Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

wardrobe rail maximum weight

acer

acer

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Does anyone have any ideas on the maximum advisable weight the wardrobe hanging rail can handle? Has anyone ever broken one?

3 tee shirts, 2 skirts, 2 pairs of running capri's, a fleece jacket and a smart casual jacket is current contents. Unbowed and unbroken.

We have never had a weight issue either, but we found you do need to be careful as a lightweight item in ours got caught in the plastic blind that slides into that cupboard. It then caused the blind to come off its runners, damaging the black film on the small window above the fridge it covers. I managed to fix the blind as although the dealer was prepared to, they wanted to take the whole kitchen out!

3 tee shirts, 2 skirts, 2 pairs of running capri's, a fleece jacket and a smart casual jacket is current contents. Unbowed and unbroken.
A family of four might aim to challenge that rail a little more if visiting Scotland for a week.

We have never had a weight issue either, but we found you do need to be careful as a lightweight item in ours got caught in the plastic blind that slides into that cupboard. It then caused the blind to come off its runners, damaging the black film on the small window above the fridge it covers. I managed to fix the blind as although the dealer was prepared to, they wanted to take the whole kitchen out!
Good point. I can see that clothes might foul on the wardrobe door too.

We never use the wardrobe as a wardrobe clothes stay in a his and hers bag/soft case seems to work for us

I had a rain coat, padded gilet, dressing gown and heavy wax Barbour hanging on mine for a week in March with no problems.
Maud

Back