Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View from/of your van.

What mattress did you go for? planning on ordering one tomorrow but haven't decided which one. Also planning on ordering the RS pop top cover which looks a great fit! did you have to give them dimensions and did it take 10 weeks to arrive?
Gold. Well worth the extra. For a 6.1 the tops are all the same size, even if they make a big deal over the sizing. 10 weeks was about right. You can get the club ones in a week, and TBH, they will be just as good. I would prefer the club bungees as the RS clips are a pain and get caught all the time.

From the balcony under which my Cali is parked tonight. Happy new year to you all from a moonlit Sainte Foy Tarentaise!
564bc5332567d5fe59cde1bdaf49e91d.dng

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the balcony under which my Cali is parked tonight. Happy new year to you all from a moonlit Sainte Foy Tarentaise!
564bc5332567d5fe59cde1bdaf49e91d.dng

Is there any skiing to be done in Sainte Foy?
We are north in Grand massif and it is closing down rapidly due to a lack of snow!!!

Is there any skiing to be done in Sainte Foy?
We are north in Grand massif and it is closing down rapidly due to a lack of snow!!!

Hi we had some decent snow a couple of days ago, conditions could certainly be better now but everything is open (it’s a small resort) and we’re getting plenty of riding done but it’s all on piste. There’s not enough snow off piste and some trails are pretty skied out by the end of the day.

It’s just lovely to be here though.

Happy New Year to all the Californians out there!

First surf of 2023, Culdaff County Donegal. Inishtrahull Lighthouse in the distance, lovely day .
aa61decc8e7e580a8f769a4afe01abd7.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
deac9fde1ff9ec7b31ffc631fc60199c.jpg

Borve campsite on Barra in the Outer Hebrides. First ever Campervan outing/trip. Solo for 7-10 days in the North West of Scotland….in January! After picking up the Cali at the end of November, I’ve been desperate to get out in it and I had some leave to use up, so I thought what the hell……. Loving it at the moment, even if the weather is trying to beat me. Borve campsite is awesome. The location is unbelievable, Donald the owner is great and he has only charged me £10 per night, hard standing with hook up, shower, toilets and kitchen right beside me and the whole campsite to myself. Heaven!
F2764B56-DF8F-4094-B0F0-CC9F49F80CEE.jpeg

2808B12D-6576-4EF7-B4C9-F43763D75E9F.jpeg

Before anyone says I can’t park!!…..Donald told me to park like this to maximise the view and limit the wind effect. It’s still too windy for the pop top though, but happy enough downstairs on my own.View attachment 103846
Did you ask him Where’s his Troooosers !
Glad you making use of the Campervan.
Not jealous at all !!
I bet it’s heaven

The location is unbelievable, Donald the owner is great and he has only charged me £10 per night, hard standing with hook up, shower, toilets and kitchen right beside me and the whole campsite to myself. Heaven!
The advantages of out of season travel.

Love2Stay in Shropshire after a very windy night - yes it was very expensive but as a birthday treat it was worth it. Happy new year!
fda1ffcb0ac57f4dbaa3a4a1d28f43e1.jpg

how cold was it overnight? I assume you had a heater going pretty much full time?

Id love to do this, but with 2 kids im pretty worried about the pop-top in cold weather
Give it a go,
just make sure you have the heater set to 2 or 3 all night (full on just before bed time) warm bedding / sleeping bags & additional blankets if required.

An External / internal topper helps black out the upper bed, keeps the wind out, whilst blocking any rain.

we Did it in Cheddar several years ago, -4 deg C, Walked to a local pub / restaurant for Dinner each night, after dinner we played cards / board games /Darts etc, until near the kids bed time.

We pre set the Van heater to come on 30minutes before arriving back at the van so it was toastie.
The van was warm overnight, so much so that the kids said they were too warm through the night & had to ditch some of the bedding.

Not so with the Toilet block, the water froze solid, much to the OH’s annoyance When she wanted to use the taps. (Keep 2L bottles of water in the van for Drinking and washing hands Etc & a bucket for any emergency wee in the night. )

Last edited: