Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW DSG 4 Motion with Parking Sensor + Diff Lock

M

MarkW

VIP Member
Hi All,

I'm currently evaluating the California and whether to take the plunge.

May I ask a question having read through many posts and am a tad confused.

Can you have both front and rear parking sensors (+camera) on the DSG 4 motion? (previous posts suggest only rear parking sensors - why?).

I also saw that people were ordering diff lock (has this changed and become electronic only)?

Some of the posts were over a year old so I wasn't sure if things had changed.

thanks,

Mark

Hello

You didn't used to be able to get front PDC with 4-motion, not sure why?? But Ive just ordered my new kombi which is 4-motion DSG with front and rear parking sensors. And the diff lock is no longer standard, with 4-motion you have to pay for it. :thumb

Thanks Oli...

I can't see it in the brochure do you know the cost and what value it would add?

The travel pack includes F&R sensors and camera. I have ordered it for my DSG 4 motion.

Yea I saw that but couldn't see the value if front parking sensors weren't order able (which it seems they are now).

Is diff lock and privacy glass in anyone's brochure (I can only see the privacy glass in a camping pack) ?

I have not seen a diff lock listed anywhere.

Hi
I am also researching a similar spec vehicle, when I approached a dealership to acquire the latest brochure there were none available . However they were all too pleased to print out no less than six pages of options with the appropriate codes.
"1Y4 ( NEW ) differential lock ( 4MOTION only, not with lane change assist) Basic price £450,Total RRP inc VAT £540 " is on the list.
A bit strange really as everything else listed in my loose page format has made its way into the new brochure including all the new packages with revised prices ?
So to sum up the code " 1 Y 4 " quoted to your supplying dealer may provide the answer,hope this helps.
Regards :thumb

Thanks for the reply...

I assume that privacy glass only also appears on your printed out sheets?

Do I assume that the brochure I have (which is the same as the PDF I have entitled California & Caddy Maxi Camper July 2012 is null and void)?

Is there anyway you can scan and display or email the 6 printed pages you have?

Thank you...

Quite strange how the spec randomly changes - that's a lot of money for what was the standard option of Diff lock!
I've only "needed" from parking sensors once (you're sat right at the front of the van when driving) but it's still odd you weren't "allowed" them when we got ours.

Jenny - your van sounds like it will be rather tasty!

Kernowlad..

You might see it if you are still around Kernow :D

It's maiden voyage will be from Lands End around the 2nd week of January, a few dsays just to get everything right on it, following the coast to Bude.

It's got things on it that I have never even heard of, Neva wheels? I wanted tyres, but there you go .... :lol: Lane change assist? ... doesn't everyone just stay in the outside lane? :oops: :oops:

At least the champagne in the fridge is an optional extra that I have to supply myself ...

Hi Mark,

I have a DSG 4Motion delivered in June and it has the F + R parking sensors but not the camera, although it was an option. I also have the diff lock, although that was an option too. Can't say what the 2014 spec is but all you want were definitely available a few months ago

FF

GrannyJen said:
Kernowlad..

You might see it if you are still around Kernow :D

It's maiden voyage will be from Lands End around the 2nd week of January, a few dsays just to get everything right on it, following the coast to Bude.

It's got things on it that I have never even heard of, Neva wheels? I wanted tyres, but there you go .... :lol: Lane change assist? ... doesn't everyone just stay in the outside lane? :oops: :oops:

At least the champagne in the fridge is an optional extra that I have to supply myself ...

We are in Polzeath so you're likely to pass us!

Hi there,
We pick up our new 4 motion Cali in September complete with front and rear parking sensors and rear parking camera. For obvious reasons the display when reverse gear is engaged does not show the distance info as per the front parking sensors but the audio warning sounds and there is visual overlay on the screen for approx distance off of objects.
The diff lock option was also chosen and as far as i can see is electronic. Whether it is in the form of a braking action on freely rotating wheel or a solenoid/hydraulic operated locking diff I am unable to determine as yet.

Dennis & Aly

Hi,

I found this on YouTube...

It would be nice to know if the switch with electo-mechanical diff lock still exists on the latest models or this has been superseded...watching the video you feel you'd definitely want it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax0wiDMzF0E

Users comments posted in response to the video:
My understanding is that the VW 4Motion has Haldex couplings front and rear which with electronic sensing automatically balances traction on all 4 wheels with preference for the front drive ones. However if there is wheel spin with no traction to the front, then full power can be sent to the rear, but if one of those also spins with no traction as shown in the video then the rear electro-mechanical diff lock can be engaged via the switch, giving 100% power to both rear wheels. They also have EDL

Back