Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Volkswagen Sausage (Volkswagen Originalteil) - VW staff got their VW Sausage back!

Eber123

Eber123

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 600
Good afternoon,

I just saw this article in a German magazine:

(If one has problems to read it in German maybe there is an easy way to translate it, I think it is worth it)

At the end of a challenging year to read such a lovely story is nice. And outing myself, I would be one of those VW staff members to fight to get the sausage back. Actually I would have been on the forefront of the discussion. I love a good sausage (I can't deny my German heritage ;)).

1608814659673.png

Happy Volkswagen Sausage,
Eberhard

Good afternoon,

(If one has problems to read it in German maybe there is an easy way to translate it, I think it is worth it)

At the end of a challenging year to read such a lovely story is nice. And outing myself, I would be one of those VW staff members to fight to get the sausage back. Actually I would have been on the forefront of the discussion. I love a good sausage (I can't deny my German heritage ;)).

View attachment 71036

Eberhard
Read that one of the VW workers was found dead with a whole sausage stuck in his throat. German police suspect the Wurst.

I got to try these while doing one of the factory tours we did , just normal hot-dogs .

It is a sausage called Reisen Currywurst, a large bockwurst type, gigantic pork hot dog for Brits. If you want to taste what you are missing this UK company does a typical resien currywurst sausage. Having lived in the region for 12 years they are good when covered with a warmed decent curry ketchup.

It is regional in Lower Saxony, Hannover/ Braunschweig/ Wolfsburg, most currywurst served in Germany is just chopped Bratwurst covered in curry ketchup.

The No1 Ketchup

It is a sausage called Reisen Currywurst, a large bockwurst type, gigantic pork hot dog for Brits. If you want to taste what you are missing this UK company does a typical resien currywurst sausage. Having lived in the region for 12 years they are good when covered with a warmed decent curry ketchup.

It is regional in Lower Saxony, Hannover/ Braunschweig/ Wolfsburg, most currywurst served in Germany is just chopped Bratwurst covered in curry ketchup.

The No1 Ketchup

Good morning,

I had a look at the web page (thank you for the link). I was running out of "Curry Ketchup" so I thought that could be a good place to order. Unfortenately because of the (bloo.....) Brexit they stopped shipping to Ireland for the moment. So I have to wait a wee bit longer until the situation is a bit clearer.

There is a depate what makes the better "Currywurst" either the "Rindswurst" or "Bratwurst". I must admit it is for me the "Bratwurst" big time. Never the less I wouldn't say no to a Currywurst made out of Rindswurst. I am not that radical.

I think the story from VW about the "VW Wurst" is loveley. After a challanging year with Covid were we all suffered, the issues VW had which cost them dearly, the lack and debate about the "Volkswagen Wurst" is just nice.

Happy Volkswagen Wurst
Eberhard

They sell them in the foyer shop in Autostadt Wolfsburg: VW Part No. 199 398 500 A

Good afternoon,

View attachment 71036

Eberhard
Happy to translate. Actually I’ll summarise:

VW employees were up in arms that their Currywurst was being rationed for Covid reasons. It was limited to once a week per employee. They protested and even Management joined the protest. It was successful.

Happy to translate. Actually I’ll summarise:

VW employees were up in arms that their Currywurst was being rationed for Covid reasons. It was limited to once a week per employee. They protested and even Management joined the protest. It was successful.
My Nephew works at Bentley in Crewe and it appears there occasionally.

@66tim99 thanks, ordered 10, along with accompanying VW ketchup. Certainly not cheap, but the reviews are very positive.

Whatever's in it, I'm making it a feast this weekend :D Just got back from Autostadt and brought some packs along with their 'ketchup'. Happy as a child to have them.
8402FC7E-9F54-4AD7-AE8C-39D91947C5C9.jpeg

Whatever's in it, I'm making it a feast this weekend :D Just got back from Autostadt and brought some packs along with their 'ketchup'. Happy as a child to have them.
View attachment 105405
I wonder if you'll still be grinning internally when you've eaten one...

I wonder if you'll still be grinning internally when you've eaten one...
Yes, I will. Why wouldn’t I? And I will eat more than one :Grin (This is the grinning face I guess).
Your post #15? You didn’t like them?

Last edited:
Yes, I will. Why wouldn’t I? And I will eat more than one :Grin (This is the grinning face I guess).
Your post #15? You didn’t like them?
I did...but I love that sort of thing.
My daughter and better half both thought they were awful!
I think they are a bit overpriced but theyre great on the bbq.

I did...but I love that sort of thing.
My daughter and better half both thought they were awful!
I think they are a bit overpriced but theyre great on the bbq.
Aha, that’s a good tip: the bbq. I brought three packs and have two packs, so 10 large sausages -because they are quite big- frozen. Some of them will be barbecued. Thanks.
The price I can’t remember because I didn’t want the ticket en paid for them together with our breakfast at Autostadt.

Back