Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Vw Emission Scandal

Did I say I claimed for compensation or would be getting any compensation from VW?
Let see. No. I didn't. You just assumed I did. I'm not.

But I'll tell you what - I'll give the VW compo I won't be getting to HMRC if you return your cost-of-living council tax rebates and fuel allowances. Is that fair?
Touchy, Touchy.
It was HMRC that was defrauded by owners of such vehicles paying less VED than they should have, but the owners are getting the compensation.
Anyone would think the Government had its own money to play with.

Touchy, Touchy.
It was HMRC that was defrauded by owners of such vehicles paying less VED than they should have, but the owners are getting the compensation.
Anyone would think the Government had its own money to play with.
Maybe HMRC needs to present VW with a whopping great big bill?
or tax VW disproportionately against future sales vs other compliant manufacturers ? (That’s not going to happen )

The average punter who bought a VW Diesel has nothing to be ashamed of If they choose to claim, that’s how Karma works.

Did I say I claimed for compensation or would be getting any compensation from VW?
Let see. No. I didn't. You just assumed I did. I'm not.

But I'll tell you what - I'll give the VW compo I won't be getting to HMRC if you return your cost-of-living council tax rebates and fuel allowances. Is that fair?
You need to understand a little about economics.
Who's paying for the VW compensation in the end. All those who bought VW Group cars subsequently throught the multitude of price rises including the California.

Who is paying for the Government Energy/Cost of living grants/Payments , the General Public/Tax Payers. Even the Windfall tax on the Energy Companies profits is ultimately paid for by the General Public through increased pump prices and even increased Government borrowing, both capital and interest, is paid for by the public.

You need to understand a little about economics.
Who's paying for the VW compensation in the end. All those who bought VW Group cars subsequently throught the multitude of price rises including the California.

Who is paying for the Government Energy/Cost of living grants/Payments , the General Public/Tax Payers. Even the Windfall tax on the Energy Companies profits is ultimately paid for by the General Public through increased pump prices and even increased Government borrowing, both capital and interest, is paid for by the public.
There you go making assumptions again claiming I know nothing about economics.

I think you come across as a condescending know-it-all bully with some of your arrogant posts.

I think you come across as a condescending know-it-all bully with some of your arrogant posts.
Touchy Touchy. Well if you did you wouldn't have made such statements.

And you're statement " By the way, the emissions data (or at least, the compliance to a published standard) did play a part in my decision to buy that vehicle. It wasn't the main factor but it did contribute."

I'm sure it did, but was it honestly due to the published lower Emission figures or the fact that the VED was lower?

Last edited:
That’s actually spelled Touché, touché.
Definition of touchy

1 : marked by readiness to take offense on slight provocation he's a little touchy about his past. 2 : calling for tact, care, or caution in treatment a touchy subject. 3a of a body part : acutely sensitive or irritable. b of a chemical : highly explosive or inflammable.

I really wouldn’t waste your breath. We know exactly what you mean.
It’s always the usual suspects that try and intimidate.

I really wouldn’t waste your breath. We know exactly what you mean.
It’s always the usual suspects that try and intimidate.
That makes two of you then.

If anybody wonders how WG has racked up over 20,000 messages, there’s the answer. Most of them are like the above, zero information insults aimed at other forum members. A former moderator has said that this situation is tolerated because these unfortunate posts by the “usual suspects,” the moderator’s term, come from people who have in the past made positive contributions to the forum. The pity is that with these posts WG has, once again, effectively killed a very interesting thread.

Last edited:
The friendly forum???????????????. Sad.

If anybody wonders how WG has racked up over 20,000 messages, there’s the answer. Most of them are like the above, zero information insults aimed at other forum members. A former moderator has said that this situation is tolerated because these unfortunate posts by the “usual suspects,” the moderator’s term, come from people who have in the past made positive contributions to the forum. The pity is that with these posts WG has, once again, effectively killed a very interesting thread.
How do I rack up 21k messages? Stay permanently logged on for 8 years and comment on everything regardless whether you can make an honest contribution or not. Insult everyone that doesn’t agree with you. Oh yes and the best bit smoking doesn’t cause cancer and the 180 doesn’t have a bad reputation for using oil.

How do I rack up 21k messages? Stay permanently logged on for 8 years and comment on everything regardless whether you can make an honest contribution or not. Insult everyone that doesn’t agree with you. Oh yes and the best bit smoking doesn’t cause cancer and the 180 doesn’t have a bad reputation for using oil.
Trying to help people with their problems and proving that NOT all 180s are rubbish that some insist on without any valid evidence.
Your posts and the clarinet players are prime examples of troll posts by people who take delight in rubbishing others and posting inaccurate comments as they know no better and cannot offer evidence based counter arguments.
As regards Lung Cancer, Tobacco smoking is but one cause:
But of cause you, with the clarinet player , fail to quote everything, just the bit that suits you.

How do I rack up 21k messages?
You could start off by not keep popping up as a new member ;)
You might be half way there then.

This ozzy Pete is the fourth reinvention of you that I've counted so far.:D

You could start off by not keep popping up as a new member ;)
You might be half way there then.

This ozzy Pete is the fourth reinvention of you that I've counted so far.:D
I didn’t realise you cared so much... sorry but I’m married, To a woman.....10 years as a member of a camper van forum must be a world record..

Trying to help people with their problems and proving that NOT all 180s are rubbish that some insist on without any valid evidence.
Your posts and the clarinet players are prime examples of troll posts by people who take delight in rubbishing others and posting inaccurate comments as they know no better and cannot offer evidence based counter arguments.
As regards Lung Cancer, Tobacco smoking is but one cause:
But of cause you, with the clarinet player , fail to quote everything, just the bit that suits you.
Whatever......

I didn’t realise you cared so much... sorry but I’m married, To a woman.....10 years as a member of a camper van forum must be a world record..
Yadda yadda yadda :)
Haven't a clue what your on about ...

I feel little sympathy for VW, had the emissions 'workaround' not been spotted, they would no doubt still be doing it today to the detriment of local air quality. As it is we now have vehicles that are more expensive to run than they should be (for example, the constant regens to keep the particulate filter clear) and secondhand values will eventually take a hit as Low Emissions Zones become the norm.

Back