Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Waiting on our Cali in a freezing Stockholm

M&B+2

M&B+2

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
My wife and I spent most of last year searching for the right used Cali Beach. They're rare here in Sweden, so we were planning on Germany. We had to postpone our plans because of a move and the Covid situation and instead of buying one there we decided to order a new one! It's supposed to come in march or april and we're so excited!

We hope it'll take us and our two children on many trips to the mountains, the sea, spontaneous trips to where ever and hopefully also on surfing trips to Portugal.

We're looking forward to sharing ideas here on California Club about what equipment to buy and not and the dos and don'ts as a Cali owner!

Cheers!Screenshot_2021-02-04 Volkswagen California 6 1 Campingbil med två rum och kök.png

Hi M&B+2,

Welcome here and congratulations on getting a Cali. You'll love it, as will the kids! Driving a Cali through Sweden is one of my preferred ways of spending a holiday, for you it will be daily life! :)
Hope you have great times with it and that the time untill march/april passes quickly.

Welcome here
So the fun begins in just a few weeks and planning trips can start right now (IMO part of the fun!)
Enjoy your new van, we never regret it to travel with it (fam of 3).
Happy camping

:welcome Not long to wait now. You should have it just in time for enjoying the spring weather.

Nice!

If VW has not told you and I do not think they have, is that Californian is built for the European bottle CAMPINGAZ 907, the regulator that comes with the car is adapted for butane and not LPG (Gasol). The 907 bottle fits directly in the gas compartment. The supplier I know of in Stockholm is FOGAS AB in Älvsjö.

The Swedish LPG bottle 2012 does not fit without me using force and I don't want to do that, some claim that it works well. The Gasol 2012 bottle is a few millimeters larger in circumference and does not pass the gas line in my gas compartment. I have not engaged more in that question as I am happy with what I have. My california is one from 2012 so things may have happened in the meantime.

In addition, a "Porta Potti 335" can be a good thing to have, it fits well in the front cabinet.

Then you can consider shelves in the closet, it works well as a pantry with the right decor.

Everything is individual and the best advice is probably to try and find your own use cases. Just ask that what the forum is for.

/Christer

Hi M&B+2,

Welcome here and congratulations on getting a Cali. You'll love it, as will the kids! Driving a Cali through Sweden is one of my preferred ways of spending a holiday, for you it will be daily life! :)
Hope you have great times with it and that the time untill march/april passes quickly.
We actually know some people from the Netherlands who own a California and moved to Sweden. Sounds good that you to enjoy the Cali in Sweden!

Welcome here
So the fun begins in just a few weeks and planning trips can start right now (IMO part of the fun!)
Enjoy your new van, we never regret it to travel with it (fam of 3).
Happy camping
Sounds good! Happy camping to you too!

Nice!

If VW has not told you and I do not think they have, is that Californian is built for the European bottle CAMPINGAZ 907, the regulator that comes with the car is adapted for butane and not LPG (Gasol). The 907 bottle fits directly in the gas compartment. The supplier I know of in Stockholm is FOGAS AB in Älvsjö.

The Swedish LPG bottle 2012 does not fit without me using force and I don't want to do that, some claim that it works well. The Gasol 2012 bottle is a few millimeters larger in circumference and does not pass the gas line in my gas compartment. I have not engaged more in that question as I am happy with what I have. My california is one from 2012 so things may have happened in the meantime.

In addition, a "Porta Potti 335" can be a good thing to have, it fits well in the front cabinet.

Then you can consider shelves in the closet, it works well as a pantry with the right decor.

Everything is individual and the best advice is probably to try and find your own use cases. Just ask that what the forum is for.

/Christer
Tack! Mycket användbar info. Vi har funderat på Porta Potti. Ska vänta ett tag och utvärdera om vi tycker att vi behöver den.

Tack! Mycket användbar info. Vi har funderat på Porta Potti. Ska vänta ett tag och utvärdera om vi tycker att vi behöver den.
If you kids are small a porta potti could make camping a whole lot easier, and make you more independent of facilities on site, so potentially opening up a lot more of your wonderful scenery...

We actually know some people from the Netherlands who own a California and moved to Sweden. Sounds good that you to enjoy the Cali in Sweden!
Sounds like very wise people. If only I could convince my girlfriend to come with me ;-). No seriously, I would! Today!

Congratulations!
You must be counting the days! Try not to loose too much sleep!
Welcome. Your new adventures are not so far away.