Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wales trip

C

C&HinNorwich

VIP Member
We are off to Wales next weekend for a fortnight :grin:

Just the two of us and the dog, want to keep it fairly cheap so a mix of wild camping, certified sites and and the odd club site(members of both)

No sites booked yet but we are thinking of north and west coast with a walk up Snowden

Just wondering if anyone knows any good sites or places not to miss? Suggestions gratefully received

Let us know how you get on this is also my plan for August :thumb :thumb

If you're willing to go in land a little, I can thoroughly recommend Bala.

A stunning location, ideal for walking and Watersports on Lake Bala itself... Lovely pubs and a good base for heading off into the wilderness.

Incredible scenery.

I think we stayed at the C&CC site last time we were there... Small, very friendly with good, clean facilities.

http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co ... px?id=6020

Rgds

Mark

Head over to Abersoch, best time of year now and sept!!

Not too busy and things are open.

Tyn-y-fan (I think its called, close to centre) or Sea view are nice. Sarn Bach is good to but a bit of a walk into the centre.

Lovely beaches at Hells Mouth, Abersoch main beach, whistling sands and a couple of others I cannot spell!!

And if your a prisioner fan then that's over that way to, you'll pass it if you come over the Langollen pass (recomended) and through to Bed Gelert.

excuse my bad spelling, I struggle saying the places let alone spelling them right!!

If your planning to go in the summer, book now!! it get's busy.

I live in North Wales and with my work travelled to every single corner of the place, ITS BEAUTIFUL and appreciate why lonely planet called it one of the best regions in the world ( https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....planet-2017-lonely-planet-best-in-travel-list)

However, Places like aberscoh, pwllheli, porthmadog etc are lovely BUT ABSOLUTELY packed this time of the year so get there early to get a parking space and enjoy it before every cafe and attraction gets crammed. There are some glorius hidden places in North Wales and lots of 'secret' beaches, an OS map will show you all the the hidden beaches and attractions, and most importantly over Google maps, how to get to them ;-)

If you like the hustle and bustle of lovely but packed places, then, pwllheli, portmadog, llandudno, felinheli, bala, beaumaris, Conwy, Betws y coed to name but a few. North wales is absolutely crammed with lovely campsites, tooo many to list! The most famous campsite in North/ mid wales is Shell island!!!!! Right on the beach and absolutely MASSIVE, 300 acres!! http://www.shellisland.co.uk/index.html

There are so many places to see and do so the first thing i would recommend is get to a tourist information office, you will be literally spoilt for choice what to do here all depending on your tastes.

If you like gardens, then Bondant gardens in Conwy (national trust) is just out of this world!!!!!

However, 2 x drives you HAVE to do in you Cali as they are spectaular are 1.) the A5 road from Betws Y Coed through Snowdonia mountain range, turn left at Capel Curig on the A4086 and then join A498 and; 2.) Horsehshoe pass. Seen them a million times, and still takes my breath away!

Welcome to North Wales, have a lovely and beautiful time!

Back