MarkVw2017

MarkVw2017

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
@motacyclist @GrannyJen

Hello,

So i have find out campsites are expensive so had a idea, and be interesting to hear your thoughts.

If your a VIP member, maybe we can all share our drives with one another for free holidays (access only via VIP membership).

Might be great way to meet other cali owners and give cali owners the opportunity to have some free holidays. I would be up for it and would happily supply electric. Maybe even do some kind of booking system online (reg, names, availability) so each Cali and stays are logged. I know theres the 'park on my drive app' amongst others, but make it more of a niche for Cali owners and VIP owners only?

Be interested to hear your thoughts on this idea,.might go down like a lead balloon but mght be popular!. What do you think,?

Great idea Mark, we can create a new section and maybe a map of locations

@motacyclist @GrannyJen

Hello,

So i have find out campsites are expensive so had a idea, and be interesting to hear your thoughts.

If your a VIP member, maybe we can all share our drives with one another for free holidays (access only via VIP membership).

Might be great way to meet other cali owners and give cali owners the opportunity to have some free holidays. I would be up for it and would happily supply electric. Maybe even do some kind of booking system online (reg, names, availability) so each Cali and stays are logged. I know theres the 'park on my drive app' amongst others, but make it more of a niche for Cali owners and VIP owners only?

Be interested to hear your thoughts on this idea,.might go down like a lead balloon but mght be popular!. What do you think,?
Might go down like a lead balloon with the residents here! :D

Had to apply for written permission for our own when we were buying the house!

Somewhere in my faltering and geriatric memory box I believe this has been raised before and is a principle that I have no problem with. It is similar to many schemes that operate where people offer out drives, garages, spare land etc. to allow to park except without the fee principle.

@Martin I feel for member protection the public listing should only contain member name, location and a description of parking and services available. I would also suggest some commonality with thread title, as I tried to do with the dealer review sections, so it can be searched through alphabetic order rather than ploughing through pages of posts to find the appropriate location. I would be happy to help organise and maintain such a register.

Booked! 2020 London Marathon :)
You will be very welcome Jen.

I recall walking across Blackheath (from my parents home) in 1981 to watch the start of the first London Marathon. Got a place right on the start line behind metal barriers with a prime view - that was until a young politician put a soap box on the ground in front of the barriers then stood on it and in front of me. That was the leader of the Greater London Council, Ken Livingstone.

Love this idea , a couple we met at a meet last year was offering free camping in their paddock.

Well you can use our drive but you'll need some levelling blocks about two feet tall.

Got a spot here central SwitzerlandWell first have to ask the landlordSure that works!

Surroundings offers: Lake Lucerne, some mountains for biking, hiking, paragliding, lakes to swim, SUP boarding, some culture-historical places (Swiss call this region kind of the birthplace of Switzerland, story around Willhelm Tell)

Great idea. Understand it won’t always be reciprocal due to some resident restrictions, and having a register/database within the VIP section is a great idea.
Generally speaking we have met the most delightful California owners and we all have different expectations and needs.
Would you have to have your own loos? Access to brown/black water waste, fresh water, how many days would be reasonable, can you pop up, put out awnings etc. (We have a shared drive on a slope but happy to be part of the scheme and a fab pub in the village.) Similar guide and requirements to French Passions?

Back