Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View from/of your van.

First week-end trip in the new van. Stopped for a lunch break at Templetown Beach (Co Lough) on the way back to Dublin. Lovely beach. Good car park with a 2.2m barrier and a toilet block.

Got to try out all the kitchen stuff. Fridge works brilliantly. So does the cooker. The Primus small stainless steel campfire cookset is lovely to cook with (but it is bizarrely missing a lid for the frying pan).

691F69B8-4ECB-4E04-8DE2-7BE1DD4C9C9F.jpeg6961F45D-EA76-41B6-8811-3B87D236236E.jpegDB967BDB-C989-4BAD-A627-A6869D3E8E69.jpeg

7c62a4bb032f55fabedfaa6cdc35c3ad.jpg

Rear end

I love the rather small refuge for those who are too impatient to wait for the tide...
It's for those who leave their departure from the island too late and try to beat the tide. You can sit and watch your pride and joy submerge when you see that you can't go forward because of the incoming tide and you can't go back by the time you've realised what's happening.
I lived on the mainland about a mile to the left in your photo; stranded motorists were quite common, despite the warning notices, there is always someone who knows better.

It's for those who leave their departure from the island too late and try to beat the tide. You can sit and watch your pride and joy submerge when you see that you can't go forward because of the incoming tide and you can't go back by the time you've realised what's happening.
I lived on the mainland about a mile to the left in your photo; stranded motorists were quite common, despite the warning notices, there is always someone who knows better.
Imagine being stuck in the "refuge" with your wife, mother-in-law and a couple of kids. This would have to be hell on earth! "I told you so..." " Why did you not..." " Didn't you read the tide times... " " Is the car insured for....?" etc etc....

76f57c74e2d6125910fe245d0bc79cf3.png

An afternoon trip down to Seaford, with our three-week old van. We are still talking about names for it with the kids - the latest favourite being ‘Iorek’ (big, white, helpful on adventures). Managed to collect it on the Friday morning when we had a prebooked camping weekend with friends, so just threw all the camping gear in the back and cupboards, and off we went. Since then, just little trips, and sorting out equipment really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A cute little spot at Camping les Patis. On the outskirts of Amboise in the Loire Valley. A lovely campsite. Very chilled. €17 a night, I think. Facilities always clean. Cycle path to Amboise right next to it. And you’re on the cycle routes for Loire a Velo. Perfect!

465F2099-9526-4765-B10B-BB136598E33D.jpeg

We booked a pitch for the night at a campsite in France and as we arrive, another California is enquiring about staying for the night but the receptionist informs them that they are fully booked. As it’s a Cali and they had 2 young kids, i offered to share our pitch with them!

F1751E76-91B6-419D-834A-A41E56773FAA.jpeg

We booked a pitch for the night at a campsite in France and as we arrive, another California is enquiring about staying for the night but the receptionist informs them that they are fully booked. As it’s a Cali and they had 2 young kids, i offered to share our pitch with them!

View attachment 95308
Saw lots of these “Road surfer” rentals in Spain and Portugal - with German, Dutch, French and Spanish number plates. Must be quite a large organisation.

Sorry, had to be done this morning. Not clear blue skies like yesterday but amazing watching the different colours dance over the sea.
Cadgwith, Lizard, Cornwall

View attachment 95061
We love Cadgwith - the coast path by the Devils Punchbowl, and the Cadgwith Cove Inn on folk nights. Could I ask where abouts did you pitch up out of interest?

We love Cadgwith - the coast path by the Devils Punchbowl, and the Cadgwith Cove Inn on folk nights. Could I ask where abouts did you pitch up out of interest?
We were at Cadgwith camping.
It's a dairy farm that does camping for the summer, back to a cow field for autumn. So, everything is removable.

There is a compost toilet in 1 little wooden hut.

3 separate wooden huts for 3 showers. The showers are run of gas and are really good. No time limit on them.

Drinking water taps.

Fire pits for hire.

There are no washing up facilities or anything else. It's really back to basic camping but ideal.

The coast path takes you round past the Devils punchbowl into Cadgwith, or the road brings you out next to the coast path in Cadgwith. You can easily walk to Church cove the other way.

We enjoyed 2 nights there and will go back but it's really no frills.