Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

We Connect 'Where is my vehicle?'

Viktorgeorge

Viktorgeorge

Starlight Blue Ocean 4Mo MY2023 older bellows
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Others on the forum have discuss the 'Where is my vehicle?' on We Connect, which does not sound all that good but I would like to try it out anyway.

When I try to use it (within We Connect's 'Map' page) I get the screen below, but I cannot find on the relevant settings on the infotainment system. Does anyone know how to activate the service?

We Connect Screen redacted.jpg

My understanding is for GDPR reasons and the ability for someone to use this feature to track someone else journey (a spouse for instance) without agreement meant VW deactivated this feature some time ago. It's a shame as could do away without the need for expensive trackers.

My understanding is for GDPR reasons and the ability for someone to use this feature to track someone else journey (a spouse for instance) without agreement meant VW deactivated this feature some time ago. It's a shame as could do away without the need for expensive trackers.
Thank you @dspuk , that would explain why my several times search yielded nothing!

Others on the forum have discuss the 'Where is my vehicle?' on We Connect, which does not sound all that good but I would like to try it out anyway.

When I try to use it (within We Connect's 'Map' page) I get the screen below, but I cannot find on the relevant settings on the infotainment system. Does anyone know how to activate the service?

View attachment 104602
Its exactly as it states in the caption , you've got it turned off in the van & you need to turn it on in the infotainment system.

Show us a picture of your infotainment screen please. Chances are you have the "spy" icon at the top of the screen - that shows that you've got the privacy options turned on.

There were some options disabled, I think it was the one that alerted you if the van moved more than a set distance from a point and if it exceeded a set speed.
The map showing where a van has been parked has always worked.

Believe you'll need to be using the same user profile in the app as you have active in the van. Works fine in my 6.1.

Believe you'll need to be using the same user profile in the app as you have active in the van. Works fine in my 6.1.
Not sure if it has to be the same user, just not a user with the privacy setting turned on.

It's pretty accurate - mine is showing my van currently about 6ft away from where it really is.

Hello @nickb77, I wonder when your van was delivered new, it is the same spec as mine?

I am using the same user profile (I only have one) and We Connect is in all other respects working including S-pin change.

Not sure if it has to be the same user, just not a user with the privacy setting turned on.

It's pretty accurate - mine is showing my van currently about 6ft away from where it really is.
@andyinluton, where is that privacy setting, please?

Hello @nickb77, I wonder when your van was delivered new, it is the same spec as mine?

I am using the same user profile (I only have one) and We Connect is in all other respects working including S-pin change.
Mines a MY2023 same as yours, works exactly the same as my previous MY2020 Ocean and in fact the same as our MY2022 GC

Ok photos attached,
Go to user set up - look at the symbol next to the earth it shows I'm sharing info, if it looks like a man in a hat with glasses it means I am not.

Then go to user profile settings 4th line down Privacy settings

Then choose how much info you want to share.
IMG_5793.jpeg
IMG_5796.jpeg
IMG_5794.jpeg
IMG_5795.jpeg

Works in mine

Mine was built around May 2021

Apologies. Yes. Parking works fine in mine too. Just moving was disabled due to GDPR. I thought the OP was looking for moving tracking.
Thanks, all, in particular @andyinluton for taking time to help me. I am going to have another look at 'Privacy' as per that guidance.

It found my son's Golf GTE when it was stolen!

Back