Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Waste Tank Slow to Drain

BerndRos

BerndRos

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
When opening the stop cock my waste tank is only trickling out as it drains. This is the second time it's happened on my 2010 Cali, first time they replaced the stop cock under warranty.

Have tried using bicarbonate of soda to get things moving to no avail. Any ideas....?....has any one else had this issue...?

Thanks

Silly question... apologies in advance... Have you taken the plug out of the sink?

I only ask due to the fact ours barely empties at all with the plug still in...

Rgds
Mark

Yes....it's slow with the plug out as well. Apart from the sink plug hole, is there any other air vent to the waste tank that could be blocked.......

You could try squirting some water from a hose up the drain pipe, i.e. back into the holding tank. If your slow drainage is caused by some (semi-)solid crud blocking the outlet this may well break it up - or at least push it back into the holding tank at which point your soda may be better able to dissolve it.
Have tried using bicarbonate of soda to get things moving

I'm not sure that bicarb will do much. Normally I use caustic soda (take care while using) to clear sink wastes and drains.

Martin

To work bi-carb needs to be with vinegar, they react and clear most blockages in pipes but don't think it would work in a tank. Too much dilution.
On a side note did you know that if you mix bi-carb with superglue it sets rock hard and you can drill, tap, file, shape, fill or where ever your imagination takes you. It is amazing how it can get you out of the s h one t in an emergency.

The drain tap itself has a pretty narrow bore... any smudge down the sink will eventually block the drain of your waste water tank.

To resolve the waste water drain issue read Lewis' entry in this older thread. His method has worked for us several times already. Be careful with chemical unstoppers; the tank is plastic, the drain tap is copper, usually not a good idea to use too aggressive stuff on them.

For a long term solution: replace the small bore drain tap with a wider bore tap. Smudge will flush out more easily.

The drain tap itself has a pretty narrow bore... any smudge down the sink will eventually block the drain of your waste water tank.

To resolve the waste water drain issue read Lewis' entry in this older thread. His method has worked for us several times already. Be careful with chemical unstoppers; the tank is plastic, the drain tap is copper, usually not a good idea to use too aggressive stuff on them.

For a long term solution: replace the small bore drain tap with a wider bore tap. Smudge will flush out more easily.
Hey Mate, do you have any photos or ideas how to change the bore drain tap to a wider tap ?

Hey Mate, do you have any photos or ideas how to change the bore drain tap to a wider tap ?
No, sorry, we never did it. But I would think any plumber would be able to help you?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met behulp van Tapatalk

Back