Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW California Edition in Bronze Metallic

Always good to see in the flesh outside rather than a computer screen, hopefully anybody considering this colour will benefit from this.

Popular colour among the Ford Ranger community

VW California Edition 2021 in all over Bronze Metallic, new paint added to the configuration

What do you think ?

View attachment 74280

View attachment 74281

View attachment 74282

View attachment 74283
Great wheels. Less keen on the colour and stickers. We don’t get the ‘Edition’ in the U.K. - is it similar to the U.K. sports package ie black Springfield’s, darker tinted living glass, laminated cab glass, black wing mirrors and b-pillars and a black undertray (visible front, sides and rear)?

Edition specs have a black roof, when parked and roof up it complements the colour chosen
Interesting, I’ve never heard of a black roof. You can’t see it in the photos. Do you have a pic? Do you get an undertray in ‘Edition’ spec? I can’t see that either, but this is as close as I’ve come to seeing one (black on the red Sports, silver on the grey Style)25711A98-3E23-4BF9-A3F9-5821F0249116.jpeg

Great wheels. Less keen on the colour and stickers. We don’t get the ‘Edition’ in the U.K. - is it similar to the U.K. sports package ie black Springfield’s, darker tinted living glass, laminated cab glass, black wing mirrors and b-pillars and a black undertray (visible front, sides and rear)?
Not sure on the UK sports package but the Edition spec in Europe is very popular, waiting times now Feb 22

Not sure on the UK sports package but the Edition spec in Europe is very popular, waiting times now Feb 22
What does Edition include, and cost?

This vehicle cost €74k, Edition spec comes with LED lights, chrome pack, choice of alloy wheels 18“, privacy and thermal glass pack, Sun canopy, Bright Oak interior, Colour coded wing mirrors, Comfort mattress, Fog / Cornering lamps, extra interior lighting, Discover Media streaming and internet,

Extra options added, digital cockpit, metallic bronze paint, 2nd seat rail 5th seat, electric mirrors, 80l tank, light assist, wooden floor

Like the black wheels, not the Bronze colour or the edition sticker.

Looks good but is a black roof worse for keeping the California cool?
No, the edition has the thermic glass option that will come into play before the roof sticker... as a rental company the question we get asked constantly here in the South of France is does the AC work parked up.... something that VW should look into for the future without having to run the engine !!

What does Edition include, and cost?
I picked up my Beach Tour Edition in Aug 20 in Germany.
The Edition pack was around 6,000€ on top of base price and included:
  • Step lighting with "EDITION" lettering
  • LED headlights and tinted LED taillights
  • Radiator grille, painted black, with five chrome strips
  • Decorative film with "EDITION" lettering on the side skirts and on the rear
  • Gloss black roof and exterior mirror housings
  • 17-inch “Aracaju” alloy wheels in black with a high-sheen finish
  • B-pillar in high-gloss black
  • Black awning rail
Very happy with how It looks and mainly went for it for the LED lights although expense way to go about getting them with a few cosmetic changes and different alloys thrown in!

Not tried out if roof hot over the summer yet for sleeping!

I picked up my Beach Tour Edition in Aug 20 in Germany.
The Edition pack was around 6,000€ on top of base price and included:
  • Step lighting with "EDITION" lettering
  • LED headlights and tinted LED taillights
  • Radiator grille, painted black, with five chrome strips
  • Decorative film with "EDITION" lettering on the side skirts and on the rear
  • Gloss black roof and exterior mirror housings
  • 17-inch “Aracaju” alloy wheels in black with a high-sheen finish
  • B-pillar in high-gloss black
  • Black awning rail
Very happy with how It looks and mainly went for it for the LED lights although expense way to go about getting them with a few cosmetic changes and different alloys thrown in!

Not tried out if roof hot over the summer yet for sleeping!
Yes effectively the same but without the interior, enjoy the summer and if it gets to hot park under a tree

My UK T6 Beach Edition has a black roof. I’ve never slept upstairs so can’t comment on any heat increase.

Would be nice if the AC could work during the night without the engine running.

My UK T6 Beach Edition has a black roof. I’ve never slept upstairs so can’t comment on any heat increase.

Would be nice if the AC could work during the night without the engine running.
Didn’t realise Editions were available here. They’re not available new now?
I don’t understand why, if you’re on hookup, or the battery is in order, you can’t run the stereo and ac

Didn’t realise Editions were available here. They’re not available new now?
I don’t understand why, if you’re on hookup, or the battery is in order, you can’t run the stereo and ac
AC is driven off the engine, no engine operation no AC. Now when the all electric Cali is produced that will be able to maintain cooling using its built in heat pump,

AC is driven off the engine, no engine operation no AC. Now when the all electric Cali is produced that will be able to maintain cooling using its built in heat pump,
I thought the ac in the back had its own system?
Any thoughts on how to make the 6.1 stereo work if on hookup (or eg solar?)

I thought the ac in the back had its own system?
Any thoughts on how to make the 6.1 stereo work if on hookup (or eg solar?)
The radio works for about 20 mins then cuts out, certainly on the T6, most people use a smart speaker with their phone. The rear condenser is just part of the AC system that allows users to control cooling in the back, the compressor needs to be turned by the engine to operate, just like all other IC engines.

The radio works for about 20 mins then cuts out, certainly on the T6, most people use a smart speaker with their phone. The rear condenser is just part of the AC system that allows users to control cooling in the back, the compressor needs to be turned by the engine to operate, just like all other IC engines.
Evaporator

Horrible colour.
Don't like black wheels.
Black roof. What's the point in that? Only being visible to residents of blocks of flats. The most difficult colour to keep clean. Maximum solar heat gain to cook on bird poo.
No, sorry, not for me.

This vehicle cost €74k, Edition spec comes with LED lights, chrome pack, choice of alloy wheels 18“, privacy and thermal glass pack, Sun canopy, Bright Oak interior, Colour coded wing mirrors, Comfort mattress, Fog / Cornering lamps, extra interior lighting, Discover Media streaming and internet,

Extra options added, digital cockpit, metallic bronze paint, 2nd seat rail 5th seat, electric mirrors, 80l tank, light assist, wooden floor
Don't think thats correct for the Edition Pack. I went with the Edition Coast and the pack included LED headlights/tail lights, LED interior lights and in upper roof section, black mirrors and B pillars, shower, comfort mattress, 17" Aracujo's, and comfort mattress. On an Ocean you get a lot of that stuff as standard. The UK Style/Sport pack option is very different.

Back