Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Warning light

C

callyvan

Driving up from Hertfordshire to Manchester today got a warning light on, book says it is catalytic converter. Called VW assist they said ok to continue get dealer to check it, anybody any ideas, is it really ok to drive?

VW assist generally know their stuff, I'd take it to van centre as soon as pos.

That is my intention, but on a 3 day course in Manchester, then need to drive back. Fingers crossed I guess.

You could take it to Manchester Van Centre in Trafford Park before you drive home.

Can't vw assist fix it? Would be much more convenient for you and save you the worry of having to drive with a warning light on.
They came out to me when I had a light on was only an exhaust temperature sensor in the end.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Freeley said:
Can't vw assist fix it? Would be much more convenient for you and save you the worry of having to drive with a warning light on.
They came out to me when I had a light on was only an exhaust temperature sensor in the end.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I've had the engine management light on, called roadside assist out, but he could not fix had to go to dealer, was oxygen sensor.

Thanks to you all for advice. I would have tried local dealer but I am here on a course for three days 9-5. Will take the chance on return trip and call VW assist again if s... happens.

Just had the same problem.

Had to go back to the dealer this week to put the Cali on the computer. This downloads a log which tell the tech what is wrong. Ours was also an intermittent exhaust temp sensor. Nothing wrong with the Cali as such, and safe to drive.

I assume the Assist team don't have the computing power on board all their vans.

AlanC said:
Just had the same problem.

Had to go back to the dealer this week to put the Cali on the computer. This downloads a log which tell the tech what is wrong. Ours was also an intermittent exhaust temp sensor. Nothing wrong with the Cali as such, and safe to drive.

I assume the Assist team don't have the computing power on board all their vans.

Yes most Roadside Assist guys have computer & can do diagnostics. I think OP spoke to them on phone & was advised OK to drive to dealer.

Back