Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Warranty work Repairs Needed!

Ijkelly

Ijkelly

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
While washing my new camper van only 4 months in from collecting from Liverpool dealers I've noticed rust stains around the pop up roof, on more investigating I've realise its the rubber seal has failed internally which in turn has corroded the steel grip inside the seal ,and stained the aluminium roof.
it needs booking in for a new pop up roof seal replacing.
Ive used T cut to remove the stains and sealer as a temp repair till its resolved
ill let you know how it goes when is been done. Its booked into the sheffield van centre

IMG_8644.jpg

IMG_8744.jpg

IMG_8745.jpg

IMG_8746.jpg

IMG_8748.jpg

IMG_8750.jpg

IMG_8751.jpg

A known fault with the metal in the rubber edging seal. Tape on roof edge was introduced back in 2016/17 to stop it damaging the roof. VW have never gone to stainless steel gripper or another alloy solution.

Makes for a question as to how long your Cali sat out prior to leaving the factory.

Hi everyone,update on roof seal booked into dealers and left overnight as seal ordered for next day.
Seal fitted day after,plus engine firmware update
All good up to now.

We had this on our T6.1 too, but we noticed it because when you looked across the roof at the front edge there were some raised areas of the seal where the metal strip had rusted and expanded a bit. Listers in Coventry sorted under warranty no problem.

Back