Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Vw Emission Scandal

My neighbour couldn't believe his luck when he received that payout
3yrs ago for his 2013 golf gtd.

He does organic farming with tractors from the 60's puffing out black
smoke everywhere :)

Do you need to be the first owner…?
What happens if you bought the vehicle at 12/24months old?

I really don’t know but I assume so. I’ve not really taken any notice of it until today. Filled in a claim form and I’ll see what happens!

I’ve just found this on a quick Google search, but haven’t read through it yet…

A230EDF4-78D5-48D7-A42E-26842C38850E.jpeg

3 vans all bought used over that period.
2008 T5
2012 Beach
2017 Ocean

I don’t believe the Transporter was affected.
That was my understanding as well when the issue came up a few years ago when I put reg in a claim checker.

Today I received an email to say that the claim had been accepted by VW and that I will be receiving a cheque in the next couple of weeks.

I registered with Slater and Gordon about 3 years ago with an Audi A4 that I bought new, I sold the car before registering, when this first came to light. It has been a long drawn out case, with periodic updates from the legal team.

Slater and Gordon closed for new claimants some time ago when it hit the courts so that a value could be put on the claim.

Since the case progressed there are many more companies offering registration. Their % proportion of any payout has increased. When I registered, it was 30%.

Now to find something to treat myself with this new money!!

I wonder if any of this will actually come to anything. I suppose it’s worth a try though, nothing to lose.

I had a Touran Diesel in 2013 that had the effected engine but I hadn’t bothered signing up until todays ruling! Has anyone else on here applied?
Yes my Wife did when the first Legal claim was instigated. VW put up every delay and counter claim possible over the many years of legal process.
After legal costs, which are as usual considerable, we have been advised that a cheque will be coming in due course. £1,700 which will go towards the Velux windows exterior shutters for our Normandy cottage.
Car was a 2009 EOS TDi.

Are you sure? I know Multivans were affected in mainland europe..

I put my details in the Leigh Day site, via moneysavingexpert. Apparently I have a claim ?

Are there any considerations before signing up via Leigh Day or similar?

Apparently my 2018 Beach T6 150bhp is eligible. I do feel that the actions of VW have hastened the current diesel restrictions, i.e. ULEZ in cities and low emissions neighbourhoods.

For info

Anyone now thinking of submitting a claim you will have to be able to produce the original purchase invoice and payment receipt.

VW were wrong, VW got fined. But how many owners based their buying decisions on the false Emissions Data published for the affected vehicles?
If the number got to double figures I would be very surprised. Its " get rich Lawyers " at their finest. And yet people complain about new vehicle price rises - and don't see any connection between the two.

VW were wrong, VW got fined. But how many owners based their buying decisions on the false Emissions Data published for the affected vehicles?
If the number got to double figures I would be very surprised. Its " get rich Lawyers " at their finest. And yet people complain about new vehicle price rises - and don't see any connection between the two.
Emission figures were pretty much part of our decision making process as was the then Gov. incentive to go Diesel as "less polluting".
VED rates were linked to that Emission figure which VW provided unrealistic figures for.

Emission figures were pretty much part of our decision making process as was the then Gov. incentive to go Diesel as "less polluting".
VED rates were linked to that Emission figure which VW provided unrealistic figures for.
So you paid lower VED rates because VW fiddled the figures and now you expect compensation for paying those lower VED rates.
So, if you are one of these successful claimants and get compensation will you pay some of that compensation to the Government for unwittingly paying lower VED rates for your years of ownership?
Somehow I guess that will never enter the minds of successful claimants? Is that not fraud whether commited knowingly or unknowingly?

It's not just about buying decisions. When I sold my Skoda, which was affected by this, the dealership that purchased it told me their valuation was lower than it should have been because of VW's con.

By the way, the emissions data (or at least, the compliance to a published standard) did play a part in my decision to buy that vehicle. It wasn't the main factor but it did contribute.

It serves VW right for being deceitful liars.

It's not just about buying decisions. When I sold my Skoda, which was affected by this, the dealership that purchased it told me their valuation was lower than it should have been because of VW's con.

By the way, the emissions data (or at least, the compliance to a published standard) did play a part in my decision to buy that vehicle. It wasn't the main factor but it did contribute.

It serves VW right for being deceitful liars.
So you’ll be paying the difference in VED that you underpaid to DVLA, I presume?

So you’ll be paying the difference in VED that you underpaid to DVLA, I presume?
Did I say I claimed for compensation or would be getting any compensation from VW?
Let see. No. I didn't. You just assumed I did. I'm not.

But I'll tell you what - I'll give the VW compo I won't be getting to HMRC if you return your cost-of-living council tax rebates and fuel allowances. Is that fair?

Back