Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW Caddy Camper owner

Anne D

Anne D

Vehicle
N/A
I'm the very proud owner of a 2013 reg. VW Caddy Camper in the wonderful bright green colour. Fully converted now so has brilliant fridge (with freezer), heater, cooker, sink, comfy bed, good lighting and is also my everyday car (basically a 2L Golf). It was one of the last to be imported into the UK. It is the most perfect vehicle for one person (plus small dog) who enjoys getting out and about. For longer stays, a Quechua pop-up tent (also green!) helps with storage.
Can happy VW Caddy Camper owners be the little siblings of the VW California group?

Hi. Is yours the standard length Caddy, or the longer one based on the 'Maxi' Caddy?

Hi and welcome.

Not very familiar with the Caddy Camper. Interesting as one of my lads now has my Touran. He's looking to do a conversion and looks similar size.

Mike

If it is a genuine VW it will be a rare beast.
Saw one in VW showroom once and never seen one anywhere since.
The brochure we have from when we got our Cali also includes the Caddy Camper.

Anne, :welcome
Would love to see some pics of your pride and joy (that is your four legged friend too!). JW

:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome

Pictures Please!

Hi Anne, you are very welcome, I loved the concept of the Caddy Camper, such a shame it did not take off.

Pics please :welcome

There was one in the showroom when we were looking at Berghaus Cali's. Looked great. welcome

image.jpeg image.jpeg

I sold the fab comfy folding bed that was in the factory build and had a marvellous conversion (fridge, heater, cooker (never use it as believe if on holiday you shouldn't cook!) & extra storage whilst still using the excellent hanging storage from the factory fitting and comfy bed all done by Sterling Auto in Thatcham. These pics before conversion....plus my superb Quechua pop up tent. The white & blue came with the van but it's not a drive-away so no longer used.
It is the perfect van for single camper who uses proper campsites for good hot showers etc. Economical as everyday car too. She is a VW caddy Maxi Camper so a long wheel base...and no longer shipped to the UK. Definitely a market out there for these ultra small practical campers...the California just too big as my everyday vehicle but so brilliant otherwise.

Back