Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Waiting forever!!

• Thread starter Pat and John Allchurch
  • Start date
Pat and John Allchurch

Pat and John Allchurch

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
We ordered out cali in August 2021 and were very excited when the dealer contacted us at the beginning of October to say we will have it by the end of the month. However there is still no sign. Apparently it is built but is stranded at the port in Germany awaiting shipping. To the best of our knowledge it’s been there for about 10 days. Has anyone else had this problem? We can’t understand why they can’t give us a shipping date. It’s beginning to feel like it’s never going to happen

• Welcome
Reactions: Sad
We ordered out cali in August 2021 and were very excited when the dealer contacted us at the beginning of October to say we will have it by the end of the month. However there is still no sign. Apparently it is built but is stranded at the port in Germany awaiting shipping. To the best of our knowledge it’s been there for about 10 days. Has anyone else had this problem? We can’t understand why they can’t give us a shipping date. It’s beginning to feel like it’s never going to happen
Join the Club.

That’s not too unusual. Ours was built by about 17th December last year, it got to the dealer at the end of January. Christmas might have had an effect but there have been many people reporting 3 to 6 weeks “in transit”. The good news is that when it arrives at the UK port of entry, VW UK have a commitment to to get it registered (ie handed over) within 14 days. The dealers have no control or visibility over this, so it’s a waste of time pestering them, but should be able to tell you when the van lands in the UK.

That’s not too unusual. Ours was built by about 17th December last year, it got to the dealer at the end of January. Christmas might have had an effect but there have been many people reporting 3 to 6 weeks “in transit”. The good news is that when it arrives at the UK port of entry, VW UK have a commitment to to get it registered (ie handed over) within 14 days. The dealers have no control or visibility over this, so it’s a waste of time pestering them, but should be able to tell you when the van lands in the UK.
Thank you. We will calm down and wait patiently. At least it’s not the start of summer!

hi Pat and John ,our journeys been like yours ordered sept 2021 built and on dock in Germany 4 weeks ago and in dock at Uk for another 2 weeks.
journey almost over, hoping to have it this week :thumb

Did hear that some delays at port are down to waiting for the tow bar to be fitted, not sure if you have this option.

My vehicle took 3 weeks to build, then an agonising 7 weeks for the journey from factory to dealer.

It's not stranded per sey, it's just in the process. When a car/van comes off a production line and has had it's final checks it is moved into a vast car park ready to be scheduled onto a boat. That scheduling depends on a lot of things - how many vehicles are in the car park, where the next boats coming in are sailing to, etc etc. Being sat there for some weeks is not unusual. The dealer can't give you a shipping date because they don't know one (neither really does the port - schedules change last minute all the time) - but they should know when it is on one because the status will change.

Yep. Same here. 4 weeks ago dealer said it was built and would be with them in 2-3 weeks. Still no sign. Dealer just said “it’s not arrived in uk yet and it’s out of our hands”, so I’m guessing it’s at the German port. Very frustrating. Then again we’ve waited over 2 years in total so what’s a few more weeks!

Yep. Same here. 4 weeks ago dealer said it was built and would be with them in 2-3 weeks. Still no sign. Dealer just said “it’s not arrived in uk yet and it’s out of our hands”, so I’m guessing it’s at the German port. Very frustrating. Then again we’ve waited over 2 years in total so what’s a few more weeks!
My guess is it will be with you very soon. Our wait post-build was 7 weeks.

Not sure if this is lucky or not but we ordered back in march with a guaranteed after January build and delivery, Yesterday got an e-mail from dealer "the vans at a UK port should be with us in a week or so" at least you had a little time to sort your stuff out before it tuns up. Now we have financial things to sort and a vehicle to dispose of none of which should have started till early next year. Pardon the pun but they seem like buses never around when you want them, but all turn up together!

We've all shared your agony. Hang in there - it will be sooooo worth it.

Don’t be sad…we were the same but last week it arrived after 14 months. The ship won’t sale until it’s full..the dealership has no control, but it’s built and out the factory…take heart…it’s definitely on its way !

F0EA28C2-3150-4C1F-89A8-0927C2199702.jpeg

Well its happened to me today...Ordered Nov 22 and got the call from my dealer that its arrived in the UK and will be soon on its final leg to the dealer, so possibly available to collect within the next couple of weeks. The last year has been like white noise where sometimes I've forgotten I have ordered...reality has hit home today as if someone has just hit 'the big red button' ! Now I've gotta pay for it! :)

Well its happened to me today...Ordered Nov 22 and got the call from my dealer that its arrived in the UK and will be soon on its final leg to the dealer, so possibly available to collect within the next couple of weeks. The last year has been like white noise where sometimes I've forgotten I have ordered...reality has hit home today as if someone has just hit 'the big red button' ! Now I've gotta pay for it! :)
I mean Ordered a year ago Nov 21!

Just to follow up ours arrived at the dealer today! Finance sort out and the insurance minefield next .

Don’t be sad…we were the same but last week it arrived after 14 months. The ship won’t sale until it’s full..the dealership has no control, but it’s built and out the factory…take heart…it’s definitely on its way !

View attachment 101743
Congratulations! And welcome to the club.
Nice 2-tone/wheel combo too :thumb

NFU seem to be the way forward by far the cheapest and no tracker requirement! just need to triple check the details!

Our Fortana Beach Camper was ready for collection at Breeze last Tuesday 8/11/22 but we are still waiting up north for the birth of our grandchild before the adventure south to collect....unless there is a volunteer/stand-in to help us out and collect? No? Thank goodness, we want the experience all to ourselves, sorry for being selfish!!

Our Fortana Beach Camper was ready for collection at Breeze last Tuesday 8/11/22 but we are still waiting up north for the birth of our grandchild before the adventure south to collect....unless there is a volunteer/stand-in to help us out and collect? No? Thank goodness, we want the experience all to ourselves, sorry for being selfish!!
They were I think, for a time during covid, offering free delivery on new vehicles. I wonder if your special circumstances might allow them to offer you that now.
I can understand though how a train south and a couple of camps going back north would be an attractive start to your relationship with another new member of your family...

They were I think, for a time during covid, offering free delivery on new vehicles. I wonder if your special circumstances might allow them to offer you that now.
I can understand though how a train south and a couple of camps going back north would be an attractive start to your relationship with another new member of your family...
Agree - Swansway Liverpool offered to deliver if we wished earlier this year. We opted to pick up in person though.