Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water pump not working T6.1 Ocean

Mine is getting serviced and they’re investigating this issue. They are going to try replacing the water pump. Will let you know how I get on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They didn’t replace the water pump in the end. Once they had done the software update as part of the service, the issue didn’t recur. They ran a couple of tanks through the tap at various water pressures (ie tap turned on a bit, in the middle, and full) and it flowed fine without cutting out and the error message appearing.
I’ll keep and eye on it and update if it happens again, but I’m cautiously optimistic it might be resolved.

They didn’t replace the water pump in the end. Once they had done the software update as part of the service, the issue didn’t recur. They ran a couple of tanks through the tap at various water pressures (ie tap turned on a bit, in the middle, and full) and it flowed fine without cutting out and the error message appearing.
I’ll keep and eye on it and update if it happens again, but I’m cautiously optimistic it might be resolved.

glad to hear the update sorted the problem. do you have any idea what software update we're talking about here? and how i could tell what software version i'm currently running?

greetings

glad to hear the update sorted the problem. do you have any idea what software update we're talking about here? and how i could tell what software version i'm currently running?

greetings

Afraid I don’t know how to check what software update the van is running at any given time, but the garage (SMG Tonbridge) mentioned it was the update rolled out by VW re pop-up roof. My invoice says “91BQ - S-California T6.1 pop-up roof criterion 1” re the update.

Hope that’s helpful

This (and a few other threads) were of great help, as I've had 3 different issues already with the water system in the California (although mine is a T6). I've learned a few things as I fixed all of them, including replacing the water pump myself, so I decided to document it all in case it helps others. I'm sure some of these will also apply to the T6.1. Here's a first guide on how to identify which problem you are actually experiencing:

https://medium.com/@maxi-mizer/fix-vw-california-ocean-coast-kitchen-water-issues-43a19d0d893a

I hope it helps!

Back