Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW Assist or European Breakdown cover?

Possibly, but I assumed that VW Assistance would be included in the extended warranty. It was the extended warranty that I was concerned about tbh, as I did not want to miss out on it.
It's not I'm afraid, and the VW extended warranty you are referring to is an insurance based warranty, nothing like the factory warranty.

It's not I'm afraid, and the VW extended warranty you are referring to is an insurance based warranty, nothing like the factory warranty.
Can you purchase an extended warranty that is the equivalent of the factory warranty?

Extended warranty it is then, better than nothing I guess. Lol. Thanks for the information,

Can you purchase an extended warranty that is the equivalent of the factory warranty?
If your van is under 6 years old this looks like the best deal for extending the factory warranty,

All-in1 from Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles
We have taken away the need to plan ahead for the main future servicing and repair costs, by creating one simple care package that you can spread across 24 monthly payments. All-in from Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles provides great value and significant savings overall, compared to pay as you go pricing. On average, drivers who go All-in save £1558 over 2 years2. All-in has been designed specifically for vehicles aged three to six years, with an engine of 2.0L or less and under 100,000 miles at the point of activation.

For just £34.97 a month over 24 months you will receive:
2 services (including one interim service and one full service)
2 MOTs
2 years' Warranty
2 years' Roadside Assistance

If your van is under 6 years old this looks like the best deal for extending the factory warranty,

We have taken away the need to plan ahead for the main future servicing and repair costs, by creating one simple care package that you can spread across 24 monthly payments. All-in from Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles provides great value and significant savings overall, compared to pay as you go pricing. On average, drivers who go All-in save £1558 over 2 years2. All-in has been designed specifically for vehicles aged three to six years, with an engine of 2.0L or less and under 100,000 miles at the point of activation.

2 MOTs
2 years' Warranty
You beat me to it Andy.
£400 a year for Mot, servicing, warranty and breakdown is cracking value.

2 MOTs
2 years' Warranty
Full factory warranty?
I don't think the Dealer was aware of that promotion.

I supposed the time period may be related to mileage on the vehicle?
Strange, as you could still bang up the mileage in the remaining 89 days + would expect there is a separate mileage clause in the cover t+c's anyway.

Full factory warranty?
I don't think the Dealer was aware of that promotion.
Yep full factory warranty, compared to previous warranty extensions offered its an absolute bargain just based on the warranty. Throw in the servicing, Mot , recovery etc and it gets better & better.

In France now and having so much fun that we’re staying another month esp as we’re all geared up to work from here. In hindsight I wish I’d extended the VW Assistance and not bothered with the AA European cover. I’ve extended VW Assistance today for 2 years at a reasonable £160. I’ll wing it with the accident cover especially in view of the statement on volkswagen-vans.co.uk/en/service/roadside-assistance.html that says:
"Your Roadside Assistance is valid throughout Europe, so if you breakdown or have an accident whilst on holiday or working abroad then repair work, overnight accommodation and even vehicle replacement is just a phone call away". Unlike AA European cover, it doesn't cover trailer or caravan breakdowns though.

I believe you can extend VW Assistance within a month or so of the end of the standard 3 yrs that comes with a new vehicle.
You can extend VW assistance at any time but they'll only cover vehicles up until they are 10 years old at renewal.
Possibly, but I assumed that VW Assistance would be included in the extended warranty. It was the extended warranty that I was concerned about tbh, as I did not want to miss out on it.
No VW assistance is not included in any extended warranty. We took out 2 years extended warranty within 3 months of registration for £329+vat but thereafter you'll have to purchase an Extended Warranty "from as little as £232* per year" or do the all-in-one offer mentioned above.

Just renewed my VW Roadside Assistance on my 2010 Cali but they no longer offer the 2 year cover for £160 on any vehicle, it's now £99 per year and I'll have to check the T&Cs haven't change once the paperwork arrives. I'll update later :)

I took the 2 year service and warranty deal which included VV Assist which in my case covers from 6 to 8 years old.

I took the 2 year service and warranty deal which included VV Assist which in my case covers from 6 to 8 years old.
Yes I did that in the past with the VW 'All In' plan but now they've reduced the vehicle age limit from 10 years to 6 years old so now I just get VW Assist which is still a good deal for UK & European breakdown cover.

Back