitters out there pete is not one of them

One can only assume they were as it was on a post regarding Petes install, unless he has some problem with Pete and is trying to give him a bad name.
Have you got any pictures of your installation CannonDale?
No but I did see the holes and they were not like that, Lots of positive feedback on here and FB re his work, he showed me every step of the install including fitting the heater under the van. Like you, I would not want my van hacked about. If you are in the market for heater check out his FB page. Particularly useful being able to turn the heat on via my phone when away from the van as the heater has a modem with a SIM card.

This post seem to go off on a tangent compared to other online reviews…?

Do some of the guys from a couple of years ago still have their vans with Planar Pete’s heater in? I’m thinking of getting one fitted to my new van.

This post seem to go off on a tangent compared to other online reviews…?

Do some of the guys from a couple of years ago still have their vans with Planar Pete’s heater in? I’m thinking of getting one fitted to my new van.
I am still using mine which is now nearing three years old and it still kicks out the same amount of heat with no issues, I now live in Scotland and use it all the time. Highly recommend it and get the sim card box so you can switch it on when away from the van.

I am still using mine which is now nearing three years old and it still kicks out the same amount of heat with no issues, I now live in Scotland and use it all the time. Highly recommend it and get the sim card box so you can switch it on when away from the van.

Cheers
That’s great news.

I keep thinking of getting a heater installed but I'm unsure about cutting into the B-Pillar, does the OEM install include reinforcing this area?

Has anyone got a super neat install where the heat outlet and inlet are in the seat base? I'm unsure as to the pros and cons.

I keep thinking of getting a heater installed but I'm unsure about cutting into the B-Pillar, does the OEM install include reinforcing this area?

Has anyone got a super neat install where the heat outlet and inlet are in the seat base? I'm unsure as to the pros and cons.

I had a Webasto fitted to my old Beach years ago. The inlet was on the drivers step on the vertical section in the corner, the outlet was in the seat base. It worked fine.
I’m sure back then, 2013ish, slidepods we’re one of the first to retro fit into the B-pillar same as OEM.

6483A37E-0AD9-4517-9B6A-33CB90251009.jpeg

I had a Webasto fitted to my old Beach years ago. The inlet was on the drivers step on the vertical section in the corner, the outlet was in the seat base. It worked fine.
I’m sure back then, 2013ish, slidepods we’re one of the first to retro fit into the B-pillar same as OEM.

View attachment 104342
That looks good, I think I’ll go this route when the time comes.

This is off a Facebook post so not my pictures or van, this guy seemed pleased but I disagree.

View attachment 55819

View attachment 55820

That is copying the OEM install method part of which (inlet only) I have done on a van in the past.

More recent conversions that I have done have used the conventional round Eberspacher/Webasto inlet fitted in the door step area and a similar round outlet fitted in a blanking plate in a seat base. There are round outlets available that are rotatable to direct the warm air stream where you want it. Done this way is far less expensive and involves only cutting round holes with a suitable tank cutter.
The OEM ducting looks posh but in reality only depletes the wallet!

I'd love for PP to do mine, he is well respected, but I can't afford to pay for him to have a holiday here in Scotland so it looks like a diy job. I want to go OE not just for looks but because I want to keep the space under the drivers seat for other stuff like maybe a second leisure battery.

There is a really good thread on the t6 forum with loads of pictures and explanation. Having done my own conversions before I'm not concerned about cutting new metal so long an its done carefully and well. It might even be possible to replicate part of that OE lip.

I have an Autoterm fitted to my T6 Beach with the modem option. Works very silently and remote status command from the app furnishes Leisure Battery voltage and internal temperature. Really like it.

Back