Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water carrier! Frustrating!!

Morganic

Morganic

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I have one of the water carriers sold by the club which attaches to the awning rail.
Unfortunately every time I use it it drops out and I end up with the carrier on my feet.
Seems to me the awning rail insert has either shrunk or is too small. Anyone experienced this and is there a solution please?
Any idea where I might get a new clip please?

We have the same Brandrup one, I think the kador is not truely designed to fit the awning rail. I use it as a support while I'm filling the tank, taking some of the weight of the bottle myself...

Not sure what the Brandrup one uses but for my home made one a large knot in the cord does the job! :thumb

@Bigted ,indeed got a 3D printed hook that goes in the Brandruprail .
I have them , also the inner hooks that go in the kitchen unit tablerail i have of him.

You clould also use one of those screw in things that comes with a roof topper (that is if you own one ) to hang things on.

When using the Brandrup water filler, be careful not to grit on it because you can end up scratching the window. I ended up wrapping a towel around it.
I've now got over the whole problem by not using using it, and resorting back to using a conventional water container and a funnel hanging from the rail.

Back