Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water Tank capacity down to 25L

Thanks WG, do you know if the bottom shelf of the wardrobe is accessible with the safe in place or does the safe have to come out?

Andy yes that all makes sense but it just seems like an unusually large amount of water thats not getting pumped. If it was a small amount I could understand but 3-4L's? If its normal i'll leave it alone but seems a lot of waste.

Last edited:
Have checked and when releasing the red tap a good amount of water came out - probably 3-4L. With the tank completely empty I then put 2L back in. Tried the electric tap - nothing. Released red tap and 2L came back out so pump is definitely not emptying the tank. Which is a bit of an issue for contamination. Is there a way of getting into the tank as I am hoping it will be a simple case of repositioning the pipe which sucks the water up.
Never had a problem with ours. Rinse with Milton if u r that concerned, let it slosh around, switch tap on to clean pipes, then empty tank with red tap job done

Thanks WG, do you know if the bottom shelf of the wardrobe is accessible with the safe in place or does the safe have to come out?

Andy yes that all makes sense but it just seems like an unusually large amount of water thats not getting pumped. If it was a small amount I could understand but 3-4L's? If its normal i'll leave it alone but seems a lot of waste.
I think WG is referring to the rear cupboard not the one with the safe.... If you do take the safe out, let me how you do it!

If you want to look in the fresh watertank you need to get acces in the bottom of the large warderobe left to the fridge .

Wrong Wardrobe, the Rear Wardrobe with shelves, above the gas holder. I call it a Wardrobe, others may call it something else. Nothing to do with the Hanging Wardrobe with the safe in the base.

When i empty may tank, i open the drain tap, remove the filler cap and drive around for a bit.
Then when refilling, i fire the hosepipe in with the drain tap still opened to flush it through a bit more.
Then fill it. I use milton now and again.
When i drain it in winter i always leave the drain tap at 45 degrees in case of freezing.

Has anyone filled their water tank up with anything else like wine or vimto ?

When i empty may tank, i open the drain tap, remove the filler cap and drive around for a bit.
Then when refilling, i fire the hosepipe in with the drain tap still opened to flush it through a bit more.
When i drain it in winter i always leave the drain tap at 45 degrees in case of freezing.

Or whisky?

Quite a lot seem to fill it with diesel :shocked

Okay so I finally got the tank lid off and having fully drained it stuck a camera inside and this is what I found....

IMG_0394[1].JPG IMG_0396[1].JPG

Does anything look out of sorts with regard to the pump?

Surprisingly clean I thought ha!

Okay so I finally got the tank lid off and having fully drained it stuck a camera inside and this is what I found....

View attachment 28299 View attachment 28300

Does anything look out of sorts with regard to the pump?

Surprisingly clean I thought ha!
Very Informative. Didn’t realise the Pump was fitted in a Location Point. Thought it just hung free. Thank you.

Back